Sign in to follow this  
BananaKing

The King's Gallery

So here's a new installment of the gallery featuring some work I've been doing while learning to use my tablet. They may not be the most interesting pieces, but then again they're exercises :lol: how often are exercises entertaining? So instead of giving conventional titles, I'll just list what these pictures are...even though their reference pics are next to them.

post-71-128665472483_thumb.jpg

Rusted Corrugated Metal Texture

Made in Photoshop CS4

Probably the weakest of the three in this set. I experimented with custom brushes for all 3 of these pieces, however I don't feel like this one has the same sense of depth as you'll see the other one's have.

post-71-128665494028_thumb.jpg

Dirty Old Shutter Texture

Made in Photoshop CS4

I like how true to the original this came out. It gives a very evil/dark feel even for a texture.

post-71-128665511148_thumb.jpg

Concrete Sidewalk

Made in Photoshop CS4

This is my favorite of the 3 because it looks like concrete. Just the little nuances like the low opacity green and specks of white make it feel real and somewhat aged.

So if anyone still looks at this I just finished another line art. The original art was done by brau on deviantart

post-71-128986144595_thumb.jpg

Facing Defeat

Photoshop Digital Painting in CS4

This is a One Piece Line art drawing colored in Photoshop. I tried my hand at one of Ryuki's lighting techniques by using masking and a gradient to create an initial light source to help set a mood. All colors were hand picked based off of several reference images and as a final touch I desaturated the entire image to help the colors feel muter and help set the feeling of depressing and nighttime better.

i dislike the line art but the overall feel of the piece is good.

thanks to the colouring.

you're doing some good work with lighting, from the thumbnail, i thought it could have been a CG render.