Sign in to follow this  
Toku Warrior

Kamen Rider OOO series discussion

This thread will be dedicated to the discussion of the series itself. Please keep all future release (promo) info like scans of upcoming episodes that would naturally be weeks away in the KR O's thread. This thread is about the series as it is aired.

Please place all content with details of current episodes in a spoiler tag until the episode is subbed. this will give our non-RAW watching members a chance to watch and then catch up.

Official Kamen Rider OOO website

~It has been brought to my attention that we need to make these rules stick about spoilers in this thread. Yes, I'm guilty of it too so I won't deny it. Nobody's perfect....KR W reference there, lol. So this is the new rule set for this thread.

Please refrain from posting major spoilers in this thread. That's what the spoiler/update thread is for. if it's just a minor spoiler, then use a spoiler tag.

Edited by Toku Warrior

Well, it wasn't as thrilling as Double's first episode, but OOO's didn't really disappoint me. I found it quite...interesting. I'll probably like it more once it's subbed. It does seem like it'll do a good job though. Let's see....in the past few years I've seen some good Heisei series and specials so I have a small rating system for them. Decade, W and OOO are the latest series in 2 years and G being the only true Rider special....I give OOO a 7 out of 10 ATM.

Anyway, here's the OP sequence to the series. I actually enjoy it but it still won't ever be good as W-B-X or Journey Through the Decade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWIuAIs-OxY&feature=player_embedded

I updated the OP sequence link with a HQ version that isn't jumpy like the last one.

Edited by Toku Warrior

wow, that was pretty cool, I really enjoyed that op.

and the clips they showed...

I actually really really like what i see.

even though i thought the suit looked cheap at first, i think the style of the show may be very much to my liking. I guess i'll find out soon.

I really enjoyed the first episode! That's basically all I can say, because I don't want to ruin anything for anybody.

Loved the OP but as TW said, Nothing beats W-B-X and Journey Through The Decade.

Edit: Really excited to see what his Rider Kick will be like!

Edited by TheDoubleStrain

after watching the op ive decided to give the season a chance. ATM it seems to be very promising.

i am also curious as to what that disembodied glowing hand was doing there :biggrin:

also before i start viewing the show i am interested in getting a little info beforehand....

unfortunately i do not read japanese and my google chrome translator isnt working at the moment so could someone give me a brief explanation to the story?? if its not too much to ask

Edited by DarkGUYVERfan

I enjoyed the first episode. Can't wait to see how this turns out. And what other attacks Eiji will be able to execute with his various forms.

after watching the op ive decided to give the season a chance. ATM it seems to be very promising.

i am also curious as to what that disembodied glowing hand was doing there :biggrin:

also before i start viewing the show i am interested in getting a little info beforehand....

unfortunately i do not read japanese and my google chrome translator isnt working at the moment so could someone give me a brief explanation to the story?? if its not too much to ask

That glowing arm belongs to one of the 5 Greeeds (yes, that's how it's spelled for their name) whose name is Ankh. He wants all the core medals so that he can restore his whole body but so do the other 4 Greeeds.

The Greeeds can summon vassals called Yummys. they look like mummys but called that. they gain their power from the type of lust and desire that a human has which the Yummy is born from. After they then consume enough of that type of lust and desire they can then shift into a new form like that of the Mantis Yummy Kaijin we say OOO fighting in Eps.1.

In order to reach his own goals and as a way of saying thanks for saving him, Ankh gives Eiji the Medal Driver, a coin case design belt buckle that, when inserted with three core medals, gives him the power of OOO. that big device on the right side of his belt is what activates the transformation and weapon activation sequences.

His default form is called TaToBa form (Taka, Tora, Batta......meaning Hawk, Tiger, Grasshopper). When he transforms he slides that device in a downward angle on the coin buckle. The belt, just like with Blade, Den-O, Kabuto, Decade and Double, makes vocal noises when transforming. But this one takes a whole new twist to that. The damn thing sings....funny yet effective.

It will go "TAKA, TORA, BATTA! TA-TO-BA, TATOBA, TA-TO-BA!" in that very fashion for his default form.

now for more back story, there are 5 Greeed tribes and each one needs 9 core medals to become whole and become the new lord of the Greeeds. OOO can also gather all the core medals and essentially do the same.

Eiji, our main character for this series, is just a free spirited young man. Going where ever the wind takes him. To him, as long as he has a small bit of money in his pocket and a good clean pair of underwear for tomorrow, he'll be just fine. He's kinda like a fusion of the personalities of Godai and Kenzaki (Kuuga and Blade).

The arm of Ankh, needing a body to help him move around both more freely and undetectably, takes over the body of a dying police man that Eiji met once before.

that's it. no more as it can lead to too many spoilers. That's all the basic jist of info.

Oh, one more thing actually, it's as we all feared, that vending machine DOES become his bike.

I'll watch it as soon as its available, I think i will like this a lot depending on how the story goes, the design is pretty cool so it did its job to lure me in, now i wonder how many episodes we will have to wait for the rival rider to appear...I hope he is awesome.

Oh, one more thing actually, it's as we all feared, that vending machine DOES become his bike.

actually, I thought that is quite good.

when i saw that happen on that OP, I thought it was very cool.

if that was not true, i would see that vending machine as a very odd and pointless addition.

yeah, the vending machines turned into bikes caught me by surprise but i like the concept a lot, who wouldn't like to have a bike that doubles as a vending machine when you are thirsty?!?

thanks for all the info.. :mrgreen:

i just finished watching the first episode and i have to say.. its not half bad actually.. i mean sure the guy playing Eiji doesnt seem like hes ever acted before but besides that the story seems interesting enough, the fights were good and the rider himself does seem pretty impressive.

the singing "henshin belt" (is that what they're called? im not really sure) just had me laughing and as for the vending machine moorcycle i just have one question concerning it..... does it still give candy??? :biggrin:

yeah, the vending machines turned into bikes caught me by surprise but i like the concept a lot, who wouldn't like to have a bike that doubles as a vending machine when you are thirsty?!?

And if one gets destroyed, you got others.

Man, Youtube is sure making it hard to be able to keep track of the new Rider series. You would think that Toei would want the international exposure that Youtube would provide it's new series. More exposure means more people buying more product. That is just my ole logic working. I could be totally wrong. XD

So far from what I have seen though I really dig Kamen Rider OOO. I like the whole coin and triple change concept. I also like the transforming vending machine!

I don't know why but i get the feeling that the Ozu belt has a similar side-effect to what the Faiz/Delta/Kaixa belts had to its user, it is just a hunch i am making based on what the Greed that Ozu was facing commented when he Transformed, i could be wrong and i hope I am wrong cause since the Faiz belt kills you the more you use it Taku can't be faiz anymore after the series was over and i am hoping to see more of Ozu after it's series ends.

Guest DekaRed V2

Wrong I'm afraid. The faiz belts could only be worn by orphenochs. The kaixa belt was able to be used by humans but killed em after only a few uses, kusaka was lucky in that he could last a bit longer than most humans, but even he would of succumbed to it's deadly power had kiba not snapped his neck first. In this respect, takumi can always use the faiz belt as many times as he wants.

If i remember correctly it was said that the belts drained the users orphenoch energy, The Kaixa belt taking out large amounts of energy, the faiz belt did it to a lesser extent but it still drained energy, Taku had the side-effects of having too much energy drained by the end of the series, now if his Orphenoch energy can be recovered then he could be faiz again but since the series ended we will never know.

Edited by odin

I watched the first episode of ooo last night.

wow, I really enjoyed it. they have done soemthing really special with this so far.

I don't know about the characters etc, obviously from hte first episode you can't tell that stuff, but the way things move and behave is very cool and i absolutely love it.

it is very different from W.

Guest DekaRed V2

Have tvn released it yet? I watched it raw last week and almost instantly got a faiz/blade feel from it. And the belt... didn't like it in the toy review, but of course seein it in the show in action, henshin poses an all, instantly makes it kool to me. I think in that first video we seen where I said I liked it an my brother asked why, madly enuf the henshin pose appeals to me. And the ride vendor... Thought I'd hate that as well, but I really like it. Can't wait to see wat happens wen he uses a medal in it.

Eps.2 was really nice. We get to see more of the characters that we were teased with the first time 'round, we see some more development with Ankh and a forming partnership between Ankh and Eiji also starts to develop. Plus that sword that OOO uses is just so damn cool.

hopefully nothing to spoiling.

Anywho, yes Deka, TVN has Eps.1 out now and Over-Time (once called W-Time during KR W's run) has both episodes currently subbed. They do their subs in a full translation unlike TVn which leaves a few words untranslated to help keep that original feel of the show. Either way is good to me. Just as long as i can watch it.

Bobby, DarkGUYVERfan, screw YT. They can take it down all they want. That's why i just straight DL it. You could also possibly look around on Veoh if they've released it on their site.

Bobby, DarkGUYVERfan, screw YT. They can take it down all they want. That's why i just straight DL it. You could also possibly look around on Veoh if they've released it on their site.

Veoh doesnt work in my country... :sad:

however i do manage to watch the episodes on YT before they can be removed :cool:

anyway the episode was awesome

there was some great comedic moments and the bts of explaining the backstory using ice cream was just hilarious :lol:

one thing that i think deserves mention is that when faced with a yummy for the second time only

eiji immediately asked ankh for his driver and medals

that cemented in my mind that he knows that hes a kamen rider and that he has to deal with these problems now

plus i noticed when the vending machine turned into a motorcycle it suddenly had a registered license plate

that really made me laugh :razz:

i hope none of that was any kind of spoiler :redface:

Edited by DarkGUYVERfan

tvn have really improved lately.

I think the many many discussions on the subject have really made an impact.

I was really impressed with how they did those couple of notes in the first episode. they made the dialogue sound more natural but included ankh's witty way of saying things at the top.

well actually, it poses an issue for me since i need to rewind and pause to read it, but that's my issue not theirs. I am sure other people don't have a problem with it.

so is overtimes sub soft or hard?

I would get a raw first and then get an srt?... or wait a little while?

I'm pretty enthusiastic about this so I would get it right away to keep up with discussion.

Eps.2 was really nice. We get to see more of the characters that we were teased with the first time 'round, we see some more development with Ankh and a forming partnership between Ankh and Eiji also starts to develop. Plus that sword that OOO uses is just so damn cool.

hopefully nothing to spoiling.

Anywho, yes Deka, TVN has Eps.1 out now and Over-Time (once called W-Time during KR W's run) has both episodes currently subbed. They do their subs in a full translation unlike TVn which leaves a few words untranslated to help keep that original feel of the show. Either way is good to me. Just as long as i can watch it.

I think Veoh is gone. Plus, their downloadable video player has NEVER worked on my laptop.

Edited by Bobby