Sign in to follow this  
Toku Warrior

HyperGuyvers Blog

Ok, update time.

My drawing requests are nearly finished. I just nned to do the final touches on Sea Wing and Sea Wolf for Bobby and then post the Kamen Rider Hunter at Deviant Art for a friend there and then do those 3 Guyver images for another friend.

As for fanfics, CH.2 of the Decade collabe is nearly complete. I now have up to 6 chapters for my Ben 10 Forever series and 2 chapters each for Kamen Riders' Shadow and Ghoul. I have put my Quantum Guyver story on haietus for now I just finished my second chapter to my Beetleborgs EX story.

I've also started the 1st chapter to my Kamen Rider Magnus series and also a one shot chapter for a crossover of "Rosario + Vampire" and "Kamen Rider Blade". I'm also planning a m,ovie version for my Ben 10 Forever series which will be a total revamp of the basic series.

Personal life wise, I'm tired of covering for people at work yet no one ever wants to cover for me. They get sick or in pain and I'll usually cover for them but god forbid if I ever get that way cuz then they'll be like "Oh, sorry, I can't as I have plans or I'm real busy." Well, two can play that game as I'm no longer being nice to them anymore. Ya want me to cover for ya then ya better be prepared to do the same for me if I'm sick.

well, chapter 2 to the Decade collabe fanfic is nearly complete. I've had a busy week at work so I couldn't spend much time on it and I was also trying to crank out the 1st chapter to Kamen Rider Magnus. Work has been the major thing in the way of all of my chapter writings as now someone from work has had to miss over a week cuz he was in the hospital.

For those wondering, I work the graveyard shift which varies from 10PM-6AM or 11PM-7AM. Only 3 people at the whole store work those hours (me being one of them) and it's one of those three that's out sick so me and the other guy have been getting royally screwed. That and the 4th of July weekend was a total pain as the beer cooler was literally raped to hell. All 4-5 doors were almost bone-dry empty of any beer.

Took me all night once we stopped selling beer to fill the sucker and I didn't even finish by the time I was supposed to clock out and go home. not to mention I was late to work that night as there was a huge traffic accident on the way there (see what happens when ya drink & drive on the 4th of July?).

Other than that my life is now good. I've been finding and DLing a lot of japanese music like crazy. I actually just got a hold of some of the songs for the 1st & 2nd OST's to Gundam 00 and the complete 3rd & 4th OST's (1st & 2nd) for Gundam 00 Season 2. Any of you Gundam 00 fans can hit me up for them if ya want copies of the music...I know a few of ya love the background music to that series.

Drawings....haven't worked on any or finished up any lately as fanfics have taken up a majority of my free time...when I have control of my computer that is.

I also rescently purchased an iPOD Shuffle as I get tired of using my PSP for MP3 purposes. Not a bad price for it too. Only cost me $45+tax.

Well, I'm glad you could get more of your story done, though I do look forward to seeing more of your art. I do enjoy hearing more about how your life's going, too. :cool:

Wow, it's been awhile since I've done a blog post. Let's see......

Fanfic-wise:

I've rescently just started with the 3rd chapter for the Decade collaboration fanfic and I hope to have it done within the next couple fo weeks. I say a couple of weeks as I am writing it alongside my other fanfics and other projects that I do. As for my other Kamen Rider series, I have mostly put both Ghoul and Shadow back on hold so that I can start working on the first chapter for Kamen Rider Neos. I also need to get the 3rd chapter of "The Greatest Rider - Decade" and the 7th chapter of "Ben 10 Forever started up as i haven't done writing for those stories in a bit.

Drawing-wise:

Nearly finished with Sea Wolfs redesign and the final version of Sea Wing for Bobby. Once I have those done I'll be working on designs for Neos and also 3 Guyver drawings for my friend from Fanfiction.net. I already have a base design for Kamen Rider Kyuubi done (this is a Kamen Rider series based around Naruto). I should have that Riders' final rendition done soon.

Video-wise:

I've been watching the series Koishite Akuma, Armor Hero, Tokyo Ghost Trip and K.O. 3an Guo....the first couple of episodes realy. These are series that are fan-subbed by the groups DoReMii and TimeLes Subs. Both groups do great work and I'm loving these series. As for other series, after reading over Tales' recent rants about Showa Era Kamen Riders and the last ended world arc for Kr Decade I have been currently downloading and watching a lot of the older Rider series and/or movies.

I now have the first 3 movies for Kamen Riders' 1 & 2, Super-1, ZO, J, Kamen Rider World, Kamen Rider Black RX: Stay in the World, ZX special and ZX the movie. I have also begun downloading the series Kamen Rider Black and Kamen Rider Black RX. I must say that Black is a very good series so far and RX is just as good....though I like Black's design more than that of RX's.

Life-wise:

I'm enjoying my time off from work today the best I can. I've had a tension headache most of the day but it's almost gone. I went shooping at the store earlier today and got my step-dad some more beer and got stuff for my mom as well. They were doing a whole lotta yard work today so they deserved a break from shopping. I also got me two things of Inari which is good as hell. I love that stuff. I'll be enjoying a good cup of sake later tonight, this is sake that's been imported from Japan so it's the real stuff and not an American imitation. I'll be living good tonight.

Well, that's all for now. See ya'll around the board.

• Like 1

Wow, nearly half a years since I last updated this blog. Well, not much has happened really. Just the usual.

Only rescent things I have done was I know got Full-Time employment at my job so now I have to fill out a health benefits package and mail it back to the companies HQ to activate it. It may not be the highest paying or best job in the world but at least it's work.

I also got the game, Tatsunoko VS. Capcom, for the Wii and Darksiders for the PS3. Darksiders, to me, is a god game but I'm currently stuck on a level so I put it down for a while and went with my new Wii game. I already unlocked the 5 hidden characters and all 3 hidden movies and now I'm just trying to figure out those 5 characters moves.

I've also been going imagination crazy with so many damn fanfic ideas. SO many in fact that most of them probably won't even get started until either near the end of the year or sometime next year.

Right now I have:

Kamen Rider Shadow

Kamen Rider Ghoul

Kamen Rider Magnus

Ben 10 Forever

Kamen Rider Decade Collab fanfic

Once those are finished I'll be starting/picking back up:

The Greatest Rider - Decade

The Quantum Guyver (revamp)

Rosario + Blade

Beetleborgs EX

And once those 4 are done I'll have:

Kamen Rider Kyuubi

Kamen Rider Akuma

Kamen Rider Xceed

Kamen Rider Magi

Kamen Rider Z

Kamen Rider Omni-Rider

Power Rangers: End Game

Kamen Rider Decade - Extra Adventures

Rosario + Hanyu (Inuyasha + Vampire rewrite)

Digimon: Crimson Legends

Pokemon: Legend of the Great Dragon - Rise of Charagon

Ben 10 Forever (movie rewrite version)

HyperGuyver: Last Stand

I've also begun small plans to bring back a Rider I've given up on, Dark Rider. I will be basing his world either as a stand alone or within the universe of the game Tatsunoko VS. Capcom. His pairing is still undecided.

Now, besides fanfics, nothing much else happens with me. I sleep, eat, draw, write, work, play games and watch movies. I am planning on going ot the public library later today and getting a library card. This way I can check out books on things that would be good for research material for my many fanfictions (thinking of Kamen Rider Ghoul and Rosario + Blade for starters). That and my parents like to use the internet more than me so when they're online here I can just go there.

Now I'm wondering if they'll ever make a 'Tokusatsu VS. Capcom' game.

Edited by Toku Warrior

Well, the Decade collab is now on a small hold until we can all get our Rider series at good points for actual usable source material. but we shall still continue talk about the project to work out other story elements.

This just gives me time to work on those other 4 stories:

KR Shadow

KR Magnus

KR Ghoul

Ben 10 Forever

I'm also working on a project with BananaKing concerning a few characters from the old Guyver RP days. Let's just say X and the Dark Quantum Guyver are finally getting some life breathed back into them.

It might be on a long hold.Given the current situation,2 of our guys are not responding,and that the rest of us are still quite needing inspiration for our riders.Don't expect it to resume any time soon.

By the way,do you face times where you are stuck at creating a rider series?

Cosmos is now having that kind of problem for me.

Plenty of times. It plagues me with every rider series i make. That's why it takes so long for me to write them as sometimes they get hard for creativeness. I don't want to be repetitive with every series.

Hmm, i need a bit of advice, its about the very basics of creating a fanfic rider.

Right now, Cosmos is stuck at this step.

I managed to get a almost solid vision of what kind of rider he is,and the idea of the villain he fights,The Eternal Star.

But i still can't get an exact idea what setting the story should be.

Did you face this problem?

It's a constant problem.

The basic solution to this is to just go with what feels right for the premise of the story.

You already dated it for some time into the future of the Kabuto era. It's in space and there are many colonies under Monarch control.

So a good setting base for the story could be anything as long as it flows naturally with the defined expectations you have for your main characters, a setting that defines the character itself.

Am I saying this in a clear fashion? I can get confusing sometimes with these explanations.

The thing is,sometimes i cannot find out what has that "feel right" sort of thing.

I think people call this a lack of inspiration.

Though i know what that feeling feels like.

Just yesterday,i bought Mass Effect 2 Collector's edition.I saw the Collector's Armor.It is at least 85% very close to the vision i had of Cosmos's suit.

As for the characters and cast, it really depends on the setting.Where the events take place.

The only characters i have confirmed is the main character Ikari Yamato,which is Cosmos and Astro(no name yet,just like Tales's ANT's secondary rider,Termite).But for Astro, i was intending for him to be a westerner,he's like an opposite to the main rider.

But the main problem is really,lack of inspiration.

Ever face this kind of problem?

post-1476-127303310644_thumb.jpg

Edited by spectre555

Ah, now I see. Yes, I have faced this many times before.

Seeing as series like Shadow, Neos, Xceed and Omni-Rider are all set in their own universes with no anime/live-action series to actually tie into I have a much harder time doing them justice.

But I have found other ways to find inspiration for them.

Let's take Omni-Rider for example.

He's one of my latest Rider series to be put into the planning process. Now, something for this series is that it takes a bit of something from everything. It's set in a post-apocalyptic world. Angels and Demons fight one another and God no longer cares for humanity due to mans' sinful ways.

That's 1 inspiration right there. I took the part of God turning against mankind from the movie Legion and the post apocalyptic setting from The Book of Eli.

A young man with silver hair, obtains the power of the apocalypse via a driver belt, the TemplarDriver. He has 6 forms total.

Inspiration 2 - the 4 advanced forms are based on the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse and slightly on small parts of the game Darksiders. His final form is based around the Templar Knights.

He meets a group of people that travel via a tricked out RV (Burst Angel inspiration there for the RV). One of which is a wise-ass girl who loves to kill, fight and has one heck of a potty mouth. Weird as her names' Hope. I based her on Rebbecca (Revy) from Black Lagoon.

So when making a series from scratch with no actual base on series adaption, just use bits and things from other stories, series and movies and general knowledge of history to fill in those gaps. Use what ya can and expand upon those basic ideas.

I actually recently was thinking of looking at set in space shows and stories.

I watched a show called Heroic Age a few weeks ago,was entertaining,and also gave me a bit more inspiration for Cosmos's Space powers.

Firing wormholes and portals seems to work well for the rider of space.

Lol,Black Lagoon and Burst Angel.I watched them, they were quite entertaining.

Edited by spectre555

yeah, those two series are very good. Though I've yet to finish watching Burst Angel. Also, this post comemorates my first time ever making a post via my PS3 and with my new keypad add-on. Hooray for me!

I just got that inspiration feeling again!

I did what you said,and i remembered a not so long time ago series of games.

Ryuusei No Rockman/Mega Star Force

While that series was not as good compared to other Megaman games,i remember there were lots of themes and things space related to that.

Here's what i got.

The constellations themes,could be used for the villains.Aside from the shaky concepted main villain,i never was able to create a so called villain organization.Just can't seem to without any prior concept around it.

Of course, i'm still not completely sure if taking from there is going to work.But at least,i have another source now.

Well, since the basic villains will be taking their themes from the Constellations, why not call the organization one of these.

Constellation Empire

StratusSphere

I can't think of other ATM, but maybe you can get some ideas from these.

I got part of the problem fixed now,as they say,a powerful hero needs a powerful villain to defeat,but the real main problem is.......

I actually have no idea what i actually want Cosmos to be.No clear fixed ideal of this i can think of.

I started Cosmos as a joke originally about the Zero Gravity Rider Kick and a what if there is a rider in Dead Space.

Well,saying goes in Japanese anime industry "don't make a joke without thinking about the consequences" .They were sorta right.

Edited by spectre555

Now, to figure this out you need to go back to what you wanted him to be in the first slew of ideas.......back when you were first designing him. Go over those main parts of his character (what makes him HIM...not his outer design) and re-update them and edit them to fit the concepts of the flow of the story. Take inspiration from both Showa and Heisei Rider series for this too.

You could have him be the unwanted hero. A hero that is hated at first but is gradually accepted as time goes on (Kiva, Shin, Decade, Kabuto....sorta). You could also go the route of the wandering soul, searching for his place in life and looking for where ever he may fit in; fighting to preserve peace and, by the end of the story, truly understanding his place in life and why he exists.

Something to try is also have the main villain a counter to that of which the hero is (a polar opposite). Kinda like how Shadow Moon was to Black/RX.

Okay..............i admit.Now i realize that is one of the vital part that is missing.

But thinking about it,i never actually could think about it since,i was still trying figure out the setting of the story is in.

I was thinking of altering the current new setting a bit,but just needed to figure out what to tweak to get that feel right.

As for the rival counterpart,that may have to wait.

Hmm...i looked at 42 episodes of Kamen Rider Black,it is quite episodic of the week.But the setting is quite strong,thus the series could always progress the plot when needed to.

That's what W is doing that currently.

Every show has its own pacing.I've yet to figure out what kind of pacing should Cosmos be like.

Lets say i put aside worrying about the rider features/gadgets introduction.

Edited by spectre555

Good idea.

Figure out the way you want your story to flow first then figure out the fine touches of the Rider and his/her gear. Then you can compress them into even more refined versions later on when you do story boards for your arcs which is a big help when it finally comes to writing (kinda how we do the scene steps for the collab chapters).

Cosmos does not have much to worry about in terms of gadgets and powers really.

I was thinking of pacing like the new superhero anime out there,Heroman.

Heroman and Joey may be winning their little monster of the week victories in Center City in America,but in the big picture,the Skrugg alien invaders are still winning the war to conquer Earth.Their plans have already begun sending their weapons to crush governments all over the world all while that is happening.

It might be episodic,but the world does not really totally revolve around the protagonist.

Edited by spectre555

Ok,I might go with that,since it is that kind of setting after all.It is essentially a war between Humanity and the Stellar Monarchy(makeshift name).

Edited by spectre555