Sign in to follow this  
Kenji Murakami

Kenji's Random thoughts

It's been fifteen years since we picked Sammy up from the animal shelter. She's a long-haired tabby, and she's always been fairly small, but now she's basically just fur and bones. I'm going to miss her when she's gone, we all are, but it's the uncertainty that's really getting to me. I really wish I could do more for her, sometimes.

Also, am I the only one who finds it weird, going from 79 pages to just 59? I know it's probably just from display reshuffling, but it's kind of weird to me.

18 minutes ago, Kenji Murakami said:

The heck just happened to the forum? This new look is not a good one.

There are currently two looks.

the old version 3 of the board is gone as it was very dated and as I found out insecure. We're not on the latest version 4 of the messageboard but it means that the old theme no longer works. You can switch between the current ones using "theme" at the bottom of the page between the default and the red.

I haven't tested it out yet but the new version comes with a chat feature and some other new tools At the moment though the important thing is that it locked down parts of the forum the old version did not.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2016 at 4:37 AM, Sully said:

There are currently two looks.

the old version 3 of the board is gone as it was very dated and as I found out insecure. We're not on the latest version 4 of the messageboard but it means that the old theme no longer works. You can switch between the current ones using "theme" at the bottom of the page between the default and the red.

I haven't tested it out yet but the new version comes with a chat feature and some other new tools At the moment though the important thing is that it locked down parts of the forum the old version did not.

Interesting note about the security features; still, the aesthetics aren't very appealing, personally.

3 hours ago, Kenji Murakami said:

Blues looks a bit better, but... I don't know, maybe I'm just more used to the SpaceBattles-style layout, at this point.

Much like myself, you've to get used to it. 

I'm not totally settled yet on a theme but it's of less importance at the mo than getting the scanlation section fully up and running. 

One thing to bare in mind though, this wasn't a minor upgrade of the forum. We didn't go from 3.5.4 to 3.5.5. We went to version 4.1 so it is a totally new version of messageboard. It converted many things that it no longer supported to a new format, so there are many things we won't get back look wise or will simply look different going forward. 

• Like 1

Well, I have an Etsy shop no one buys anything from, and a Patreon page with no Patrons. I don't know what else I can do to promote them, though; Pinterest didn't help, and I couldn't manage to find anywhere to advertise on Reddit.

I suppose I just wasn't meant to run a home business.

Well, I'm back from my three-month hiatus - in retrospect, it seemed a bit longer - and wow does the forum look weird. Maybe I've just been hanging around Spacebattles too much, but this new look is really minimalist.

I'm going to be moving soon - our land lord's a jerk, and wants to move back into our house during the hottest freaking months of the year, in flipping California - and I've nearly got my room packed up. All except for my bed and the furniture, of course. I don't know when we're going to pack up the computers, but I'll let you guys know before it happens.