Sign in to follow this  
odin

Odin's Art Gallery

Here is something different, this is something I used to do when I was very little, my mother could not always get me toys but I did not let stuff like money get in the way of me having fun so what did I do? make my own toys of course!! just buy a little box paper fasteners, get some cardboard, start drawing, cut it out make some holes for the parts that I want to move and presto!! my very own toy on the budget of 1 dollar, it really brings me smiling with nostalgia the power of imagination is limitless as long as you don't say you can't do it. just thought id share with you guys something from my childhood, hope you guys like it, I will probably do a more advanced toy with cardboard just for fun in the future.

post-1411-0-84770400-1359314949_thumb.pn

haha that's really cool! I think I remember playing with split pins like that when I was younger too. I'm liking the painterly style you've got going on with your recent works. The Guyver I image is pretty cool too, though I can't put my finger on what exactly has gone wrong, but I'd suggest watching out for the proportions of the head.

haha that's really cool! I think I remember playing with split pins like that when I was younger too. I'm liking the painterly style you've got going on with your recent works. The Guyver I image is pretty cool too, though I can't put my finger on what exactly has gone wrong, but I'd suggest watching out for the proportions of the head.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. :)

Here is something different, I got bored of doing regular dishes from my country (I love to cook) and I decided to try Japanese dishes, first up is the onigiri, I used sushi rice to make it and gave it a cherry filling and wrap it with Nori (a type of sea weed) not bad for my first attempt but the rice had no taste, I was told that the sushi/ oriental rice is sweet but apparently the one i have it is not so next time I will use my method of cooking rice and put some salt in it to give it some flavor.  any suggestions for flavor on the rice are welcomed.

post-1411-0-54396300-1362344224_thumb.pn

it's great to cook :)

I love to cook when I get teh chance!

I have some very important tip for making sushi rice :)

Sushi rice is not just rice.  the most important part is the vinegar etc.

you need to mix the rice with various things. when making actual sushi, you use a mix of mirin plus salt and sugar.

rice itself will always be bland, the vinegar etc is what gives it its joyfulness.

however, onigiri is not made with sushi.

onigiri uses plain white rice. the plan to make it taste better and less bland, in my mind, is to make your filling more powerful and to use a good wrap of nori.

I think onigiri is like a japanese version of a sandwich. the bread is pretty plain but the filling gives it it's joyfulness.

• Like 1

plain white rice? but that does not stick like sushi rice, how do you make it stick?

maybe some confusion in terms.  sushi rice may be called that way because it is intended for sushi, but it is actually just sticky rice.

actual sushi has the vinegar etc in it, but the rice that is used, is sticky rice.

so yeah you would use the sticky rice for onigiri, but it is not sushi in any way really.

• Like 1

well, here are 2 new drawings I did this week, hope you like them, I can't seem to link the thumbnail on the forum so you are just going to have to follow the link.

TOMMY VS LORD ZEDD FAN ART
http://odin787.deviantart.com/art/Tommy-vs-Lord-Zedd-392965596?q=sort%3Atime%20gallery%3AOdin787&qo=0

KAMEN RIDER RUST TRIBUTE
http://odin787.deviantart.com/art/Kamen-Rider-Rust-392415174?q=sort%3Atime%20gallery%3AOdin787&qo=2

Edited by odin

remade an old drawing I did to see how much I have improved and I must say I love how it turned out, feel free to comment on this.

post-1411-0-55669900-1377453074_thumb.pn

Tekkaman Blade from the looks of it. Goodwork overall! 

Tekkaman Blade?  that is a very old drawing, is my recent post not showing? thanks anyways for taking your time to see it, much appreciated. :)

here are 2 new drawings that I did and i want you guys to participate on which of the 2 I should paint next, poll is at the top

post-1411-0-21614700-1377573843_thumb.pn

I got a bit side tracked on my drawings so I decided to work on this one which you guys will probably like. will upload the colored version tomorrow.

post-1411-0-59298800-1380351264_thumb.jp

well this is going to take a bit longer than expected, here is the progress so far on my drawing of Guyver 3

post-1411-0-56274800-1380435430_thumb.pn

• Like 2

Something different today, this is a Superhero I did for a Comic I'm making which will debut in late december hopefully, his name is Rocán, feel free to give feedback and opinions about him, questions are also welcomed. Still need to color him tho. XD

post-1411-0-45369600-1386824167_thumb.pn

here is a gameplay video of a game demo I did last year, pardon the crappy quality, I'm trying to see how to export better quality videos on camtasia, if any of you guys have a better alternative to record videos on your pc please leave your suggestions as well as your opinion about the gameplay, if you want to play the demo, feel free to ask for it.