Sign in to follow this  
Kenji Murakami

Kenji's Random thoughts

this weather is really cool in my area. but I guess in your area it could sometimes be scary because the fierce weather can be life threatening in your area.

Redwood City's on the peninsula, so we're surrounded on three sides by water. Which freaks me out sometimes, but most days I can live with it.

Where do you live? I'm afraid it's slipped my mind. :redface:

picture me with a sheep and you should remember more easily :mrgreen:

I live in north wales.

it's all relative. since the island i live on is nowhere near the size of the island you are on, I don't consider myself close to the sea really. :P

we're about 20 miles from the coast here.

90 metres above sea level.

picture me with a sheep and you should remember more easily :mrgreen:

I live in north wales.

Thats really cool Ryuki, I am Irish. :biggrin: Well,mostly Irish I got everything in me, or close to that lol. I am like 76% irish, !% everything else or something like that. Anyways, my family has our history, cresent, and banner. My ancestors were knights, and landlords, and when England was taking it over, they were there fighting them. I want to go back to my homeland, see the land my ancestors loved so much that they gave their lives for it...It must be beautiful.

move down here kenji. right now my area is one of the top 5 warmest areas, an i still cold!

move down here kenji. right now my area is one of the top 5 warmest areas, an i still cold!

Thats really cool Ryuki, I am Irish. :biggrin: Well,mostly Irish I got everything in me, or close to that lol. I am like 76% irish, !% everything else or something like that. Anyways, my family has our history, cresent, and banner. My ancestors were knights, and landlords, and when England was taking it over, they were there fighting them. I want to go back to my homeland, see the land my ancestors loved so much that they gave their lives for it...It must be beautiful.

ireland will be much the same as wales i expect.

it is beautiful but can be very gloomy. there is constant humidity you see, even on a sunny day with clear skies, if you went up in a plane, you would actually see a lot of cloud cover.

kenji, i am shocked that your feet could be so cold!

actualy at this tikme, my feet are not cold. but then.. we have central heating. I guess in your climate, they may not put heaters in the houses?

in the same way, we do not have cooller fans or stuf like that.?

have you got a hot water bottle?

if my feet are cold, I fill my hot water bottle and put my feet on it.

i had a hot water bottle once... its the type you fill an put in the microwave to heat up.. well... i sorta blewup\melted the thing... i wanted it really hot, but i guess i over cooked the thing..

ryuki? you dont have an air conditioner? im not sure what a cooling fan is so im gonna assume its either a regular fan or a "a.c."

we got all three in my home, a heater, a fan and a ac. we actually had to the use the ac today cause it was a bit to warm, right now its hot an muggy an i think im comin down with a cold... darn climate changes...

ryuki? you dont have an air conditioner? im not sure what a cooling fan is so im gonna assume its either a regular fan or a "a.c."

yeah that's it.

there was one in the room when we went to Tokyo. I'd never seen one before.

it had a remote control and it blew out warm air, normal air, dry air, cool air.

they don't seem to exhist in our country. even when i stayed in a hotel in london, there was nothing like that.

oh wow.. this is news to me, it never occured to me that some countries wouldnt have one.. its such an important part of our culture here that to not have one is rare, an never seen one is impossible.. i think im actually speechless by this.

I don't know if this would be more suprising or less.. but our house has chimney breasts and a fireplace. that's common here.

uhmm sorry kenji, we are taking over your blog :redface:

um, i think we just call those simply chimneys, or smoke stacks... i dont think i heard the term chimeny breasts. an fireplaces are common here, you can get the older style houses that have chimneys, or you can get the gas powered fireplace with fireproof logs and an exhaust vent. those are fun.. until you leave the gas on..

i did this at liz's blog too.. sorry kenji!!

once i start yappin theres no tellin how long i'll go with it.

so kenji, how was your day? did you have a good day? i hope it warmed up some for you, its 77 degrees outside right now.. so maybe you'll get some of our weather! im willin to share, that is if ya can afford my rental fees! :lol:

so... your a lil depressed cause you ran out of sandwiches?

whats a gourmet sandwich anyway? is that like a hamburger or what?