Sign in to follow this  
LordSpleach

Favorite Gundam

I haven't watch much of the different series as Gundam Wing and G Gundam are the only two series I've completed.

But I would have to say that my favorite Hero Gundam is between Heavy Arms, and Deathscythe Hell from Gundam Wing.

Though, my favorite Villian Gundam is definately the Devil(Dark) Gundam. From what I've watched the Devil Gundam is the most powerful Gundam second only to God(Burning) Gundam.

Mine is a tie between Gundam Ez8 from 08th MS team Ez8

and Gundam gp03 Dendrobium Staymengp03d I like gp03d is the better of the two because it was the federation's first mobile armor!

My favorite gundams from G and Wing are Deathscythe Hell Custom and Burning Gundam. Cause honestly who doesn't like bruning finger with the left hand?

Villain wise I would have to go with Master Gundam or Grand Master Gundam.

I've seen a fair share of Gundam from all the major UC titles up to the current AD timeline, but my favorite is still hands down G Gundam. I really don't want to sound like an elitist, but I really hate what Cartoon Network did to the series. What's so bad about Spiegel that they have to change it into Shadow?

Storywise, the UC are very good. But the problem with them is they are just too depressing. My favorite UC timeline would be during Char's Counterattack. I wish they would animate Crossbone Gundam.

If I had to say a series, it would definitely be G Gundam. Despite the basic tournament plot line, the whole Devil Gundam plot line behind it just added so much depth, and allowed the characters to really shine.

But IF I had to choose a single Gundam unit... I dunno if I could. I have my favorites from certain categories though...

UC Gundam - RX-78GP03 Stamen - It's basic, but has the awesome wing binders on it's hips. I hate when games include the full Dendrobium, and not the Stamen separately.

AU Gundam - GATX-105 Strike Gundam - Mostly the Aile pack... but I do have a fondness for the Sword and Launcher packs. Again, it's basic... but sleak, and looks great with it's equipment.( plus my favorite pilot of all time gets to pilot it... Go Mwu!)

Manga series - RX-79BD01 Blue Destiny - Just because it has been a favorite of mine for ages. =P

----------------------------------------------

See, the problem with UC Gundam, is that not all of it's parts are equal. Certain shows within the time line do more harm than good for the franchise ( ZZ, and in my opinion V). But some of it, is VERY good, and shouldn't be missed by anybody (0080). However, it seems with UC Gundam, the really good series no one ever really hates, and the bad series seems to be all one sided too. It's that aspect that makes UC great IMO... People can agree about it.

Sadly, the AU's seem to be hit and miss. Some love G Gundam, while others hate it. Same goes for Wing, Turn A, Seed, Seed Destiny and 00 ( oddly, I don't think enough people have seen X to really take sides on it).

Well Matt, I think you and I can agree that X was a great series. True it had it's upa and downs in the whole series but it was still great as it allowed for a good amount of character development and depth at how the first Newtype ever came to be. I truely loved this series and am shocked that it's one fo the only few series not to have been dubbed. I think it'd do great.

Now, as for favorite series, definitely X, G, Wing & 00.

For favorite Gundams I have not true favorite as i like them all but the Double X & Burning Gundams are close to it followed with the 00 Gundam coming in 3rd and Wing Zero in 4th and, believe it or not, the RX 78-2 from the very first series comes in 5th with me.

Storywise, the UC are very good. But the problem with them is they are just too depressing. My favorite UC timeline would be during Char's Counterattack. I wish they would animate Crossbone Gundam.

I'd have to agree with you alot of them turn out to be depressing but I think that's what makes them so good and interesting. War isn't suppose to be this awesome happy invention. I too wish they would animate Crossbone Gundam because that thing is so badass.

I did watch the first 5 or so eps of X and I liked it enough to want to watch it some more, but yea most of the AU timelines suck. I personally hate both Seed series. I think its dominantly the people that watch them that bug me. So many Seed fans swear up and down this is the best Gundam series when it really isnt and most of the time they haven't watched any other Gundam series besides both Seeds. That kind of close-mindedness bugs me when it comes to anime fans in general, but enough ranting...

What kind of mech would you take if you couldn't have a Gundam? I personally would take the Gouf Custom aka Norris' Gouf (08th MS Team) and Norris is arguably one of the best mech pilots in the Gundam franchise.

I do seem to notice that more recent fans of the Gundam Franchise started watching from AU. I remember the first time that Wing was brought to the US. Most fanboys kept saying that Wing was the best and badmouths other older series (UC specifically). At least some of the fans nowadays are more educated in the Gundam Franchise.

Getting back on topic, My top Gundams would be God Gundam and Z Gundam. When I play SRW or GGeneration games, these two units are the ones I mostly use (hence upgraded the most). I wasn't that impressed with X. They didn't really explain the Category L4 ability of the Frost brothers.

Also, if you can notice, AU Gundams tend to be more uber powered in their timeline compared to their UC counterparts. This trend seems to be going away in more recent series which is good.

Now to answer Archangel Ashes question about choosing non-gundam unit, I would either choose the Sazabi or Queen Mantha. You really can't go wrong with Fanels.

well i really like Heero and his Wing Zero. :)

Zechs is a Awesome Villian too.

Well my favorite overall mobile suit is Char's Hyaku-Shiki in Zeta Gundam. But if we're exclusively talking about Gundams, then my favorite Gundam is the GP02A Phyalsis from 0083

Guest AlphaO

My favorite Gundams over all are Wing Zero (endless waltz), 00-Raiser (gundam 00), Talgeese (gundam wing even though it wasn't an actual gundam), Altron Gundam (Wufei's gundam after the upgrade in Gundam Wing) and Strike Gundam

UUHHH! I like too many of the Gundams! Ok This is how I like the hero gundams

1.) All of Wufei's gundams hands down.

2.) Heavy Arms

3.) Deathsythes

4.) All of Heero's Gundams

For bad Gundams

1.) All versions of the Talgeese

2.) I cant remember the name of this Gundam, but I think it transformed into a dragon and in its Gundam form it used its tail as a whip. Zech's piloted it.

As you can see, all of these gundams are from Gundam Wing. Thats becuz thats the only one I really liked.

2.) I cant remember the name of this Gundam, but I think it transformed into a dragon and in its Gundam form it used its tail as a whip. Zech's piloted it.

Epyon!

You mean the Epyon?

Wing isn't really one of my favorites, but I did enjoy it when it first came out. Then when it was released into the west, I stopped liking it because everyone was so "Wing is the strongest gundam ever" sorta line, and would refuse to even consider any other gundam, or had no prior knowledge to previous gundam. Ah, those were the days when gundam noobs are so stubborn.

0083 was such a good series! One has to appreciate the U.C. time line there. GP03 was one of the best gundams and the coolest mobile armor on top of that. GP02A was really bad ass. I love the Wing Zero custom because it looks like an angel. I don't really like Seed but I thought Blitz Gundam was cool and so was Buster.

Who's you're favorite Gundam and mobile suit/armor pilot?

gundam wise I'm gonna have to side with Domon but mobile suit wise its Norris from 08th MS team. No one can beat Norris.

Yes the Gouf Custom! Although I do believe Shiro and his Ez8 beat Norris.

My favorite gundam pilot was Shiro Amada, he went through so much out of love and his own commrades tried to kill him! No other gundam pilot had to deal with that, plus he wasn't anything special. He wasn't a newtype or a super special killing machine, he was just a normal soldier. The best was when he kill Guinies and got half of his suit blown to pieces by the Apsolus's mega-particle cannon.

Like I said my favorite gundam was the Gundam GPO3

Yes the Gouf Custom! Although I do believe Shiro and his Ez8 beat Norris.

My favorite gundam pilot was Shiro Amada, he went through so much out of love and his own commrades tried to kill him! No other gundam pilot had to deal with that, plus he wasn't anything special. He wasn't a newtype or a super special killing machine, he was just a normal soldier. The best was when he kill Guinies and got half of his suit blown to pieces by the Apsolus's mega-particle cannon.

Like I said my favorite gundam was the Gundam GPO3

Shiro only won because Norris found out that Shiro was the Feddy soldier that Aina was in love with. He didn't want to kill him so he decided to take out the last Guntank at the cost of his life. If Shiro wasn't Aina's lover, then Norris probably would've kicked his ass.