Sign in to follow this  
Toku Warrior

What live-action series are you watching or have you watched?

As the topic title asks what Tokusatsu, CH-Dramas, J-Dramas, K-Dramas and T-Dramas have you either seen, are currently watching or both.

CH - Chinese

J - Japanese

K - Korean

T - Taiwanese

For me, it's these titles:

Kamen Rider

Black

Black RX

ZX

Super 1

Original KR movie

Amazon

SkyRider

J

ZO

Shin

Kuuga

Agito

Ryuki

Faiz (555)

Blade

Hibiki

Kabuto

Den-O

Kiva

Decade

W

G

Super Sentai

Maskman (movie)

Abaranger (Aba VS Deka)

Dekaranger

Magiranger

Hurricanger

Boukenger

Gekiranger

Go-Onger

Shinkenger

Other

Ultraman Nexus

Garo

Fuuma no Kojirou

Tomica Hero Rescue Fire

Armor Hero

J-Drama

Otomen

Mei-chan no Shitsuji

Mr. Brain

Tokyo Dogs

Tokyo Ghost Trip

Jigoku Shoujo Live Action

Samurai High School

CH-Drama

K.O. 3an Guo

Were talking about drama in general right? Well, here are some of the shows that I have seen.

Masked Rider V3

Masked Rider Black

Masked Rider Ryuki

Masked Rider Blade

Masked Rider Kabuto

Masked Rider Kiva

Masked Rider Decade

Masked Man

Bioman

Goggle Five

Jetman

Fiveman

Galvan

Shaider

Jiban

Machineman

Janperson

Ultraman Tiga

Ultraman Dyna

Godzilla

Godzilla vs Biolante

Gransazer

Densha Otoko (J-drama)

Gokusen (J-drama)

Nodame Cantabile (J-drama)

Maison Ikkoku (J-drama)

Tokyo Wankei (J-drama)

Kimi wa Petto (J-drama)

Deathnote

Lovers (K-drama)

These are just on the top of my head. There are others more. I just can't remember them right now.

can we just talk about the ones we enjoy and want to tell people about or advise people on if it is any good?

yo yo yo, I am in watching my am got, a called by japanese j-drama, It is called atashinchi no danshi.

atashinchi no danshi is "the young men of my home". a girl has debt problem given by her father, she cannot pay and is in a pinch. she is rescued by this millionaire guy and she has to marry him. she thinks it's ok because he is dying and he doesn't ask for anything special, just a wife. little does she realise, that once he has died, she is still caught in a contract to be mother to his sons.

this is a lovely drama, it is very funny, it has a rich colourful feel to it.

binbo danshi, which i think translates to "down on their luck guys", is about people with debts. it is about how these people work at reducing their debt to this loan shark. the one guy who is the protagonist is a big hearted guy who is in debt because of how much he gives to others. this character alone is the reason why i watch this. he is such an amazing character that reminds me so much of shinji from kamen rider ryuki. it is difficult for me to say which character i love more.

please definitely watch this.

Yes, this does seem like a pissing contest. But one just cannot resist the urge to post.

I will try to take a look at Binbo Danshi. It looks interesting enough.

As for my recommendations, I would suggest everyone to watch Densha Otoko. Being anime fans that we are, we can relate to the lead character who is an "Otaku" (do note, "Otaku" as a derogatory term, not as a fanboy, as his fanboyism is really extreme), with various references to different anime. However, the story is not mainly about an "otaku", but how he tries to court a girl with the help of online friends. Ugh.... this sounds so like a certain topic I made which I would like to forget.

Moving on.....

I would also like to recommend the K-drama Lovers. Not really everyone's cup of tea. It's a romance story between a Plastic Surgeon and a Mob boss.

I'm also looking into watching Yama onna Kabe onna. About two working woman and their differences in breast size, hence the titular Kabe (wall=flat chested) and Yama (mountain=big boobed).

I think TVN subbed Densha Otoko, didn't they?

Yeah, good point Ryuki. Ok, in post one just post the basic but not all of the series you watch. Just a couple so we can get an idea. They post and inform others of some other series you might think they'd like.

Now for a series, well I have one.

Otomen - It's an 8 episode series based off of a manga which, from what I can gather, is about High School kids, romance and kendo. One of the main cast members is Setou Kouji, well known for his break out role as Kurenai Wataru in the tokusatsu series, Kamen Rider Kiva. I've only seen episode 1 so far and it does seem kinda interesting. I will say thins though that if you really wish to enjoy this series, you might need to be able to understand Japanese as I haven't noticed a single FanSub group pick this series up yet so you can only find it in RAW format.

Guest DekaRed

i was gonna say, it would be a pretty big list for me!

cool, I'll wait to hear more about Otomen before picking it up.

I do want to watch densha otoko, i saw the intro of it once i think. looked good. it sounds like the type of thing i would like.

yama onna kabe onna sounds good as well. maybe that will be my first one to watch. I hope it's more of a girl drama rather than a boy drama. I don't like a focus on sex, but i do sometimes like to watch women gossip about their boobs. it helps to appreciate the female figure more but without having sex as a distraction.

Well, I just started watching Tokyo DOGS today and one fo the 3 main cast members is Hiro Mizushima (a.k.a. Tendou Souji / Kamen Rider Kabuto). He sims to have slimmed down some and grown a ghoutie. So far it's a good series for those who like police/detective dramas.

Tried watching Binbo Danshi. Just halfway the first episode, I stopped. Didn't like how the main protagonist was portrayed. I guess the show just isn't for my taste.

only half way through the episode?

that's hardly a fighting chance!

give it at least a full episode dude :)

Well, the friends are actually getting on my nerves. Borrowing money and taking advantage of the poor guy. Okay, I'll give it a chance by watching the full episode.

yeah, you see that is what it is all about really. how people learn about others taking advantage and why and then how they develop and learn from these situations.

if you feel emotional about it then it is good because the series addresses those things.

i was shocked at first, "why is he so gullible why is he so stupid" but over the series we learn about why he is the way he is and come to appreciate his character.

i must admit i felt uneasy as i was watching the first episode, but as it get to the end and then it leads into hte rest of the series, i felt differently.

i really loved keitai sousakan 7, is it like that?

I didn't really like Keitai Sousakan 7 so I never watched it. I can say that it has no SFX like a tokusatsu does. It's a J-Drama thus not highly inclines with the supreme SFX that Toku series such as Ultraman, Kamen Rider or Keitai Sousakan 7 would have.

It just your basic detective/police series with a nice addition of comedy. Hiro's character is also much different that of Tendou. He's outspoken, crazy, hyper and carefree in this series. He even looses that Tendou bored look that he was famously known to have back in Kabuto.

The guy in the series that you and Durendal are talking about, Binbo Danshi, I think the actors name is Oguri Shun. If so he is also in the series Tokyo DOGS and is also 1 of 3 main characters.

Okay, I'm currently at episode 3 of Binbo Danshi. I guess its kinda interesting. Although the subs are really horrible, way below HK sub, so I really had to rely on listening. I'm watching this streaming at mysoju by the way.

About Tokyo Dogs, what is it about?

Well, from what I cold take in from episode 1. It's a police/detective J-Drama. It's based around three cops (2 of which are the main characters) and a woman. Two of the cops, Keiichi Horikawa (Ryou Katsuji) and Marou Kudou (Hiro Mizushima) are sent to New York to help in an international investigattion and possible arrest of a Japanese Yakuza named Jinnou. The 3rd cop, Sou Takakura (Shun Oguri), has been after Jinnou since he was a small boy, seeing as his dad was killed by Jinnou during a father-son outing.

The arrest goes badly as the real Jinnou is nowhere near them as they arrest a fake Jinnou. They then run into a woman who seems to have aconnection with the Yakuza while at the crime scene. She faints and they take her back to Tokyo. The U.S. part of the police tell Sou to not come back because of the failure.

The girl, Yuki Matsunaga (Yuriko Yoshitaka), suffers from amnesia due to the events of the mission. They cops dont' know whether or not if she's a member of the Yakuza or someone they were after.

Sou is then moved to Tokyo branch and partnered up with Marou. Sou is the kind of cop with an American gung-ho style but with a serious "Do as I say because I'm right" persona. Marou is more laidback and speaks his mind is constaintly complains. But it has the right mixture of seriousness and comedy and that makes it really good. Each episode is about 30-45 mintues in length. The series is fansubbed by Timeless Subs.

that seems quite attractive.

I think I would like to watch that.

So far Timeless Subs has 3 of the 5 currently released episodes subbed. Hiro Mizushima also plays a cop in another series they subbed called Mr. BRAIN. Even though he's a supporting character he's more skiddish and somewhat of a worrywart in that series. MR. BRAIN is also long in episode time though the series itself is quite short.

Gackt also played in the series' second episode from what I know after watching the preview. I will have to take my time with MR. BRAIN as, even though it's a nice series, each episode is as long as a normal movie. The first episode itself it over 90 mintues. But the series as a whole is only 8 episodes.

I'm going to be watching Eps. 1 of Samurai High School later today and I'll give my report on it along with a more thurough reort on MR. BRAIN. I may even take the time to make a few screen captures and make preview images for them....if I'm not too lazy to open photoshop today.

well i have downloaded the first 3 eps of tokyo dogs.

now i'll need to schedule some time to watch it.

after finding new haruhi episodes.. i have a lot to get through.

Just finished Binbo Danshi or Bomb Bee Men. I must admit, I did enjoy it quite a bit. I find Kazumi kinda strange, but his ideas are pure genius. Also, loved the main theme, "Monochrome" by Bennie K, as well as the Insert song "Sukiyaki". I'm glad that this is only a short series, as long series tend to turn me away. I guess I would recommend this as long as the viewer can stomach the irritating friends at the first episode.

i'm glad you enjoyed it.

i lost the names.. is kazumi 'suruten' ?

It was Shoten. Short for "Small Mountain". Although I was a bit disappointed at the ending. I was expecting

Mimi and Kazumi would end up together instead of Mimi and Hikita.

no, it was suruten. i'm pretty sure of that.

as he explained it, su mou ru ma u n ten

I was just asking, because i couldn't remember suruten's real name.

if i got it wrong, please tell me, I only say because i'm 98% certain of it.