Sign in to follow this  
Tales

Kamen Rider Cosmos: Discussion

After much discussion with Spectre555, we had decided that we had to revampe the whole concept of Cosmos but still keep it in space.

More to come.

Settings:

Cosmos now is set even further into the future in the Kabuto timeline, about 400-500 years from the time of Kabuto. So the year is 25XX in Earth timing. Basically during this 400- 500 period, mankind has been seem to have been reduced to somewhat like a mix between modern technology and Feudalism. But this has a reason and also one of the major flaws of a project; the Seeder Project

Each Country can now own planets by sending out a spacecraft the size of a naval ship called Seeders to seek out planet with good criteria to support human life and terraform it. The ship is programmed to find basic specific attributes like for example.

UV Radiation

Existence of Water of good amount

Suitable Climate and temperature

Gravity Strength must be equal to that of Earth.

Atmosphere must at least be able to be changed and not contain any toxic gases in large amount.

Gravity Strength, Climate and atmopshere are three major ones. Water is also a big concern but however the ship is equiped with water mining droids who can mine water in the early stage of terraforming.

Human embryos, animal and plant embryos are also on board.

English as basic language

But this is where the similarities end. While each country's Seeder ships are all equipped with these basic criteria for planet to probe. There are education data too to transfer Matrix style to the human embryos. So the first generation can teach the second generation and so forth. However each country's Education Database differs alot. Thus each Seeder ship from each country produces human colonies with different Mother tougues or side languages.etc and culture.

Example: Ikari's colony with is Planet Nippon 1 is a Japanese Seeder Ship. So the education data contains Japanese traditions, language.etc Thus as a result, the colony people have clothing, art or even their aircraft that is Japanese inspired. Even their soldiers look like wearing Darth Vader's helmet and all have Katanas and energy guns.

Another aspect is the time scope. Each Seeder ship or mother ship will eventually send out a signal to the Sol system where Earth is to contact the mother country that the planet is successfully terraformed and can sustain future generations. Each seeder sents that signal when the colony reaches the human population at about 100 people.

Still thinking about the Kaijin/Villains and other stuff.I already worked out how Cosmos and Astro get stronger.

Not sure what this evil alien empire is yet.

By the way,just to elaborate, there still are kinetic weapons in Cosmos's timeline.

Not gonna let it be like Star Wars where weapons in that universe are mostly energy consuming weapons.

Edited by spectre555

Nah no ordinary citizen can afford a ray gun. Maybe just leave it to the troops. Dun forget this is not Earth so not much natural explosive chemicals from nature

Energy weapons are more powerful than most kinetic weapons,which is why they are expensive.Plus, their ammo isn't simple as mere metal bullets to be loaded.

Edited by spectre555

Well, i have already planned out a direction for the first arc of the story.It is only during the second arc that Astro, the second rider comes in along with more meat of the story.

Right now, i'm still stuck on what to call the kaijin or the name of their faction.

Give me a description of the new Kaijin and what they mainly do and I'll think of a few names for them. Then you can think of a faction name from there as having a species name makes it easier for creating a faction name.

This new Kaijin are alien biomechanical creatures.

Their faction is like the Galactic Empire in Star Wars.

Edited by spectre555

biomech.jpg

Imagine Kaijin like these.A fusion of organic and technology.The motif of biomechanics.

Thus, some of them might look really ugly in this machine fused with flesh screwed up manner.

Thus, only some types can take on humanoids disguises.

Hmm....that does make it somewhat easier.

DO you want just an English name or a compiled name like last time with the Necrophites?

Cuz I do have one name so far. For instance, Organic is pronounced 'Kyuuki' while Machine is pronounced 'Kikai'. So I was thinking something along the lines of Kikyuukai, Kyuukai or Kikyuurots.

Well, these aliens have some kind of weird tough skin that is a bit like metal.

The lower ones are usually dull greyish.

The higher ones are shiny sliverish.

Well, for English word uses.....:

Mechrons

Mechanites

Biocrons

Technolites

Techrites

Techkronians

That's about all I could come up with for the moment.

Hmm, lets try different keywords then.

Maybe lets remove the machine bits from the name and add in their metal like gray skins as one of the defining qualities.

Cause, i was thinking their machinery is just their technology, not what their race is as a whole.Not all of them have machinery integrated in after all.

Need to think this out.

Edited by spectre555

Well, if you want to remove the machine-like parts of the name and use metal skin type quality then try these.

Metalites

Neochromians

Chromasapiens

Steelacrain

Aluminitus

Bronzark

Erodian

Ironite

Titaninites

Metallops

Thank Toku Warrior we will think up more...

Also spectre and I are wondering why is there an internal civil war despite the Mother Seeder Ship providing the educational data needed to educate the humans grown from the ship. Could this be part of the human instinct to question authority including provided Mothership data?

I think the Chromasaipens,Neochromians and Erodian are seem to hit the mark,but not exactly yet.

Edited by spectre555

Today, i just figured out Cosmos's true power.

If Kabuto is Time, then Cosmos is Space!

Cosmos's true power is manipulation of space.

Though,this would only be shown briefly in Cosmos's finisher attacks since Ikari gets the desire to close the distance between him and his enemy.In the beginning parts of the series.

Ikari will only known of Cosmos's space manipulation power a little late into the series,when more powerful opponents appears.

The Dark Energy and Dark Matter powers are just sub powers.

Edited by spectre555

Wel, for starters. Here's how Alien is said in Japanese.

e-rian, takokujin, eirian, iseijin.

Now, maybe a mix of Japanese and English.

Metaseijin

Chromakujin

Steele-rian

Something like that.

Okay, basically,in 25XX, Humanity had already gotten advanced enough in technology and space travel to start terraforming planets.They started the Seeder Project and sent out many Seeder Motherships to explore and find new planets.

Each country had at least 1 Seeder Mothership.So at least 1 Planet per country.

Now, we all know that communication in space is really troublesome.The latency of sending and receiving messages over long distances in space.

While the Seeder Project was going on,Earth came into contact with the Chromas Empire(temporary name for now) and they fought.

Sadly, human technology was no match for the Chromas.

Earth was enslaved and conquered.

Well, still working it out.

Actually, I like the name Chroma. It does it some good justice. Now for a good faction name. Also, like the new revise of Cosmos's beginning.

Humanity's last hope now lies among the stars.

With Earth enslaved and conquered,only the humans that were in the Seeder Motherships were free from the Chromas Empire.

But here was the problem.

The latency of space communication as i said,made messages took years to arrive.Not to mention if you do factor in the chances of the messages failing to be delivered to them and errors and so on.

Thus, the humans in the Seeder Motherships are mainly unaware of the Chromas Empire.

Humanity's seeds of hope were scattered among the stars.And only God knows how Humanity can be saved from the Chromas Empire now.

Oh, yeah i changed Astro into an American to make so that he is a contrast to Ikari.

Edited by spectre555