Sign in to follow this  
V Guyver

My photoshop is working agian

Finnaly got Photoshop to work again, that means I can get back to working on my scanlations for the oard (really sorry for the delay guys, especialy with the work you did in translating them) This was just some random image I found on the net. Original just a guyver action figure/model to a yellow background. So I spruced it up within 4 minutes of work in toying aroudn with my now working photoshop. Having that thing working for me again got me and urge to toy aroudn with it, and this was the end result

So here it is, try it out as a stretched background. I tried it out on my desktop and it seemed pretty cool. I hope some of you enjoy the image.

gallery_1225_33_143581.png

ooh nice work!

you got some pretty good taste. :)

I don't normally like teh use of filters in photoshop, but this is quite elegantly done.

yeah I used the stone texture effect for most of the background. I had turned the image grey then colored it a dark red. Used a circle tool to make the yellow colored circle for a sun. I then did the grainy slashed across the image using the "soft wet oil blend" art tool to manually places the slashes for the windy effect. So there, now you got something for a new banner in the future.

I didn't think that toying around in 3-4 minutes of testing out if the entire program was working completely would turn into this. Lol.

So thanks again for the compliments. I hope now that it's working again that I'll Finally get the scanlations done and work on some more pics. I hardly draw or photoshop these days, and it worries me that what little skill I have may of degenerated beyond repair.

well another one, again used the stone in the background and edited from an action figure pose someone posted online. I saw potential in the image so it led to this. I decided to use two different colors in order to add a dynamic contrast to the image. Now that I think about it, Cannibal did some NBA guyver mock ups that used the same color contrast as I just did.

anyways, the original image I found (Blew up the image because it was pretty small, almost a thumbnail.)

1250521062_l.jpg

and my re imagining of it...

G1_blood_spill.png

Edited by V Guyver

thanks guys. I think I may expriment more from now on. Just because I can't draw as much as I'd like these days, doesn't mean I can't photoshop these days.

the last 2 only took like 4-5 minutes of work. These new ones took a bit longer because I had to airbrush things by hand digitally like an hour. I really had no idea what I was doing, but eventually I just decided to try and make the guyot action figure look like it was actually drawn. I really don't know how well it came out, especially the last one with the clashing red and blue with stone backdrop. (did it just out of curiosity of how'd it look.) Anyways...

Original

guyot_grin1.jpg

black and white and after contrasts and size blow up.

guyot_grin2.png

colored with airbrush tool

guyot_grin3.png

the same but with plastic effect for shading and a slight texture

guyot_grin4_final.jpg

and just an experiment with the coloring. I should of done the background separately instead of just airbrush it in to the pic which messed up a 2 blades a little. But I really don't care since I don't like it much. Also used the stone filter to give it that bumpy look again.

guyot_grin5_color_clash.gif

Edit: Oops just noticed that I miscolored his right tooth (to out left)

Edit2: Fixed and updated the images.

Edited by V Guyver

another one, this one took me even longer because I ad no idea what I was doing. I got lucky with the final products.

original

gz.jpg

black and white, didn't become as lined as I'd hoped, so I had to improvise from now on

gz1_bw.png

coloring for expirimentation

gz2_bw_colorings.png

merger of coloring with original for look, then smoothed

gz3_merger.png

textured with for darkness and leaving face half black then added transparant glow

gz4_merger2.png

then figured Id's try to add air pressure from his facial pores (note they go up, not down like other guyvers.)

gz5_merger3.png

Oh and on a final note. I don't know what the contest that Durendal and Ryuki are eventualy going to sponser and hold. But if anyone likes, I can try and help them with their entries. Also, if you'd like to use some of my edits, or just parts of them then jsut ask. I've seen Cannibal and others here on the board do better work, but I hope some of these can be of some use. :)

Edited by V Guyver

another version of the previous work. Dunno why I bothered doing it. I guess the lighter texture attracted me.

gz3-5_merger.png

and me toying around with another toy image.

original source material

g1_59950778_100_6700_1.jpg

and subsequent versions... all of which you can change the color schemes to your favorite guyver color scheme. Also, it's an easy enough image for banners and wall papers, so feel free to use it to create some.

g1_bs_ova_clean.png

g1_bs_ova.png

g1_bs_12ova_clean.png

g1_bs_12ova_shaded.png

g1_bs_anime.png

g0_bs.png

and just for fun...

g1_back_fire.png

g1_back_fire2.png

I wonder if cannibals around too Kenji. I'd like to see if he'd be intrested in using any of the edits I did for his own projects.

Very nice works dude, I always like toy->drawing photoshop works. My fave is with black-white Guyver 1 (the third pic in that post), because style looks like as on the official japanese Guyver site. Awesome ^_^

Edited by Cannibal

yeah, that's why I named that file g1 OVA, the blue green 12OVA (12 episode) and the dark blueg1 anime. I actually could of color schemed them to be G2 and G4, but show wouldn't pass for either one. Oh and during the competition discussion thread, I ended up getting an idea for an injured guyver in the snow. :P

Injured_Guyver_Snow.png

yes, specifically after he got his arm bitten off in the OVA series. I may redo this to make it clearer, I sort of did it in the spur of the moment.

Thanks for the clarification. I really like the work you did on the blood and the severed arm - odd as that might sound - it's a great depiction of battle-damage to an organic, without looking too gory.

another edit. Hopefully someone can do a better job with this one then me. I guess the last one can be used as a CD cover for the TV series.

Original

MAX-BFCS05_1.jpg

white

g1_MAX1.png

darked white

g1_MAX2.png

darke white with slight coloring

g1_MAX3.png

classic 12 episode ova guyver

g1_MAX4.png

new anime colored guyver

g1_MAX5.png

same but with logo

g1_MAX6.png

final edit of anime guyver, if someone wanted, they could edit it to become a cd cover. :)

g1_MAX7_CD_cover.png

more generic guyver pics by me. =P

original image

4_1.jpg

bw contrasted

G1_megasmasher_1.png

contrasted again

G1_megasmasher_2.png

recolored by hand with airbrush tool

G1_megasmasher_3.png

barely noticeable change with smoothing and shading plastic tool

G1_megasmasher_4.png

and the generic megasmasher effect to top it off.

G1_megasmasher_5.png

thanks again guys, I have a few others, but I'm having trouble figuring them out, especially chaos/evil aptom, and torn biobooster flesh sho (Him in a guyver mode with his face exposed.

Edited by V Guyver