Sign in to follow this  
Primex

Guyver colored manga by primex

I tried my hand at coloring some Guyver manga panels with Gimp. I never really tried coloring the manga too much before and don't really know much at all about the software.

I didn't color Mizuki's hair in these, I thought it looked like a pretty daunting task and I didn't think I would be able to color all the strands of hair.

Feel free to comment.

4938310915_b0a43b5a6f_z.jpg

4938310409_eb4ee096e3_z.jpg

4938897954_58f19b2251_z.jpg

4938313669_3e2e51d297_z.jpg

4938312955_10ce10b415_z.jpg

4938313843_dd391d8620.jpg

4938314369_30113dff50_z.jpg

Not bad dude.

Next try experimenting with some shadow-play that way you can add another dimension of realism to your colored images

Not bad dude.

Next try experimenting with some shadow-play that way you can add another dimension of realism to your colored images

Thanks BannaKing, The best way to do that would be to experiment with the colors, correct?

What is every ones opinion. When I attempt to color manga images should I stick to the official colors if they appeared in the manga or just try and do my on thing coloring wise?

Opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

If you're going through the trouble of coloring the images, might as well go the extra mile and take your own spin on it and show your creativity. We all know what color the gigantic is, but how do YOU color the gigantic?

And shadows are created by taking shades of the selected color and experimenting with them. Example: human skin is a tint of yellow-orange. To create realistic human shadow ontop of skin, you'd need a shade of yellow-orange.

For those who didn't take color theory class, a tint is any color mixed with white, a shade is any color mixed with black. For completion sake, a tone is any color mixed with grey. That is your color theory lesson for the day.

If you're going through the trouble of coloring the images, might as well go the extra mile and take your own spin on it and show your creativity. We all know what color the gigantic is, but how do YOU color the gigantic?

And shadows are created by taking shades of the selected color and experimenting with them. Example: human skin is a tint of yellow-orange. To create realistic human shadow ontop of skin, you'd need a shade of yellow-orange.

For those who didn't take color theory class, a tint is any color mixed with white, a shade is any color mixed with black. For completion sake, a tone is any color mixed with grey. That is your color theory lesson for the day.

Thanks for your opinion BannaKing and your advice. I colored on a bunch of manga images today and I did them close to official colors so I may go back and play with the coloring and do my own spin in them.

Very classy job, Primex.

As for what to do next, all up to you.

I like what you're doing and would like to see you take it further. Go crazy !

Very classy job, Primex.

As for what to do next, all up to you.

I like what you're doing and would like to see you take it further. Go crazy !

Why thank you symbol.

I did a bunch more and messing around with the software I think I fond a better flesh tone.

you've made a very good start :cool:

I like your sense of adventure, I look forward to seeing how you improve and your adventurous choice of colours.

you've made a very good start :cool:

I like your sense of adventure, I look forward to seeing how you improve and your adventurous choice of colours.

Thanks Ryuki, I decided I would just do my own thing on the colors. That why I decided to give Gigantic Guyver the same color that I gave to Guyver 1.