Sign in to follow this  
Primex

Commissioned Guyver Artwork.

Did you do these yourself? They're really cool, they look very similar to the manga images.

One thing I did notice is that Mizuki's face seems very stylized. I don't know but its just something I noticed

Did you do these yourself? They're really cool, they look very similar to the manga images.

One thing I did notice is that Mizuki's face seems very stylized. I don't know but its just something I noticed

Glad you like them. I wish I could say that I did those pages myself but no an artist named Greg Lane did these for me. He had done one of the robotech comics for antarctic press and I commissioned him to do these for me. The references I sent him were from the manga and the second image of them in bed was base off of a panel from the actual manga.

Could you elaborate a bit more on what you mean by her face being stylized? It may have just been the artist interpretation of the character designs.

I am really digging the fact that he keep their facial features in a style of his own, rather than Manga copies, which I noticed he kind of did for some of the Gundam based pictures on that gallery. Nothing wrong with that if that is what the client asked for of course.

I could totally nitpick the Guyver armor in the background of the first pic... But honestly I like to see an artist, who doesn't know much about the Guyver and the design, take a stab at it.

Thank you for posting these! I know a lot of people who commission artwork, don't like to post even the sketches of the work they paid for.

I am really digging the fact that he keep their facial features in a style of his own, rather than Manga copies, which I noticed he kind of did for some of the Gundam based pictures on that gallery. Nothing wrong with that if that is what the client asked for of course.

I could totally nitpick the Guyver armor in the background of the first pic... But honestly I like to see an artist, who doesn't know much about the Guyver and the design, take a stab at it.

Thank you for posting these! I know a lot of people who commission artwork, don't like to post even the sketches of the work they paid for.

I am glad you like them, I thought the Guyver message board might appreciate the artwork. I feel the artist did a really great job on these myself. Usually when I commission art I don't really give a whole lot of detail descriptions so the artist can have some freedom on the artwork usually I try to provide plenty of references for the artist.

I do wonder how some Guyver art done in the design of the tv series might look but have a hard time getting away from Yoshiki Takaya's style, what do you think?

Could you elaborate a bit more on what you mean by her face being stylized? It may have just been the artist interpretation of the character designs.

Well being the art student that I am, I have to use art terminology when I can or else my tuition is for nothing :mrgreen:

Well from what I'm seeing, the face on Mizuki is the same for both pics however her face doesn't look nearly as true to Takaya-san's style than sho's. Whoever draw these pictures wanted to make mizuki look different and she does.

Well being the art student that I am, I have to use art terminology when I can or else my tuition is for nothing :mrgreen:

Well from what I'm seeing, the face on Mizuki is the same for both pics however her face doesn't look nearly as true to Takaya-san's style than sho's. Whoever draw these pictures wanted to make mizuki look different and she does.

Ah, Thank you for explaining BananaKing.

He's done good work on the drawings; but I have to say that the way he renders Mizuki's face makes her look old. Older than Sho, at least. The rest of it looks great, it's just Mizuki's face that kinda bothers me.

I have just commissioned some more Guyver artwork and they will feature Mizuki and Sho and use the character designs from the recent TV series and be in that style. I just got a look at the prelims and they look fantastic. Really looking forward seeing them completed.

Here are the new Guyver commissions I just got, they are in the anime TV style.

Please let me know what you thank.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=655822&GSub=97622 pencils

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=655823&GSub=97622 inks

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=655824&GSub=97622 pencils

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=655825&GSub=97622 inks

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=655826&GSub=99295 pencils some nudity Not safe for work so you will have to log in to view.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=655827&GSub=99295 inks watercolor some nudity Not safe for work so you will have to log in to view.

Thanks for looking.

Please let me know what you thank.

You're getting the details down pretty good. Still alot of these are recreatiosn of the comic scenes. Is that what the guys keep asking you for?

You're getting the details down pretty good. Still alot of these are recreatiosn of the comic scenes. Is that what the guys keep asking you for?

Yes I had some of these based on scenes that I like from the comic with a little variation here and there. Oh and I did not do the art I just commissioned an artist named Greg Lane to do them for me.

Edited by Primex