Sign in to follow this  
Mirabilis

Mirabilis's life

Well, what can I say? So much has happened in my life. I guess I'll start with what happened today.

Well I was scanning the forum and I came across King GHEDORAH and remembered all the times I watched Godzilla, and played it on the Wii. My favorite monster was always Titanosaurus (other than Godzilla of course).

Other then that I was playing wario wear on the Wii with my friend, who tried to pick someones noise on the game but failed. lol

Yesterday I tried to impress a girl (at this point in my life i am going with the lone wolf thing seeing how my relationships always end with me getting the worst part) but my friend and her I think ended up likeing each other lol.

p.s. still lestining to DJ Sammy's Heaven lol

Edited by Mirabilis

Well right now I am at school, and I wanted to see what was going on at the site :mrgreen: . Basically today so far I was given a bunch more assignments in DDT(which iam failing :Icecream: ). Its really hard to keep up with all the projects that we are given in that class. I am caught in a pickel because I want to take that class because I'll need the exp for my career; but if I continue in the class i'll either fail that class or ill have to fail all my other classes to keep up with it. :confused: Its that bad.

Well I'd better go, the teacher is looking at me :rolleyes: lol. I'll cya later :Runnykine:

well hte most important thing when going into any art and design career is showing that you can do it. grades are not too important.

I failed art in school.

Really? My teacher is like if you cant keep up with me you'll never be able to keep up in college. I hope college isnt like this class or it'll be a big waste of money :cry: I mean all we do in his class is take notes, and are given a new project that most of the time you can only do in his class. I have so many I lost count lol. Lets see...um...

1.) My paper on Joel Sartore is do tomorrow.

2.) My T-shirt that i have to make.

3.) My notepad

4.) Magazine project

5.) Scan Project

6.) Water Project with pictures

7.) I dont remember anymore but I kow theres like atleast 13 more lol.

Other then that lets see what happened today? Oh! I got a detention for being late to school lol. Um We started reading Of Mice and Men in english. "Finally!" Other then that I dont think much happened except that I had Flaming hot Cheetohs for lunch lol. :Runnykine:

the thing is, as you go further in education, you get talked at a lot less.

in my final year of university, I had ZERO lectures.

I was left to get on with whatever i decided to do. I had to find resources to learn what i wanted all by myself.

I could get support from tutors if i could hunt them down, but the responsibility was solely on me.

the thing is, as you go further in education, you get talked at a lot less.

in my final year of university, I had ZERO lectures.

I was left to get on with whatever i decided to do. I had to find resources to learn what i wanted all by myself.

I could get support from tutors if i could hunt them down, but the responsibility was solely on me.

Harsh :cry: But i understand the mind set behind the reasoning. I bet it was very troublesome doing it on your own without lectures wasnt it?

not really, I was learning on my own even before i started going.

a lot of the lectures were boring and showed stuff i was already very familiar with.

the most important thing for me was having pressure on me and being able to structure my work.

that way i knew i could produce something substantial because if i didn't i would fail.

I found that it gave me a good work ethic.

so you are in school, is that high school?

Yeah atm I am attending high school in OH state, but soon i'll be moving down to Texas and will have to start over with new friends and classes and stuff. I am acctually in school right now lol.

Well if you're going to pursue any type of art in college, its no picnic. I'm an art major at Rowan University and the classes are just too much work! I get about 7 18" x 24" drawings a week, and that's my drawing 1 class. I'm taking studio classes which are about 2 1/2 hrs each and require hours of your own time outside of class to complete the assignments. My 3D class requires a minimum of 6hrs outside of class to complete our sculptures, on top of the two-three weeks in class sessions we already get. My digital media class has me making a music video, which I'm currently editing/filming. And my painting class has us do tons of little studies and what-not about color theory. Its rough, and each semester, it gets rougher. When January rolls around I have to take figure drawing at 8 in the morning. Nothing like drawing fat naked people at 8 in the morning to start your day! The good thing is, the teachers don't baby you and they don't get on your ass about how your progress is. Either you're doing the work or you're not, either way they really don't care. What's bad is when you don't care and they don't care,because if you have that mentality, then you'll surely fail.

woah, BK!!!

sounds like maybe your schools are vastly different from ours?

the thing is, our schools focus on creativity rather than skills. I do know that in other coutries it is different such as I know in china, most schools focus on skills.

perhaps the usa is also that way?

although.. saying that, we do not get any exchange students from america. mostly from india, china, france, spain.... and i think a few more.

but i never met an american student.

woah, BK!!!

sounds like maybe your schools are vastly different from ours?

the thing is, our schools focus on creativity rather than skills. I do know that in other coutries it is different such as I know in china, most schools focus on skills.

perhaps the usa is also that way?

although.. saying that, we do not get any exchange students from america. mostly from india, china, france, spain.... and i think a few more.

but i never met an american student.

i thought you lived in the U.S.? By yeah that souns just like me teacher. He likes the quaility more then your skill. He says if you can make it this good then he knows you know how to do it. But that sounds kind of extreme BK. I mean I thought that my class had it bad...I would probably lose my mind if my school was like that. You must be very brave BK. The problem is that I dont have alot of time on my hands at this time in my life, otherwise it wouldnt be as much of a struggle. But as soon as I get into Texas i'll be able to buckle down and take it step by step the way i want to.

Mirabilis: Well I'm a king that's been in at least 18 intergalactic wars over the past three months so I'd say I'm brave! (Sorry, I just had to make one of my BananaResponses) But thanks, I try, you really got to buckle down on yourself to get it all done. I've had to make some cutbacks on my social life for the final projects that are coming up. I've had to stop going to Anime Club, unplug my TV and computer (not right now at least) to get it all done. The **tch right now is the music video. It took me most of the work time to get a camcorder and I have to complete it by friday, and I just lost a day of editing! I need at least a C- in the class to stay in the art program and I'd rather not like to be my brother who has had to take the same class for the third time now!

Ryuki/ Mirabilis: I think america is threatened by the rest of the world and wants to be the best at everything. We'd rather have a man that can beat you in 3 seconds rather than beat you in an extremely cool and creative fashion. I think that's why all of our tv shows are the same. Our schools focus on creativity, its just they want to prepare us for the unforgiving work load of the real world. My brother's school has a different approach. For two years he learns scholastically. Then for the next three years he starts a co-op with a company, making money and working in an internship for half the year at a time. The cool thing is, he gets hands on experiance and scholastic experiance at the same time, plus he'll have his loans paid off before he graduates; where I'll be stuck with them the second I graduate. One of my best friends is still in high school and everytime he complains about school work I always tell him, "I'd rather do your work then mine, you guys have it easy." The thing I don't like about my classes is, some classes limit creativity while others are like this: the people who make the really cool and creative ideas spend a lot of time and money on their projects and I never have either so I have to make cutbacks on a lot of my projects and they come out looking rather awful.

Btw Ryuki, were you surprised I posted in the blog or about my work load. Your reaction is driving me crazy right now

I see, well you know I am rutting for you! I do hope that your project goes well. And I understand what you mean about how our shows are different...and your intergalatic wars lol. Well, atleast i've got something to look forward to. :cry:

Now about today...lets see, completed my essay on Joel Sartore and turned it in. I signed in today in school and lost connection lol. I served my detetion. Took a test in ROTC. Read another ch in "OF Mice and Men"...and almost got in a fight, because some guy decided that he liked to be in my personal bubble, and I asked to give me some room lol.

Are you saying you want me to lose? Join the club, I think half of the forum wants to see me dethroned :lol:

You get detention for not being on the school network? That sucks! I only got detention once and I can't remember what for. I got to say, I hated high school. I was one of the big losers in high school and now that I'm in college, things are better. I may not be the most popular guy on campus, but people don't see me as "that weird quiet kid" anymore. Actually, I think people think of me as a leader, its quite amazing. I mean, I lead my friends when we go to Philly on the weekends but I never see myself as the leader of a large group. Although, if there ever was a zombie war, I think I'd be able to lead a group to safety.

I know its dorky, but I came up with quite the clever escape route, the only thing is it would not only take a lot of time, but complete and total cooperation. I'd secure my group with food and weapons and meet my parents at my grandmother's house in Southern NY. My parents, grandmother, and I would then coordinate how we'd get to my brother who lives in upstate NY. Once we meet up with my brother, we'd secure some kind of shelter or join a shelter in upper canada. Zombies cannot survive the cold and would die before they reach us. We'd wait for the all clear and when the war is over we'd return home and rebuild.

Dorky I know, but we should all have a basic survival plan in case of emergency, no matter how retarded.

Are you saying you want me to lose? Join the club, I think half of the forum wants to see me dethroned :lol:

You get detention for not being on the school network? That sucks! I only got detention once and I can't remember what for. I got to say, I hated high school. I was one of the big losers in high school and now that I'm in college, things are better. I may not be the most popular guy on campus, but people don't see me as "that weird quiet kid" anymore. Actually, I think people think of me as a leader, its quite amazing. I mean, I lead my friends when we go to Philly on the weekends but I never see myself as the leader of a large group. Although, if there ever was a zombie war, I think I'd be able to lead a group to safety.

I know its dorky, but I came up with quite the clever escape route, the only thing is it would not only take a lot of time, but complete and total cooperation. I'd secure my group with food and weapons and meet my parents at my grandmother's house in Southern NY. My parents, grandmother, and I would then coordinate how we'd get to my brother who lives in upstate NY. Once we meet up with my brother, we'd secure some kind of shelter or join a shelter in upper canada. Zombies cannot survive the cold and would die before they reach us. We'd wait for the all clear and when the war is over we'd return home and rebuild.

Dorky I know, but we should all have a basic survival plan in case of emergency, no matter how retarded.

No no your Zombie survival trail isnt retarded, me and my brother...and his friends made up our own survival plan when Z-day comes. lol. I didnt get a detetion for not being in the school network, i ment i signed in this forum today in school lol. I got a detetion for being tardy to school. And i know what you mean about the silent type of person, I know it doesnt seem like it but thats actually just like me. I really only talk to my family, friends, and on this forum, because you all have basically the same interest as me, :biggrin: and its always great to meet guyver buddy's :mrgreen: Everyone I talk to here has no clue as to what guyver is...even though it was the best selling anime of 2007! :sigh:

And when I was reading about your Z-day plan I was listening to "Stand By Me" lol.

Well my real plan is a lot more detailed, but I wouldn't worry about meeting real guyver fans though. I've met two since I went to school, but one of them isn't familiar with the current story. But you manage. It was hard for me in high school, you know when you're not social it doesn't do well for you. I'd suggest just talking randomly to people in college, its awkward at first but if you're as afraid to talk to people as I am, its the only way to "break the silence." The thing I liked about high school was it changed me and showed how wrong I was about which direction my life was going.

Well, for me its not really about being shy, its more of like I dont know you why are you talking to me? type of thing. And its really involved but I am sort of choosing to only interact with people I know and secluding myself from "The Crowd". Its a very long story as to how it got up to that point, and i dont really feel like ranting on about it. But you get the idea. Alot of things happened, not so much talkative except to a handful of people, and everyone on this board. :mrgreen:

Well I'm just waiting for the awkward silence when we're all thrown into a room together. I think it'll be great to see all of us together and we all leave and go to our computers and start talking

Lol i can see that. And then the chat would probably be about what happened in the room lol. Lestining to "Numa Numa" atm. :rolleyes:

Lol.

Just read about your new post about your past...I left my own post there too. Like it says i did too go through something similar like that. But you know, you just got to keep moving on and forget about people like them. All they'll do is just slow you down and try to prolong your unpreventible achievment. Lestining to "Stand By Me" :smile:

Well allow me to indulge into a fun little problem I have. I spend money like there's no tomorrow. I am so bad with money, when I go gambling my brother or friends have to stop me before I even start. I lose money so easily and I could spend any amount of money extremely quickly. So my studio course are proving to be very expensive. I'd say cumulitivly they cost me about $300+! And they don;t send out a materials list over the summer so I had so spend $200 to get the supplies. Then for certain assignments, I would need certain tools or certain paper so that adds up to around another $100. Its come to the point where I have little to no money for myself, so I decided that I won't spend any money until the new year. I've literally taped my debit card to my wall and I never have more than $5 cash on me. Wanna bet on how long I'll hold out?

BK,

my reaction was surprise at what your workload and all that stuff. :cool:

mirabilis. I am a welsh man. :wink:

dw i'n hoffi cymru.

...No thanks BK lol.

Now today, I went to the OH Caverns for a field trip and went between 67-97 ft underground. That was the third time I've been to a cave/cavern. I ate Teriyaki chicken and Noodles at the mall and looked at some things at Hot Topic. I saw a really cool "Bullet for My Valentine" hoodie.

Hey does anyone know if I write about Dracula and try to publish it, that it will be plaserism? I mean, I am a writer, and I am in the process of working on my own story that involves Dracula, but before I even try to publish it, i want to know if I can without being sued. I mean, I think it is public owned with all the stuff you see him in.

For ex: Blade 3, Van Helsing, Castlevania the video game series and the upcoming film(whenever they get around to doing it). So do I need to get permission from the Bram Stoker's family? Or can I go ahead and write about him?

Lestining to Nightwish "Higher Than Hope"

Edited by Mirabilis