Sign in to follow this  
Toku Warrior

HyperGuyvers Blog

Hello everyone. Most of the original members from Guyver Board know me, but for those who don't, the name's HyperGuyver. I came up with that name a few years back and it has since become my most known alias when joining a site. A few friends also refer to me as HG for short. I also go by a few other screennames such as Kiva, Giga Gigantic, DMC, and Toku Warrior.

I'm what you'd call a semi-otaku (yes, Otkau is more of an insult but i don't mind being called one). I call myself a semi-otaku because I love almst all things related to Japan. I''m still learning the names of many Japanese VA as well as names of directors, producers, song writers and vocalists. This takes a lot of time and patience and I'm still trying my best to remember a lot of it.

I draw a lot, mostly in my own anime style which is a small composite of many different styles to where I feel comfortable with. I love to draw, listen to music (Rock, metal, country, classical, score, Japanese, techno, dark, and a little jazz), make anime and live-action music videos, and have also currently taken up writting fan-fiction stories.

I first got into the world of anime and everything that is Japanese when I watched my first anime, Guyver: the 12-Part OVA. Since then, I've seen many anime and own many more via DVD, VHS, and DL (download via bittorrent). Not to get to the main parts of my life.

I was born in Charleston, South Carolina. I have so far lived in the states of South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Louisiana, Rhode Island, and the island of Bermuda. I'm 23 yrs old, 6'0", sign is Aquarius, born on January 23, 1985. I currently reside in Sebastian, Florida which is an hour and a half south of Orlando and twn and a hlaf hours north of Miami. I went to college in Rhode Island for over 3 years.

During those three years I eanred my A.S. degree in MWD (Mulitmedia and Web-Graphic Design) with high concentration in graphic design. Because of that, I'm very experienced in Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Avid, Adobe Premiere, and After Effects. I also earned my B.S. degree in DRA (Digital Recording Arts).

My very first job I ever held was at a Grocery store in Rhode Island called "Stop-N-Shop." I was a bagger and cart pusher there for 3 months. After that I worked at a pizza restaraunt called "A-1 Pizza" for 4 years. I then moved down to Florida after I finished college to help my mom out with her newly built house. Though, when we moved to Florida, it wasn't finished yet. So for 7 months I stayed with my grandmother in Jacksonville while my mom stayed in Sebastian with my Uncle and then with one of my aunts in Orlando a few months later.

While I was in Jacksonville I worked with Kirby Vacuum's as an outside sales associate (yes, I went door-to-door selling vacuums). That job only lasted for 2 weeks before I quit ecause they only payed me $50 bucks fo rthe whole time I worked. I then worked at a flooring store called "Floor 7 Decor" for my remaining 5 months in Jacksonville.

Around late May this year I mocved to Sebastian, after the house was finished, so I could help my mother around the house. I did this because she had her left knee replaced last summer so I don't want her doing to much to where she would hurt herself. So for a long time I've been unemployed due to the bad shape of the economy. Now I rescently started a new job, though it's only seasonal. This means that it will end sometime in January. So for the time being I'm working at KB TOYS. I'm gonna look for a full-time job as well though cuz I still have student loans to pay back.

Now for some basic info. I first became involved in a forum called TheGuyver.net, or GBoard for short, around 2004. During that time, I became good friends with a few good members from there. We then made this site around early last year. I was an admin of this site for awhile then after a discussion with the admins, I stepped down from my position and stayed on as a Guyver Advocacy member. The Guyver Advocacy, GA for short, is a team of site members that take the scanlated chapters of the Guyver manga that have yet to be translated into English and put them into English for fans.

As a member of this team, I am 1 of the 2 members that takes the complete books and puts them into colour. The other member is called Unknown Guyver. He and I have currently put the colour scans on hold for a while do to personal reason. His mostly being him having to work 2 jobs. Mine are because I am looking for a good job that can fully support me so i only come here to mainly talk.

Though, I have talked with the site founder, Ryuki, and I have decided to get back to doing the colour scans so that I can post a few chapters by X-Mas as a gift to the site. I have also begun writing fan-fictions which also cut into my colour scan time. My first fan-fiction is based on one of my Guyver creations called Quantum Guyver whom I use in an online RPG here on this site. I'm currently working on my second fan-fic based on my own Kamen Rider character. The first chapter should be up within the end of the month.

The Qunatum Guyver fan-fic can be found here in the "Adaptions" section of the site and also at FanFiction.Net. Over there, I'm known as Toku Warrior. I wanted to use my HyperGuyver alias......but someone already took it...........damn, they shall burn in hell for impersinating me, lol. Oh well. Well, that's basically it. I will regularly update this blog every few days. Feel free to post your cooments here.

Well, See everyone around on the board.

So is everyone gonna have a blog now? they're cool to read and all but I have a feeling these are gonna get really old really fast

Hey, I just decided to share. Besides, only 6 of us have created blogs here....out the 600+ members of the site. I'm only writing a blog so the other member can learn more about me and so I can keep them updated on any current event pretaining to what I do for the site.

Well, at least this is better than hijacking someone else blog. :tongues: I don't think this will get old, as it depends on the topic starter if he/she wants to update everyone of what's happening to him/her. You won't see me join the bandwagon for this.

Props to you toku for sharing your life with everyone. I'm curious about your job at KB toys. What do you do there? do you have perks like free toys or something like that. I've always wanted to work for a toy store. Heck, the office of Toys R Us are just a few steps away.

Nah, no perks like that. I actually just started. It's only seasonal so I reallt only work around 8 hours a week though it'll pick up after Thanksgiving. For now I just walk through the isles and keep the shelves neat and make sure all the products are straight. They are also gonna start training me on the register this Thursday. I'm happy about this week for one thing though. I don't have to work Saturday so I might just be able to watch Kiva live.

8 hours a week? That's like working almost one and a half hour a day, or just one day for the whole week. It'll definitely pick up after thanksgiving as the -ber months are the peak in terms of sales especially November and December.

If it makes you feel any better, I've always wanted to work as a clerk for a quick-stop style store. Something about Dante in clerks just makes it look so cool yet so boring. I can't explain why I like it but it speaks to me.

Ya know, I never saw that movie nor its sequal. Anyway, I spent around 3-4 hours today writing the first chapter of my new Kamen Rider fan-fic. I have it posted here and at fanfiction.net. Man, I spent almost 2 months planning out that series and it feels good having it posted.

I can definately attest to it being great to have something you've been putting your heart into posted in a public forum. Congratulations on the fruition of your hard work, Toku. :cool: There's really no feeling that can quite equal knowing that people like your work.

Thanks Kenji. Now I'm currently writing chapters 4-6 of my Quantum guyver fan-fic. I should have all those done hoepfully by the end of the week.

Hey guys. It's been awhile since I last updated this blog. Let's see....

I currently have three fan fictions I'm writing. They are:

"The Quantum Guyver" - based on my Quantum Guyver character in the Guyver RP thread

"Kamen Rider Shadow" - the fan-fic I spent two months working on by planning, research, drawing, etc...

"Inuyasha + Vampire" - my latest story which is a crossover of the series Inuyasha and the series Rosario + Vampire.

At the moment, I'm putting a halt on writing these stories as I'm getting back into doing the colour scans...I have been putting them off for quite a while. Once I get the current chapter I'm working on finished and posted in the GA section, I'll get back to the stories. The "Quantum Guyver" fan-fic is at about 4 chapters with the 5th only 15% complete. The "KR Shadow" fan-fichas 2 chapters and the 3rd isn't even started yet. The "Inuyasha + Vampire" fan-fic only has 1 chapter and the 2nd is 40% complete.

I won't be writing any other stories until I have at least one of these finished, particualry either the Inuyasha or Quantum Guyver stories. I plan on having the QG story based at around 10-12 chapters for the whole story. The Inuyasha one I have based at possibly somewhere near 8-14 chapter for its entirety. The KR Shadow....I have no idea but the first arc itself will be 15 chapters at most.

Now for what else is going on in my life. Black Friday was a pain in the ass as I was up since 10:30 AM on Thursday (Thanksgiving) and didn't go to bed until 9:10 AM the following morning. I had to work from 12:00 AM until 8:30 AM at the store. I actually enjoyed the first 5 hours of it as it was busy so I didn't have time to get tired as my mind was set on helping customers. Of course, then I had breakfast then it got slow for the last 3.5 hours I was there and that's when I got real tired.

I was surprised I could focus enough to drive home. I was use to pulling all nighters back in college and staying up for 48 hours with no sleep. But it's been over a year since I had to do something like that and I'm out of shape for that kind of thing. I need to get to a gym and lose some wieght.

Last time I checked I was somewhere between 300 and 315 pounds (I don't know what that is in kilo's or in stones...any UK members here wish to translate that for me?). Not good for me seeing as I'm pre-diabetic. Meaning I'm not a diabetic...yet. I can be if I'm not careful. I want to get my wieght down to a range of 180-220 pounds. I'm big boned so I can't lose too much wieght as it wouldn't be healthy for someone of my build.

If I can lose enough wieght, I won't have those damn heel speers anymore and them thing hurt like hell after standing in one spot for 4-5 hours straight.

Other than that I'm looking for a second job so I can have even more income than what I get now. Those student loans won't pay themselves.

about 140 kilos.

thats 21 stone.

i hope you are very tall dude. I think you are.

good luck on going to the gym, it's a good thing. I like to go every now and then.

oh, about my height. well then dude, definately get yourself to the gym :wink:

for the sake of your health. :cool:

you don't wanna reduce your life expectancy.

I'm gonna have to do that. I may end up going for a walk for about 30 minutes on days I have off from work or on days where I don't have t be in at work until late in the afternoon.

Oh, Ryuki, I need a fellow artists advice. What colour scheme would you suggest for Shin's (Sin in the Manga) Zoalord form in book 25? I'm currently stuck on thinking of a good colour. I thought that maybe a type of violet colouring may be good but I'm not sure.

I'd like som opinions on the subject.

TBH, I don't know if there was an official release for his colour scheme on his Zoalord battle form.

i don't think there was.

I'll have a play around with it tomorrow to give you some ideas. then you can follow my lead with it or choose your own. :cool:

Good God! You weight 300 to 315 pounds?? That means your BMI is around 44? You really should go to the gym, even if your big boned, that's still rather an unhealthy number. But it also wouldn't be good if you rush it out. I've maintained my weight by walking to work once a week. That's 14.4 kilometers a day.

Toku, I'd make him green, I just get a green vibe off his zoaform. As for your weight, well that's your business but at least keep it in the 200's. But I shouldn't talk, it took me years to get to 135lbs

i thought green initially, but then I thought.. yentsui...

also, I did colour my version of caerleon a green hue.. so I wanted to keep away from green.

this is what i came up with, but feel free to change yours to what ya fancy :)

post-1-1228412886_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the help Ryuki.

BK, you're right. I'd like my weight to be in the lower 200's.

Durendal, I know. Though, for some wierd reason, I don't even look like I weigh that much. I look like I'm in the low 200's but the scale says other wise. I can't walk to work because it takes me alomst 15-25 minutes to get there via the highway and almost 35 using the back roads.

I appreaciate your concerns for my health you guys.

sorry im late.. dont feel too bad toku, my entire family on my dads side is "cursed" by the big bone syndrome... i myself am about 5'9 and last time i checked was about 245.. an that was a while ago, i have no illusions that i have gotten smaller since then... im sure i gained... so im right there with you, its kinda weird, i do have an active lifestyle i guess, my job enables me to do alot of attic crawling and under a stage crawling. so im always drenched in sweat an tired at the end of the day, and i dont really eat alot, so i dont know why im not losing.. actually i skip meals alot.. so that may be my problem i guess, but sometimes i just cant force myself to eat..

durandel.. 14???? dang... i walked home from church one day an it was only a mile or so.. could be more but that took me 45 minutes.. how long did that take you?