Sign in to follow this  
LordSpleach

Favorite Gundam

The GP03-D and the Noie Ziel seems to be somewhat over rated to me. There are a lot more powerful suits than these two. I guess they do have the coolness factor in them seeing they were being piloted by normal humans and still kick ass. I prefer the Deep Striker though than these two.

My Gundam of Choice is God Gundam and Z Gundam. I didn't like the ending of the new Z Gundam movie as it completely destroys the timeline of Gundam ZZ. Psycho Camille is way much better than Happy Camille.

My Ultimate Arch Rival is definitely Char Aznable. He was the most feared mobile suit pilot during his time dubbed the Red Comet (Gundam). He lead the resistance against a corrupt government and found support from the common people (Z Gundam). He had the charisma to rally the remaining forces of Zeon and pushed the federation into giving in to his demands (Char's Counterattack). Just imagine how many char wannabe's are all around the Gundam Franchise. The only vice he had was he was a pedophile thus dubbing him as the Ped Comet as well.

I'm gonna have to agree with Purgstall. If Shiro wasn't Aina's lover then he would have gotten wrecked. Norris didnt want to kill him because of that fact. Shiro wouldn't have gotten that swing in on the Gouf's face and probably have died right there because like you said Shiro was nothing special. Don't get me wrong Shiro was an awesome main character along with the rest of the 8th team and 08th MS Team is definitely one of my top 3 favorite Gundam series ever but Norris was a pro.

I love the last ep of Wing. The Epyon was a cool Gundam. I wish my action figure of it didn't die with time.

I have the plastic model of Epyon and it can transform. Not to mention all of the main gundams of every timeline. Even the ugly Turn A(way) gundam. Well, except for 00 since I didn't have any room to place any more models.

Priceless Durendal, I used to have this big book that talked about the technical schematics of almost every gundam and mobile suit. It was awesome

and his own commrades tried to kill him! No other gundam pilot had to deal with that, plus he wasn't anything special.

Um BK did you not see Gundam Wing or Endless Watlz? Heero tried to kill Quamptra, when he went all siko, when Quamptra tried to kill Troa, when he piloted the Wing Zero. In Endless Waltz Wufie tried to kill Heero, until Heero talked since into him.

So Shiro was not the only Gundam Pilot that was almost killed by his own comrade.

Um BK did you not see Gundam Wing or Endless Watlz? Heero tried to kill Quamptra, when he went all siko, when Quamptra tried to kill Troa, when he piloted the Wing Zero. In Endless Waltz Wufie tried to kill Heero, until Heero talked since into him.

So Shiro was not the only Gundam Pilot that was almost killed by his own comrade.

That may be so, but this is because they were influenced by the Zero System. In addition, when Wufei tried to Kill Heero, he was babbling on about personal Justice and what not. However in 08th MS Team, it was an order to have him killed.

I wish the epyon figure transformed

The Epyon gundam action figure they made around the time of the Seed gundam toys could transform. My friend has it, its pretty cool. I still prefer my almost complete G Gundam collection. And thats another series where allies tried to kill each other.

Ahem, technically, they were just beating the crap out of each other and not killing. G Gundam is my favorite Gundam Series.

Well my point is this, wheather or not they were TECHNICALLY given the order to kill each other or not, the characters still tried to kill each other in Gundam Wing several times. I could go on to say that Heero was told to stop the knew gundam (the second version of Winged Zero) and in a round about way, he was therefore ordered to kill the gundam and the pilot.

So as you can see just because they tried to kill each other but failed to do so, doesnt mean that they only wanted to beat each other up and then stop. They tried to kill each other but were unsuccesful. Here's an example of how I see what your saying (I could be confused by what your saying, and if Iam please tell me so) Vegeta from DBZ went to earth to get a wish. He tried to get Goku to join him and the others,but Goku refuses. Vegeta then TRIED to kill him, but was defeated. He was unsuccesful at killing Goku,he only beat him up, that doesnt mean that he wasnt trying to kill him. It means that he wanted to kill him, he tried to kill him, and he failed to kill him. And it seems like to me (again I could be wrong) that you are saying durendal that Vegeta didnt REALLY want to kill him, he just wanted to beat him up.

I am not trying to get anyone mad or upset. Iam just confused by some of your statements and am trying to understand what you are saying. If this is completely wrong please tell me so.

Well, I guess there is that. But then again, military affairs are kinda different. Part of a soldiers job is to kill, whether they like it or not. But I'm confused. I'm not sure what point we were trying to reach here.

I'm going to say Cheridum because it's armaments are the coolest.

cheridum is pretty sweet. I like it how the plates of armor flew around it as a shield and they were also a connon. I like wtf?! when I saw that and laughed. I thought the Arios was cooler though because my favorite character piloted it and I liked it how he would use the nose cone as a pike. Other then that I like it how it had gatling guns in its forearms.

I think Arios was the most boring of all the season 2 Gundams. It didn't have much screen time either.

Guest Mystica_Caticus

Personally I'm a Seed/Seed Destiny Fan. I'm even currently working of a lunamaria Hawke cosplay in the zaft uniform!

I love all things gundam though. I agree with the others to death scythe is one of my all time fav mobile suits! Anyone reed the Mobile Suit Gundam novels? they are good. I have the omnibus. Sorry my post is random gundamness. lol

Model wise I have wing zero, wing zero custom, heaveyarms, several from gundam 00, exia in trans-am mode my fav, and several from seed/ destiny.

Edited by Mystica_Caticus

I like the Gundam Epyon (I love the mobile armor mode) and Heavyarms from the Gundam Wing anime series.

oz-13ms-ma.jpg

The only Gundam I like from Endless Waltz would have to be the Heavyarms Custom, the rest of them looked kinda nah!

I have also got Hajime Katoki's redesigned Wing Gundam model kit, which looks so much cooler than Kunio Okawara original Wing Gundam design:

Hajime Katoki's design of the Wing Gundam

xxxg-01w.jpg

Kunio Okawara's original design of the Wing Gundam

xxxg-01w.jpg

As for the Gundam 00 anime, I would have to say I like the design of the Gundam Nadleeh.

Edited by IceGuyver

Katoki's also one of my favorite Gundam Designers. But one of the most flamboyant designers I've seen are the ones done by Yutaka Izubuchi and Mamoru Nagano from the Nu Gundam and the Hyaku Shiki respectively. Designs by Syd Mead are fail.

Katoki's also one of my favorite Gundam Designers. But one of the most flamboyant designers I've seen are the ones done by Yutaka Izubuchi and Mamoru Nagano from the Nu Gundam and the Hyaku Shiki respectively. Designs by Syd Mead are fail.

Yeah... It's just a shame that Victory Gundam was such a disappointment financially for Sunrise/Bandai... Despite the fact the V series is one of my favorite designs. The V-Hexa head design, and the V2 and it forms are just awesome. And Uso used his Gundam parts in interesting ways.

And yet, I think he was the only good part about Victory... The rest of the designs were just horrible...

I still think his best work to date, was the designing of the entire roster of "bad guys" MS from Gundam Wing. Seeing his original designs before they were adapted to the series really shows off how awesome they were supposed to look.

Anybody got at good Gundam pictures I can use for my forum's Banner Poll for Anime??? I only have these.

post-1135-1245279696_thumb.jpg

post-1135-1245279701_thumb.jpg

^ Any in particular that you want? I maybe able to provide some if you need any in particular. Just don't be asking for anything SEED related. I hate SEED with a passion.

How about their buddy Zero and some classic ones??? Will need the names so that my friends know who is who.

Edited by Bobby

How about their buddy Zero and some classic ones??? Will need the names so that my friends know who is who.

Are you talking just for SD Gundam Force? Or anything Gundam in general?