Sign in to follow this  
Snaku

Kamen Rider W - future info

6iw6pw.jpg

e68zy9.jpg

6ct3.jpg

Confirmed info

-Shotaro and Phillip will be detectives. The series will begin with a number of episodes in which they investigate different crimes. These crimes lead them to the discovery of their enemy (sort of Kuuga/Agito-esque)

-They do work/live in the "Wind Capital" (the name of the city is not a sure thing yet, but it will be a fabricated city, perhaps set in a near-future type setting.)

-Their Police Captain will be played by Terada Nou, whose been in a lot of stuff, including a couple of Ultraman series as guest roles

Unconfirmed rumors

So according to new info, each side of W will be able to undergo form changes. This allows for the different colored sides to be swapped out with each other, and for W to mix and match the attributes that are best suited for the battle he's in. If I had to guess, the right side of the body controls the attack/power, while the left side control what weapon he uses:

On the right side of the body:

Cyclone (Green)

Heat (Red)

Luna (Yellow)

On the left side of the body:

Joker (Black)

Metal (Silver)

Trigger (Blue)

As stated before, W's base form will be Cyclone Joker (Green/Black). The other form changes will be named accordingly, right side name, then left.

Guest ChibiDeka

wow, pictures already. so the "similarity to kikaider" rumour was true, and also is the rumour about W being two people joined true as well?

hmm, in these first pics, his bike appears to be in Cyclone Joker mode, but W himself seems to be in Heat Trigger mode.

this is very unusual. I am very unaccustomed to this style. it almost seems like a different series. or it seems like this could be a spin off of the old kamen rider series'.

i think what is bugging me most about this is that he seems to have no character. he is faceless.

I don't know, I seem to notice that he has the usual bug-eyes. Also, I have heard mention of Kamen Rider Zwei, which I do not know if official or just fan made. But somewhat is similar to this with the concept of duality.

Never mind, I just found out.

Edited by durendal

Well I would prefer the name Zwei over W any day. But it looks like W is the registered name. Here's a quote I found earlier.

-W has an insect motif, most likely a grasshopper. He resembles Kikaider, in the sense that his right and left sides are differently colored. His right side is red, and his left side is green. Each side has a different character/personality.

-W is transformed from 2 people, who combine to form the rider. Their names are Shotarou and Phillip

-W's henshin device is a USB which is inserted into his belt to transform him. Has a gimmick known as the "Treasure Gaost" which allows him to change forms.

-Has the ability to change forms. These forms are activated by the "Joker Memories". USB keys that activate different forms. 3 of these forms are known as "Luna Joker", "Cyclone Joker" and "Heat Joker".

-Kamen Rider W Cyclone Joker is Black and Green in coloring.

-W transforms into Heat Joker in the Decade Movie.

-W has a both a motorcycle and a car.

-W aims to be the "Number 1 Rider" of the Second Half of Hesei Riders.

-Seems to have a relation to ShadowMoon. When Decade is cornered by him in the movie, W shows up to save him

-Keywords having to do with W are "Wind", "2 People" and "Clan"

-Broadcasting is rumored to start on 9/6/2009

-His enemies are much closer to the sentai variety- a group of villains that stay a constant from the beginning of the series

Well, I will also be adding some pictures I found including 2 behind the scenes looks at some of the props.

post-6-1245069247_thumb.jpg

post-6-1245069310_thumb.jpg

post-6-1245069327_thumb.jpg

post-6-1245069343_thumb.jpg

post-6-1245069489_thumb.jpg

post-6-1245069498_thumb.jpg

Guest ChibiDeka

and for those that don't know, the last two are just fan-art, based on the shadowed picture we first got, before the proper pictures were shown.

Guest ChibiDeka

jus like in the other thread man, ur whole video an some of ur pics, are fan art from before the official costume was revealed... as shown in the first post of this very thread.

does anybody get it yet?

what is a W? 2 v's. or tsuvei. zwei.

jus like in the other thread man, ur whole video an some of ur pics, are fan art from before the official costume was revealed... as shown in the first post of this very thread.

Ya know, I'm just posting what I find just like everyone else. And the vieo is just that, a video which is more of a montage of the pics put to a little music. If it's that annoying or bad to have it in there then just remove it then. I have no problem with staff members removing something I post if it supposed has no need to be there.

I don't even usually look up this stuff as you guys are the first ones to post all of the info.

it was a good vid, thanks for posting it dude.

do you thik this could be somehow related to v3 ? or something like that? becaue it is 2 v's.

Guest ChibiDeka

no offense was intended toku, i'm jus saying that now we have the official pictures of W, the ones you have posted of the fan-art that was made before the official ones surfaced are a bit redundant, thats all. it would be like me posting pictures of decade coloured green, that were made before we knew what decade looked like.

Well, to be honest, I don't even know which one is the official one. The Dual colored rider or the Rider mask with the girly eyelashes?

Guest ChibiDeka

well, i'm guessing the one we have live photo's of is the official one... seein as they have built the costume, etc.

That's good then. To be honest, those eye lashes on the fan made mask makes me think that that Kamen Rider is a girl. Which by the way, we haven't seen any Female Kamen rider. You know, someone like Bijinder.

Guest ChibiDeka

??? eh??? u got me confused there dude, did u mean we haven't seen any female kamen rider in decade, or in the franchise as a whole?

*sure he must be forgetting megumi and yuri as IXA last yr* lol :)

Nah, for the video it just had images put into a collaberation montage and I probably noticed 1 or 2 images we might not have seen. As for those fan-made images...I didn't know if they were or not and I actually like those more than the dual-color Rider anyway.

Yeah, you're right about Megumi and Yuri but don't forget about the other three female Riders. We had one in the Hibiki world arc in Decade, we had one in the Blade movie and then we had one in the Ryuki series.

I do think they should make a series some day with a main Rider or main secondary Rider as a female. It wouldn't be so bad.

Guest ChibiDeka

lol, don't worry dude, i wasn't forgetting, i was just going with a series i know durendal has seen. as i'm pretty sure kiva is the first and only full rider series he has seen.

but ye, there is also KR Femme from the Ryuki Movies, KR Larc from the Blade movie

(and next episode of Decade)

, KR Shuki from Hibiki, and KR Amaki from Hibiki World.

female users of male rider gear include Akai (Cactus Orphenoch), as KR Faiz, and of coures Yuri and Megumi as KR IXA, Save and Burst modes respectivly. oh and Natsumi as KR Den-O.

phew, hope i haven't missed any :)

Actually I wasn't talking about Female users. Even if there are female Kamen Riders, you will see that the Kamen riders are Masculine. I meant a Kamen Rider that is specifically feminine when henshined. Megumi and Yuri doesn't count since Ixa uses a male suit actor. If you googled Bijinder, you'd know what I'm talking about. In short, I haven't seen any boobies on a Kamen rider before.

Kamen Rider Femme from the Ryuki series is the only one close to that then as her suit is made more for her body yet her chest plate has no breast indents. This is most likely due to the fact that all the Riders of that series were based around medievil knight armor design and as such they usually had a rounded to semi-patterened chest piece.

i look at that image of W and i think that it could easily be a mock-up. a concept design done up for promo purposes.

I actually hope so because i do think it looks quite bland.

Guest ChibiDeka

actually, a female suit actress was used for when megumi and yuri were IXA. but i get wat ya mean