durendal

Music Video Thread

ah yea, I love lost boys, i grew up with that series, got all 3 movies and the comics, part 3 was a real treat. i also love those songs, they are just way epic.

Edited by odin

Ah, the ever loving Rockman. I'll admit, I never got the chance to play that game. Stopped playing ever since they shifted to 3D. I think X6 was my last Rockman. Don't tell me that it's still Sigma in X8?

Anyway, here's my music video contribution. Another song from the lovely ladies of Girls Generation with their song Run Devil Run.

why are they singing in Japanese if they are Korean?

I find myself wondering, is the relationship between Korea and Japan similar to the relationship between some European countries and the UK?

I believe a lot of European groups record their songs in English.

their method of dancing is very tantalising... I found myself falling into some kind of trance...!

Good observation. Since Kpop derived it's influence from Jpop, they are now starting to penetrate the Japanese Market. You will notice that there are a few Korean artists that performs some of their songs in Japanese. If you are familiar with the artist Boa, she was a korean who rose to fame as the first Korean pop star to break into the Japanese market.

so it is quite similar. :)

perhaps it's due to the way Japan seems to have more worldwide influence. on the world scale, or at least from a western perspective, Korea is not very well known. but Japan is of course very popular amongst many people.

I don't know Boa. whenever i think of korean music, I think of 'genie for your love' or whatever it is called.

Here's another song that I like. Though there is no video, the song is quite nice. This is a Taiwanese song sang in English. It was used as a theme song for a TV station:

never really paid attention to it before.

it's pretty good.

I'm sure many people can relate to that, I can.

This is currently a popular song, a fad, that it's on the brink of annoying. But you have to admit, it's kinda catchy.

Gangnam Style:

You can't go wrong with 500 million views.

And here's the sexy dance for the song:

i probably should have posted that last month when i first heard it ^_^;

it's very catchy isn't it?

I learnt about it when some guy asked me to do a book cover design for a book he wrote about it.

then about a week later i started seeing it mentioned all over british television.

I was watching a video by qiranger and he was commenting on how PSY has achieved something all the kpop manufactured bands have been trying to do for ages. he said it really does say something for his dedication and experience.

some trivia for any one who wants to know. most tv pronounces it wrong of course.

the initial G is almost like a K. the ng is very soft with the g almost not being heard. the n after that flows from that. it's like the way many people would pronounce the first ng in singing.

(been learning korean recently)

question:

which of the following is true?

korean girl groups are infinitely better than japanese girl groups.

korean girl groups are durendal's favourite and thus why I've seen more of them.

japanese girl groups are just as graceful and beautiful as korean girl groups but the videos are harder to come by.

-------------------

edit:

just answered my own question by finding this video -

it appears to me....

japanese sexuality is repressed. I've read about this in various places and is part of the reason for their population decline and ageing population.

but koreans seem to be more in touch with sexuality and so the korean girls have far more appeal.

I think i'm falling in love with korea. [emote=monkey]z015[/emote]

I heard this song on TBS radio and got sort of addicted to it.

it really reminds me of akiba rangers.