Sign in to follow this  
river_chaos

Riv's random self

Well now, I've never been accused of shop lifting before until yesterday.  My step-mom, step-sis, and I visited a Build A Bear Workshop yesterday and built our own bears.  After my step-sis and I checked out, we hung around waiting for my step-mom to get done with her two bears (one for herself and another for her grandson).  While she was watching the employee at the stuffing machine stuff her bears, the employee who checked us out approached them and said, "I need to know if those girls come back.  They're acting suspicious." My step-sis and I didn't hear that, but the stuffing lady gave her coworker a "uhh..." look and my step-mom got pissed as hell yet didn't say anything until we left. 

We won't be going to that location again. 

I've been thinking about getting a capture card and making Let's Play videos for YouTube.  I'm more of a Nintendo based gamer and the first game I thought of filming was Harvest Moon: Animal Parade since it's one of the better games for the Wii console aside from the big titles like Zelda, Metroid and such.  I did think about getting one for the 3DS, until I found out you have to install all sorts of stuff onto the 3DS to use a capture card on it and requires some soldering skills, so that's not happening anytime soon. 

What do you guys think? Go for it or no?

I'm going to try to record some Harvest Moon or Story of Season videos sometime and see how recording goes.  First, I'll need to get an audio jack to hook up to my phone for better sound recording.  I'll eventually do some Wii and Wii U game play vids when I get the cash to buy a capture card. 

My boyfriend has been listening to a certain Undertale song....and it's now stuck in my head! He's been playing it for the past week now, especially when we've been organizing his work space for our cosplay work.

I've also got a cable on the way in the mail, so hopefully I'll have a way to record some 3DS gameplay soon.

I've got volume 32 on the way in the mail :)

And I got the cord yesterday, tested it, and it works like a charm.  Now, I need to figure out how to better situate my phone's camera to better capture the screen. 

Over the weekend, my bf and I went to my old university's Alumni Weekend (it's similar to a class reunion, but for all Alumni).  We didn't do much, but we did get to see some of my old friend and professors and get my kiln back from my ceramics instructor.  We did have fun though, and he got to buy some fox drawings from one of my friends (he loves foxes).

Vol. 32 arrived earlier than I expected this week!  Love it, and laughing at how easily Agito kicked some arse.  By the way, who's the guy standing next to Takaya at the back of the book? Is he the new assistant/editor?

Anywho, I've been playing a game called Story of Seasons, and am enjoying it immensely.  This is officially part of the Harvest Moon series, but Marvelous, the original company that made the series, didn't have the rights over the English name (Natsumi did, and their game flopped big time), so now it's called Story of Seasons.  A lot of the mechanics from previous Harvest Moon games got to come back and get perfected, along with a number of new mechanics that make the game more enjoyable.  They've also added Angora Rabbits to their livestock selection (THEY ARE ADORABLE!!!) and a whole slew of new crops to plant.  I'm going to be attached to game for a long time. 

I just got back from spending four days with my boyfriend and his roommates, and I think I'd enjoy living with them when I move in.  It'd be nice to stay with my bf 24/7 and not have to worry about my dog chewing up Dad's stuff.  My brother's fiancee has already moved in with them for the summer, so we've all been looking for a bigger place to move into; the apartment they live in is pretty small for three guys and a lady.  Once they've bought a house, I'll move in with them. 

I also got to record a Harvest Moon video with a capture card I won on eBay and got the third roommate to join in on the commentary.  It was hilarious once the sarcasm started to roll! 

You're right from what I've seen.  Everyone seems to be creepy or high on drugs in this game.  Kinda like Postal 2 without the violence, blood, swearing, crude humor and insane psychopaths. 

Nice commentary, though :)

Augh.....work, work, and more work is all I seem to be doing these days....

Not much to report on, except that I might have gotten my future-sister-in-law into Pokemon.  I've also pre-ordered the upcoming Pokemon Moon and the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.  Other than that it's been work work work until my feet fall off. 

That reminds me: we had no running water at work today.  It gets over 100 degrees in the warehouse my crew works at, so imagine my employer company and our contracted company's surprise and panic when we ALL learned that there was no running water in the ENTIRE building.  There's a construction crew across the street from where we work at that's been known to damage public property, like an INTERNET TOWER!  They somehow managed to dame the water line connected to the building, including the side that is rented by another big name company.  We, the workers, had to go to a nearby gas station or convenience store to use the loo or grab some sports drinks (they contain electrolytes and potassium, which helps the body retain water longer); our contracted company sent us three 24-bottle cases of water an hour and a half after we started working to keep us hydrated for our shift. 

Ready to start school.  I go back on the 22nd of this month, and I leave my crew after the 19th for another position that's two nights a week.  I just need to run by the book store to grab the remaining textbooks I need for this semester.  Heck, I'm super happy just because my employer's willing to work around my school schedule; the two nights a week job pays $2 more than my current job, so I'll still have cash coming in while at school for once. 

Nothing else seems to be going on in my life other than working my rear off (if not sweating it off). 

Got to see the new Shin Godzilla movie :bringit: It was like one big homage to the original B-rated status of the very first movie!  My boyfriend and I are awaiting the parody films to come out, and we're planning on making one too; there's just so much material to poke fun at! 

I just hope they don't pull America's Godzilla 2000 with the next one....

So, I got Pokemon Moon recently...and am having a blast!  I got Poplion as my starter, which I do not regret, and have completed the main story.  Right now I'm exploring all of Alola, trying to find certain Pokemon, and finding new places to explore. 

As for school: I'm doing fine in my Digital Design classes, my Spanish not so much.  I don't think I've ever met a professor that's unfamiliar with English slang and expects us to remember every little word change in Spanish.  I've tried my best to remember, but the format of his exams and online assignments do not help me in the least, especially since he keeps failing to inform us when our assignments are available and due.  Sure, I had a Philosophy professor for my German class, but for the love of all that is good he at least made it easier for us to "connect the dots" so to speak in his exams, quizzes, and assignments.  We even had fun making short stories in German, but with this Spanish class we're not doing anything to further cement the language in our brains.  We started out with basic phrases, and then jumped straight into the "go-go" verbs, stem changing verbs, and so on while also learning the grammar along the way.  I am learning more Spanish from my Duolingo app than this class! 

Well, this is one hell of a way to start the new year.....

I recently came down with a bad cold after Christmas, and like any person with a brain I got some over the counter cold medicine.  It helped at first, until two days ago when I needed to get up for work and I felt sluggish as all get out.  I didn't fully wake up until two hours into my shift (luckily I got assigned to something I can do on auto-pilot).  Today, I got a burning feeling in my chest that wouldn't go away until I drank water.  I have both day time and night time meds, but with what's happened I've stopped taking them and am going to the doctor tomorrow about this.  I've never had an issue like this before and I hope it's nothing serious.

Okay, so I've been busy running my butt off working and going to school; working because my university decided to be dicks and raise the tuition without notifying anyone about it, and I'm now taking the more advanced classes for my degree FINALLY! 

Today my stepmom and I got to go to a Newsboys concert and meet the band in person.  The Newsboys are a contemporary Christian rock group, and it was the first time for them to come to our part of the state, so that show sold out a week after the tickets went on sale.  IT WAS AWESOME!!  My stepmom is still in hog heaven because she got to shake hands with her favorite guy of the group!  I even got to bro fist the drummer for playing through a technical difficulty during the performance.

About to start final exams this week!  Then I can tell this university to go **** themselves for constantly screwing me over on tuition costs! 

Other than that, I've got a good start on a Playlist on YouTube for BotW going.  I think I'm up to six episodes of it now? Anywho: extremely fun game with a lot of exploration and numerous ways to die.  I also got a new microphone to record my voice; a lot better than using a headset.  Still, I'm not getting many views on those videos and I'm not sure what to do to get more attention to the series.  What do you guys think?

Okay, I've graduated from university again.  Now I'm job hunting while also trying to get a hold of my supervisor so I can get on a set shift at work.  I'm really starting to think he has a phobia for answering phone calls since it's always a pain in the *** to get him via phone or even text.  Still doing Breath of the Wild videos.

You know what sucks about this day and age? Every company wants 3+ years of experience from college grads.  Guess who doesn't have that: me.  I've been looking for jobs since graduation, and I've been rejected ever single time.  HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET EXPERIENCE WHEN NO ONE WILL GIVE ME A CHANCE?!!  Effing corporate butt monkeys!  Even internships want some experience in a resume.  I'm to the point of starting my own graphic design business online and do free-lance projects while also building up my YouTube channel. 

*sigh*....Well, at least my playlist for Breath of the Wild is complete until I get around to the DLC, and I'm picking up Animal Parade again until I find another game to do a "let's play" video of. 

this is it. I think everyone is in the same position.  the world sucks.

I'm 10 years out of university and I'm starting my own design studio. It's hard work, but people who do this will be in a good position as opposed to those who go and work in walmart.

• Like 1

Working for yourself is a good way to go. Getting what work you can and earning all if it is better than working for someone else. Even if it does not bring in much to start with, it's better than no work. I've found there is always work for hard working, skilled people. So get out there and give it a go, plenty of people are out there looking for free work to be done. It will be an experience, however it ends up. And it's all about the journey, not the destination.

Don't work for free. it devalues you and disrespects your abilities. when people hear that you've done a job for free, they assume you are no good and it can damage your reputation before you've even started to build it.

It must have auto corrected the work 'free' in there. I would work for free either