Sign in to follow this  
Mirabilis

Mirabilis's life

Its the fact of the unwritten contract in all achools between student and administration. Basically since you're their responsibility, they have first say as to what happens to you. Since you are agreeing to be there you have to follow their rules, written or not. Its how they run things, but the fact that you argued like you did ensue that the administration wouldn't have your back. But if it makes you feel any better I'm going to have to retake my writing course next semester. Here's the low-down:

The course works like this: the course is a pass or fail course, no grades. We are asked to write 4 essays over the course of 3 months and select three of them to make up our Final Portfolio. The Final Portfolio is submitted on a later date and is looked over by two separate instructors that are not my professor. The two instructors look over the portfolio and decide if you deserve to progress further into the next writing course. A couple of classes ago we passed around a sheet with dates and times on it. I signed up for Tuesday the 16th at 1:15pm for my final portfolio conferance. I had thought that this was the date we hand it in. Well here's my problem: I was sick for the 12/9/08 class and when I went to class on 12/11/08 there was no one in the classroom. I waited for about 5-10 minutes and then went back to working on my final projects. I was begining to worry about how to hand in the Portfolio seeing how I assumed I missed the lecture. I figured that I'd ask my professor about it, via e-mail. See tells me today that its too late and we had to hand it in during the 12/9 class. There was a 99% chance that I would still fail should I hand it in today, but my portfolio was only about 90% done and I had one more little paper to write. Now she claims she had told us all semester long when the due date was and to look on the syllabus for confirmation. Well my syllabus says submission was yesterday, not tuesday! So that means you changed the date without telling all of your students. And now I wonder, what the hell did I sign up for then? If I was supposed to hand this portfolio in before the date I signed up for then what was the point of signing up? So I'm following my mom's advice and seeing if my advisor can help me submit it on Monday because I'd rather not retake this course. It was really annoying and if I do end up taking it over, I;m going to try and get the same teacher and come to class everyday no matter how sick I may. Everyday I'll go to class and every class I'll ask, "When are we supposed to submit the final portfolio?" Anytime she asks, "Are there any questions?" I'll answer, "When are we supposed to submit the final portfolio?" I'll just submit this portfolio and be done with it.

So what do you guys think? Just, unjust?

Well, I would probably ask her now and then, but not everyday. I mean the teacher could think your trying to annoy them. Maybe once a week, or once evry two weeks to be up to date. And write down what they said every time they said it, on the day they said it.

Well, today, I went over to my bro's apartment, and I also helped moved a refigerator. But mainly, he showed me alot of funny videos, just like the ones we watched last night. I'll post some of them, but not all of them...well not unless I find out if those ones are ok to put up. They have some sexual reference, and one of them, degrades people who are gay. That one is the spider-man MTV movie award, when Jack Black is making a costume, and says its not gay enough. I didnt want to put that one up, because I didnt know if that would hurt someones feelings.

The other one I want to make sure if its ok, or not ok to post, is the Lord of the Rings, MTV movie award, because Jack Black pulls his pants down and you see his bottom, but no front view.

And in the future if I find anymore videos and if they're ok to post, i'll post them here in my blog, instead of posting them in the "general whatever" forum, like I did with the starwars guy. These are the videos he showed me, I think its funny how the guys made them mouth the words. lol :biggrin:

I wasnt gonna post this song, but then I got high. lol :biggrin:

An elf hater did this one. lol

We will rock you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXRl89aJUi8

Manamanah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zyam549BS4

American Godzilla 1998 MTV Awards. Banana King strikes another victory! You taught your soldiers well. :biggrin:

Serah Silerman MTV Awards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wEUVB4sSAw

...Well, I finally did it. i finally posted the Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenoceros from Flight of the Conchords. lol.

Heres another Flight of the Conchords song. :biggrin: Its got all forms of music in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWf3iJjqYCM

I know theres more vids, but i'll post them when I find them, or find anymore. :biggrin:

Edited by Mirabilis

My brother also showed me this in the 7th grade. Some of you probably already have seen it.

Longer Version

Shorter Version

There are two other videos done by the same person. And there is a whole website dedicated to mk videos and stuff. Here it is.

http://tabmok99.mortalkombatonline.com/mkanimations.html

there alot of funny, and cool stuff on this site. They got sonic vs mario type stuff, and alot of other interesting things. The person that did this video and the other two was Proxicide. It is in much better quality if you watch it there.

I'll also post the other two vids as well. This is actually what interested me in doing Computer manipulation. I've written my own story, using characters from: Killer Instinct, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, and Starwars. I'll share it with you in the fan section if you want me to.

Also check out these two vid done by ,Cajunspirit Cajun's Domain its not as good, but I like Ryu vs Jago. Its got some sexual reference in it too. :sad: Its on the MK page, and its the SNES tournament. Its also was like icing on the cake for my interest in manipulation with computers and such.

Edited by Mirabilis

Here are the other two videos done by Proxicide.

Full Version

I couldnt find the other one, that had the full video, I would have to post different seens from the full version to get the whole vid here. You can see it at

http://tabmok99.mortalkombatonline.com/mkanimations.html

its under Proxicide and is Mk vs Sf 3.

I like Mk vs Sf 2 the best, and as I said before, its what got me inerested in computer graphics. I want to do that with my own story I have made, and i think if it was done right it would be very cool. :smile:

Edited by Mirabilis

Well today, I did a paper on Depression, for my english teacher. We had to find a topic to write about and find ways how to fix it. My brother and his friend were playing Warhammer Online, and me and some friends played some Super Smash Bros Brawl. I havent worked on my consequence though for my one teacher, that wants me to write 1000 times "I will stop when I am told to stop" :rolleyes: better get on that lol.

i think it's wrong that they want to hypnotise you into submission.

wow, you did a paper on depression? it's so difficult to write on suich a complex subject. I hope you get a good grade :D

if you need to add more to it, feel free to mesage me for any input. I have a lot of knowledge about this kind of psychology, I have studied a LOT!

I always wanted to study depression but never got around to it. I suppose I could take a course some psychology semester. Is it a hard subject?

YES! I just finished my 1000 sentences in class :mrgreen: lol. I am actually in class right now, hehe. I was going to write this 1000 times "I will not stop when I am told to stop." but I didnt. hehe. I actually stayed up till 3:33 in the morning last night doing them. And I only got to like 668 :sad: Oh well, it was my fault for not doing them sooner. Anyways, just wanted to check on somethings, and see how everyone is. Well, I better go, its almost lunch time hehe. peace. :cool:

You should have wrote it once on the computer, and just copy and pasted it 1000 times! Your teacher never said you couldn't use the computer

or how about this.

stop.

now i've told you to stop writing them.

what can you say?

• Like 1

Haha thats funny Ryuki :biggrin: . But I cant do that Bk, or I would get more sentences unfortunately. So today, to be honest I felt like crap. I felt terrible, and worse then a pile of poop. But, now I am starting to feel better. And nothing really major happened, really.

Uhg, sorry everyone for my absence, i had a family member come visit for christmas and so you know how the rest goes. But what has all happened in my life well, basically i spent alot of time with my brother who came to see me, I should him some of the bands I like including "UnderOath, and "Bring Me the Horizon". I also showed him "Bullet for My Valetine" who I also love. I am a little upset because Bring me the Horizon is coming here two weeks after I move, :sad::mad: I WANT TO BE IN A MOSHPIT FOR BRING ME THE HORIZON!!! Anyways, we jammed on Rockband 2, and I killed them as Illidian in the WOW trading card game. Today we saw the "Tale of Despero" it was pretty good, it reminded me of the "RedWall" book series. Also some of my friends stayed the night last friday, we were all jamming to our favorite Hardcore music and played Rockband 2. We then told each other scary stories and watched "The Legend of Boggy Creek" That movie scared the crap out of me when I was little lol. What else happened...OH! I got my Dark Elf Black Gaurd to level 9 on Warhammer Online and just started playing yesterday or the day before cant really remember, but that game is completely awesome. I love Mythic. But what else...oh yeah, i showed my brother my outline for my 4 book series that I want to try to get published. But before I do get it published, I want to get permission from Konami to do so, because I borrowed some stuff from Castlvania and added it into my book series.

I think that pretty much sums up all the highlights sense i've been gone, if i remember anything else I'll post it, merry christmas and i'll see yall around the site. :biggrin:

what bits did you borrow from konami?

if you can adapt it, you won't need permission.

Well I borrowed the whole Alucard thing, and some of the monsters like the giant skeleton in the N64 version. But anyways what happened today well it was very awesome. We ate dinner for christmas then opened our gifts. This is what I got:

1.)2 DragonForce Cds

2.)2 DemonHunter Cds and one of them is a special edition

3.)2 Bullet For My Valetine Cds (Both of thier Cds)

4.)A Agust Burns Red Cd as well

5.)Guitar Hero world tour (looking forward to creating my own songs that I already wrote into the game)

6.)Some boxer...hehe

7.)Some shirts

8.)$50 to get a bullet for my valetine hoodie from Hot Topic

and I think that is all. But all I've been doing last night and all day today, was watching the zoids series on youtube. I love Zoids New Century, i remember when that came on tv, my favorite zoid was the Berserk Fury, I mean that was the zoid that was closest to my personality anyways back then. My closest friends favorite was the Death Suarer. I also liked the Liger Zero and the Shadow Fox too though. Does anyone know if you can buye that series on DVD or anything? I havent found it anywhere and I figured that you would be able to.

Anyways, Merry Christmas for those who celbrate it, and Happy Honica ( I tried to spell:biggrin:) and Happy Holidays! I will post how my B-day went when it happens tomorrow. Looking forward to being 18...but at the same time I am not ready to be 18, hell I am not ready to be 16. But we'll see what happens, take care all!

well the concept of alucard is not owned by konami. neither is the concept of a giant skeleton.

just look at other examples of dhampyr and other versions of alucard. I mean, there was an alucard in bram stokers dracula, it's just that alucard was draculas disguise in this case.

alucard is dracula spelled backwards

Yes I know, but I ment I am using the idea that Alucard is the son of Dracula and is trying to kill him because he doesnt like what his father does, and he changed his name to Alucard to show that he represents the exact opposite of what his father does. Kind of like an anti-Dracula. I am already finished with my webs, and can post them if you guys want to read it. I am always looking for good and effective feedback. My family is very interested in my stories that I write :smile: