Sign in to follow this  
river_chaos

Riv's random self

Larz Zahn    90

my mom had several looms, mostly it looks like it sits on a table, and from the main body a frame? comes out the back and stands straight up, and a smaller frame stands up in the middle and you can lean it back and forward. it didnt really have pegs but metal clips or something... i wish i have a picture to show you, i'd have to go to her house and unbury it.

Riv, i give you props. i tried to teach myself how to use a loom, even a simple cardboard loom, and i went crazy with boredom. its so tedious i seriously went batty, lol. i was watching my mom make... not really a shawl or a tablecloth, but something inbetween, and i noticed it was really bland, like one tone color, so i asked if it was possible to... draw with a loom. she told me it was but it was difficult to do so... after about a week with playing with the first loom i mentioned, i managed a shakey representation that was suppose to be a ninja turtle (cough, i was 11, cough). tho to me it looked like green spegetti. still mom was freaked out i did that at all, and then she tried hard to get me to take that up as a full time hobby....

i backed out, thats just too much work!!! so Riv, you have my undying respect for your shawls, and so ends my rant.

river_chaos    109

Thanks Larz. I don't know why, but I just find weaving relaxing for some reason, especially when there's music going too.

Sorry for not responding sooner guys. Just moved in to the new trailer last week and we just got internet today. It's been mostly chaos at the moment with trying to organize everything in a smaller space. I got my new tri loom two weekends ago and I just finished a purple shawl last Saturday.

Yesterday we had a Christmas concerte at my school; Sr. High band (my band) played Ring in the Joy, Christmas 'ala' Big Band, Greensleves, and the traditional I'll Be Home For Christmas (our yearly tribute to the armed forces over seas during the holidays). All the peices were fun to play, and there was a trumbone quartet of God Rest Ye Gentelmen before I'll Be Home for Christmas and that was fun.

Early this morning I had to take my dad up to the hospital because he was in pain and throwing up worse than when he had the stomach virus. He couldn't keep medicine down he was so bad. The docs are going to get him in for an ultrasound to see if he's got some gulbladder stones because he wasn't having a heart attack thank God. They gave him pain meds and sent him on home; he's doing fine I think (he's at work). I didn't get enough sleep, so I had to take short naps between classes today to keep seeing straight; even with caffine pills I had trouble staying awake. I just collapsed onto my futon when I got home and slept until the internet guy came to hook up the internet.

And that is the summary of my past week!

Larz Zahn    90

o wow... thats not a very good week... you have my sympathies Riv... i hope your dad gets better soon.

as for the moving.. ugh.. there is nothing i enjoy less than moving.. i moved probably about 5 to 6 times... so i definitely dont envy you there any. and one o those times was in the rain... carrying a bookshelf with a impatient friend up a slick metal ramp is not recommended i tell you.

by the way, i also live in a box called a trailer. unfortunatey its a singlewide, so i cant tranfer all my stuff here. at least yet.

probably add on a couple of rooms large enough then bring over the rest of my stuff.

so what instrument do you play? when i was in the strings program i played the violin, i feel guilty for not taking it seriously enough when i had the chance. i've been meaning to dust it off and practice a bit, but... im lazy, what can ya do?

hehe. i will probably never find sewing, weaving, or anything frabic wise relaxing... its a nerve wrecker for me. funny enough, painting small models or figures is terribly enjoyable and peaceful for me but it kills my neck.

Edited by Larz Zahn

river_chaos    109

o wow... thats not a very good week... you have my sympathies Riv... i hope your dad gets better soon.

as for the moving.. ugh.. there is nothing i enjoy less than moving.. i moved probably about 5 to 6 times... so i definitely dont envy you there any. and one o those times was in the rain... carrying a bookshelf with a impatient friend up a slick metal ramp is not recommended i tell you.

by the way, i also live in a box called a trailer. unfortunatey its a singlewide, so i cant tranfer all my stuff here. at least yet.

probably add on a couple of rooms large enough then bring over the rest of my stuff.

so what instrument do you play? when i was in the strings program i played the violin, i feel guilty for not taking it seriously enough when i had the chance. i've been meaning to dust it off and practice a bit, but... im lazy, what can ya do?

hehe. i will probably never find sewing, weaving, or anything frabic wise relaxing... its a nerve wrecker for me. funny enough, painting small models or figures is terribly enjoyable and peaceful for me but it kills my neck.

Dad's doing loads better now that he's on pain meds and anti-nausiua meds, and he has to avoid eating greasy stuff.

We kinda moved in a rush. The trailer got worked on over the summer by a carpenter because it was falling apart in some places and we've been busy the past few months so not much got done until the last possible minute when we absolutely got to get out of the big house we use to live in. Had we had more time it wouldn't be so much of a problem.

I play the flute in the band, and during marching season we're the best section that marches (we had to teach the trumbones how to march last year). I also play the ocarina on the side (specialty instrument, not a band instrument) wich is kin to the flute.

Lols. I love painting stuff too.

Tip for moving, never do it after a friend's/roommate's birthday party with booze.

I sense a story. When was this?

LordSpleach    247

April Fool's Day is the day of my best friends b-day. Not kidding. Well due to finances at the time he and his roommates had to move to new place, so he decided we have great booze party that night and in the morning we moved with hangovers. Yay!

Larz Zahn    90

haha o man... that just sounds painful spleach... never gonna hire yall for my moving needs! ever! heh.

ironically i actually know what an ocarina is, not because im all into music or instruments, but because i played zelda ocarina in time. an thats the only reason why i know what a ocarina is!! yeah, i have skills.

riv, if its ok to ask, did the hospital ever say what as wrong with your dad? that sounds a little intense for a stomach virus?

*Jess♥    634

larz, food poisoning kills people so i wouldn't say it was too intense, since food poising is from bacteria or viruses.

i'm sure you've heard of salmonella or e-coli.

--

hope your dad gets better soon :)

river_chaos    109

The pain was from the gaulbladder area (the organ that filters out the fat in food), so the docs think it might be a gaulstone.

@Larz: That's where I heard about the ocarina too. A good majority of...well everyone has heard the ocarina thanks to Zelda.

@LS: :lol: O man, it sounds like something my dad would have done in his teens! No joke!

river_chaos    109

I've got some new drawings!

post-1770-129194637744_thumb.jpgpost-1770-129194641679_thumb.jpg

Guess who. It's Alkanphel, and this was not traced! This is the best drawing I've done of him.

post-1770-129194652238_thumb.jpg

Rhia in a suite like outfit.

post-1770-129194664642_thumb.jpg

Beserker Rhia.

Larz Zahn    90

good pictures all. i especially like your dark rhia. by looking at the thumbnail, first glance made me assume it resembled jean greys "pheonix" outfit. but when i opened it up.... wow. never saw it coming. it took me by complete surprise i was so stunned.

that said, the left side.. (my left her right) looks a bit like naruto does when he gets all foxy. what i mean by that is the three lines of the side of his face, and his eye changing shape, same thing here. now for the right side (her left) yeah.... hate to run into that in a dark alley. i'd be afraid it was gonna eat me.

i was interested in her exposed limbs, i noticed her hands were all... sharp and anglely. (i made that word up yo)

i loved your over all design.

river_chaos    109

Thanks Larz!

Hmmm.... Jean Grey's 'pheonix' huh? Interesting comparison, now I want to know if either Dark Rhia or Pheonix Jean would win in a fight.

Edit: By the way: take a wild guess as to where I got the design from.

Edited by river_chaos

Larz Zahn    90

see, i never would of guessed that. could be cause i never seen bleach but im almost definitely sure that has nothing to do with it. (me seeing bleach, i mean.)

river_chaos    109

Yep, it's from Bleach.

Finally! I've brought some order to my chaotic room! I can walk through it without impersonating Monty Python's Ministry of Silly Walks now!

river_chaos    109

Yesterday me and my school band marched in the county Christmas parade. There were nine flutes in my section (I couldn't play because my mom (damn good nurse) told me to rest my arm as much as possible due to tendonitous problems that have been persisting for over a year now), and we still sounded good while we played Rudolph the Red Nose Reighndeer. A mojority of us band kids decorated our instruments and wore holiday hats, while the other local high school band didn't. phew...finally done with marching...

Today was a company Christmas party at my dad and brother's work place. Everyone that worked there brought their family, or they just came by themselves, and we all watched whomever brought a gift play Dirty Santa. :lol: Oh Lord! That was hilarious! I bailed dad out of shopping Friday night by picking out $15 worth of candy, and it was the first gift to get locked! Dad and my brother also got a good Christmas bonus, and I got a gift too (in the kids pile...really now? I turn 18 this month for crying out loud!).

I also got my new third shawl done too today! I'm really proud of it! I'll be sure to get a picture of it when my art teacher opens up the box to get it along with a little note book to carry around.

That's no fun. You should always walk silly in your room....I do.

If you've been in a marching band like I have, you would think otherwise.

Larz Zahn    90

three shawls in less than two months, not too shabby!

my family banned dirty santa from christmas holidays. it usually ended in a punching match.

Happy Early Birthday Riv!

LordSpleach    247

That's no fun. You should always walk silly in your room....I do.

If you've been in a marching band like I have, you would think otherwise.

Well I don't march, just fun casual walks at night. It's good for the soul.

river_chaos    109

my family banned dirty santa from christmas holidays. it usually ended in a punching match.

Happy Early Birthday Riv!

That I can understand.

Aww! Thank you Larz!

river_chaos    109

Crap hit the fan today. Dad walked out on his job after the owner of the company he works with started acting like a kid. My brother's still got his job. At least Dad's got more time to sleep and can help me out with the trailer now.

He's been looking for a new job for a few months now, and we all knew that this would happen sooner or later. I know he'll get a job somewhere in state; he's good at what he does and is qualified for a lot of jobs.

Larz Zahn    90

sorry to hear that riv.

i had a sweet job in flordia for around 3 months... i so loved it there, but my boss renegged on a deal he made with the investers. instead of using the money they gave him on important parts so he can sell merchandise, he spent it on his own projects, and this was happening 6 months before the investers brought me in.

so yeah... bosses are punks. i want a job that has no boss. that would be pretty sweet.