Sign in to follow this  
river_chaos

Riv's random self

I forgot to mention this earlier: I gave my art teacher a beautiful medium blue/antique teal/soft blue shawl along with a small sketch/journal and a bell Monday and she loved the shawl more than the journal and bell. Funny thing is that she was wearing a teal blouse that matched the shawl and I didn't realize it until I walked into Art class that day.

Ten more days till Christmas!

My dad just bought two tickets to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra in concert tommorrow as a birthday gift!! I get to take a friend along too to see the show!

I'm so excited!!! *runs around in circles* This'll be my first real concert to go to!

wow, that sounds amazing! :D

I always wanted to go to an opera, an orchestra is quite close to that.

Just got back from the concert! OMG! There is no words to discribe how awesome the show was! There was this black guy with the voice of a bard that told the story that went along with the show, and at some parts the songs told the story. The lights were all over the place, you had to pay attention to everything, but it was never too distracting from the stage. We even got a taste on what their composer was writing back in LA, the musicians were in a such a good mood.

For those looking for something awesome to watch, I recomend this!

@Ryuki: It's more of a rock concert than an orchestra, but it's not entirely rock.

thats really cool riv. is it like rock with violins an cellos or something, like evanesence or tantric's down and out?

i use to love my eng comp class in college. once a week we had to go to a recital and do a report. im not entirely sure what a recital had to do with english.... but i wasnt about to complain.

o and running around in circles in your room is dangerous, you can run face first into a wall, or worse yet, get dizzy and repaint your floor with your lunch..

i seen me do it. the wall thing, not the dizzy thing.

Edited by Larz Zahn

This is a taste of what they do.

They played a song from their newest album Night Castle, but I thought that it might be a little much for some of yal. Some of their songs are harsh to the ears sometimes since it's a blend of rock and classic.

Edited by river_chaos

are you kidding? with stuff like this :-

that concert would be awesome. i'd like to go, especially if it has a narrative. that would be amazing.

They have a bard tell part of a story between songs (the songs tell the story in some parts). You would have to keep your eyes peeled if they do a Eruopean tour; I'm not sure if they've ever went to Europe for a tour yet. I know one of thier keyboardests if from the Ukraine and the rest are from here in America or elsewhere in Europe (couldn't understand the guy sometimes when he said where each member was from).

Edit: Since you like it so much...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nZldYQE_aI

Edited by river_chaos

to be honest, when bands or performers etc 'tour europe' they always go to places inaccessible to me.

their idea of 'visiting wales' is usually cardiff, which is over 100 miles away with no direct transport route.

north wales is woefully under-supported.

ugh, darn you dial up!!!! i cant access the vid links.

Ryuki!! you linked the kiva ost! dude, i always listen to those tracks... so if the transiberian orch is anything like that i'd so enjoy it... have to wait till i can hack into someones wifi.... ddeerrrrnnnnnnnn it.

riv, where else are they going in the states, do you know? im hopin that im near.

to be honest, when bands or performers etc 'tour europe' they always go to places inaccessible to me.

their idea of 'visiting wales' is usually cardiff, which is over 100 miles away with no direct transport route.

north wales is woefully under-supported.

Dang. That bites.

You could try to send them a request to perform in London; I know they listen to their fans and audience no matter where they're from.

where else are they going in the states?

They tour the entire United States starting in November, and I heard of the concert via the radio stations. You can try their website, www.trans-siberian.com , but I would keep my ears peeled on the radio mostly in case they advertise the concert.

Edited by river_chaos

:lol: ha ha that's pretty funny.

london is nearly twice the distance of cardiff. ;)

it's ok, I guess you don't study uk geography, it just sounded so ridiculous from where i'm standing. :mrgreen:

No prob. I haven't seen a map of Europe for a while now that I'm not taking any more social studies classes.

Still, why not try to send them a request to perform somewhere close to your city? It would be worth a try.

it's an idea.

there is a venue in our town but it is not anywhere close to a concert hall.

the venue has had some high status bands playing so it's not like we aren't on the map - so to speak.

going further afield, the closest is manchester and to be honest it's not appealing thought to us guys here.

it's a few hours away and not the best reputation in terms of safety.

i just had a look see.. nothings close to me at all !!! :evil::sigh::cry:

ok closest one is in missouri. two states away... lets see... (looking it up on mapquest)

ok forget it. i just waited an hour an a half.

hm... two states... i doubt i can do this before the new years... family plans that i absolutely cant get out of.

but im gonna try for 2011.

@Ryuki: They played in the Verizon Arena, and that's not a concert hall at all. It's meant for anything and everything. Sides, I think it would tickle them to death if they had people from different parts of the world come to their shows or request they come perform in places like your local venue.

@Larz: Wow. That's not too far for me. I live below Missouri. Still, I'd rather wait until they came around my neck of the woods next year.

really?

oh thats cool. I might consider asking them then. :)

i got to make sure i got funds though, I don't want to ask them to come and then not go and see them. :mrgreen:

Yeah, it helps to have money to go.

Before I forget, I finally passed my driver's test yesterday. Going to wait until Monday to get my licsence because if had gotten it yesterday, it would expire on my birthday when they're closed. *sigh*...I hate it when people pass rediculous laws like that.

I have a question not related to Guyver.... What would be the best way to wash a shawl made of wool yarn? A majority of my clothes are made of cotton and/or nylon or polyester, nothing in my wardrobe is made of wool aside from the stuff I weave. Would it be a good idea to put it in a cold wash or should it be warm?

a hot wash will likely cause shrinkage.

40 degrees is usually considered to be safe.

but if you are really attached to them, I would recommend hand wash in lukewarm water.

edit: by the way, happy birthday.