Sign in to follow this  
odin

Godzilla

Download, install & it'll be there. May have to reset. I got all sorts of fonts from that site. Including Super Sentai 30 Dingbats.

Download, install & it'll be there. May have to reset. I got all sorts of fonts from that site. Including Super Sentai 30 Dingbats.

Well, I just didn't know where to save it at.

Do you have the link to the article? Because that sounds very fake considering the fact that they spelled Lucas's name wrong and Destoroyah can't return considering it was killed at the end unless by sequel they mean that they're continuing the Heisei Series. Secondly, if this was true then August or Keith would've mentioned it by now. Thirdly, Junior was the Godzilla that doesn't destroy Japan, so that doesn't make sense if he was badder than ever. Lastly, Toho doesn't spend much cash on Godzilla films and usually any CGI in them are usually aren't that good (With the exception of GMK, where the CGI was actually good). To be honest, this article smells fishy. I don't believe it at all.

http://gfw5.tripod.com/id11.html is the site I got it from.

Well, I just didn't know where to save it at.

It'll be automatically added to your Fonts folder.

Sorry Mirabilis, but it is fake. Just got confirmation from Keith. It's 100% false. Here's the pm:

"Don't believe any of this. It's all garbage.

Ever since FINAL WARS there have been a ton of these kinds of "news" reports, and we're going to get a bunch more until Toho officially decides to make another Godzilla film (whenever that is).

One thing that most people like "GodzillaKing" don't understand is that Toho usually only takes a year or so to make a movie-- even their biggest films. So they would never be working on a movie now that would come out in 5-6 years.

I have friends at Toho and friends who worked on the Godzilla movies and all of them say Toho isn't even thinking about another Godzilla movie right now because Japanese audiences aren't interested in them. In the last couple of years Toho has had huge box office success with disaster movies, anime, and dramas so they don't need to rush Godzilla back until they feel the time is right to make a profitable motion picture.

Toho Pictures VP Shogo Tomiyama (who also produced all the recent Godzilla movies) told Ed Godziszewski and Steve Ryfle that Godzilla would not be back for a while, and when he does return Toho will have to do something dramatic to recreate the "sense of wonder" the older movies inspired. You can see some of what Tomiyama had to say in the BRINGING GODZILLA DOWN TO SIZE documentary.

If/when Godzilla returns Toho will make a big announcement and it will be covered by the Japanese press. Until that happens just ignore any of these junk news stories."

Edited by Purgstall

Ah, ok Purgstall. I'll keep an eye out for any info from Toho, and will stay away from these types of articles. Thank for the heads up and your comment. :mrgreen:

Ah, ok Purgstall. I'll keep an eye out for any info from Toho, and will stay away from these types of articles. Thank for the heads up and your comment. :mrgreen:

The main news site that I would recommend is Scifi Japan and any of the websites in it's links section.

Man, I missed the Big G now that he's in "hibernation". They say that they are retiring Godzilla for 5 or 10 years before he makes a comeback.

Again (for what seems like the umpteenth time), Toho will revive Godzilla when they feel the need to. They're making a lot of cash from their other movies. Toho doesn't just make Godzilla movies. When they feel like they can make profitable film, they'll let us know. You're just gonna have to be patient like the rest of us for now.

Between the 29 Godzilla movies, the 4 Mothra movies, 12 Gamera movies, and every other daikaiju movie on vhs or dvd I only need Godzilla Raids Again and Gamera: The Brave. I have been a G-Fan since I was 2 and have at least a grands worth or more of daikaiju merchandise ranging from books, magazines, toys, movies, to shirts, cds, plushies and posters.

I know everything there is to know about the movies from 1954-1995. With the holy grail of my godzilla collection. The Official Godzilla Compendium. I have regarded what websites have for kaiju information half true after Godzilla vs Destoroyah. Before searching for the infor of daikaiju outside those named in TOGC I could have someone ask me a year and I would be able to tell them what movie, what monsters appeared in the movie their stats along with Godzilla's the actors who appeared in previous Godzilla movies, how long the movie was in japan and how long it was in the US, and when I was released in the US. Earning me the nick name Godzilla when I was in school.

But now I just watch the movies and collect as much merchandise as possible. I don't have a favorite movie for all the kaiju movies as a hole..... no I can't say that. I have always had the film that got me hooked to Godzilla as my favorite. Godzilla 1985, even though us stupid americans slaughtered that movie, just to have Raymond Burr who has no merrit in any of the Godzilla franchise. But besides that movie I was quite pleased with Final Wars. I did however didnt like the duration of the fight between Zilla and Godzilla. I was hoping it would have been a little longer. But other then that I look at all the Daikaiju movies from 1933s King Kong to 2008s Cloverfield as a whole franchise.

*Edit*

Actually Purgstall throught some very reliable sourses Toho is on the record for saying that they will bring Godzilla back in either 2013 or 2014. That sourse was the creator of Monster Zero Arron Smith, before he died in 2006, god rest his soul. But I guess we will find out if what Toho had said comes true when 2013 and 2014 hits. But right now, I'm pretty sure they want to focus on some other projects whether they relate to Kaiju or not is their perogative

Edited by Hyper_Guyvantic

I have a Godzilla ringtone on my cell. It's the opening for the American one. Assigned it to my baby sister.

Between the 29 Godzilla movies, the 4 Mothra movies, 12 Gamera movies, and every other daikaiju movie on vhs or dvd I only need Godzilla Raids Again and Gamera: The Brave. I have been a G-Fan since I was 2 and have at least a grands worth or more of daikaiju merchandise ranging from books, magazines, toys, movies, to shirts, cds, plushies and posters.

Eh, most fans don't really count the US remake as a Godzilla film. Unless you're counting that upcoming Imax Godzilla film (if that ever gets made).

But now I just watch the movies and collect as much merchandise as possible. I don't have a favorite movie for all the kaiju movies as a hole..... no I can't say that. I have always had the film that got me hooked to Godzilla as my favorite. Godzilla 1985, even though us stupid americans slaughtered that movie, just to have Raymond Burr who has no merrit in any of the Godzilla franchise.

I've kinda been conflicted about which of Return of Godzilla I liked more. Sure the American version had those army guys basically trying to endorse Dr. Pepper throughout the scenes but we had Raymond Burr's touching speech at the end of Godzilla 1985. The Japanese version, well I liked it because we actually get to see the Cybot Godzilla being used and we saw scenes that were not used in the American version. If I remember Correctly, they explained the origin of Shockilas, the giant sea louse that attacked ship and killed most of the passengers in the Japanese version but not in the US version.

But besides that movie I was quite pleased with Final Wars. I did however didnt like the duration of the fight between Zilla and Godzilla. I was hoping it would have been a little longer. But other then that I look at all the Daikaiju movies from 1933s King Kong to 2008s Cloverfield as a whole franchise.

I wasn't pleased at all by Final Wars. The fights in general were terrible, the monsters seemed only to make cameo appearances, hell Godzilla himself was only in the movie for like 12 minutes out of a 2 hour film. It was sloppy, thrown together and was boring as hell. The monsters were ridiculous weak as hell (Ebirah getting damaged by guys running around with guns, anybody?). The human story was made of fail and plotholes. The only reason I could watch it was because of the Godzilla vs Zilla fight (which I admit should be made longer just because I wanted to see Zilla gets his ass stomped a bit longer), Don Fyre kicking ass, Gigan's redesign, and Monster X (before he changes into Keizer Ghidorah, Keizer G was made of uber fail).

Actually Purgstall throught some very reliable sourses Toho is on the record for saying that they will bring Godzilla back in either 2013 or 2014. That sourse was the creator of Monster Zero Arron Smith, before he died in 2006, god rest his soul. But I guess we will find out if what Toho had said comes true when 2013 and 2014 hits. But right now, I'm pretty sure they want to focus on some other projects whether they relate to Kaiju or not is their perogative

Your link to Monster Zero isn't working for some reason. And I refer to you my quote from Keith, who works at Sci-Fi Japan: "I have friends at Toho and friends who worked on the Godzilla movies and all of them say Toho isn't even thinking about another Godzilla movie right now because Japanese audiences aren't interested in them. In the last couple of years Toho has had huge box office success with disaster movies, anime, and dramas so they don't need to rush Godzilla back until they feel the time is right to make a profitable motion picture."

I liked it. I even liked the cartoon series that followed it. They had their own version of MechaGodzilla!!!!!

I liked Godzilla 1998. I thought the movie was cool and how they had the american government respond to the situation, and how the french government responded to it too.

Heres my two cents on the film

Things I liked:

I LOVED its body structure. Though not the traditional Godzilla structure, I like how it was more dinosuarish, and how it moved around.

I liked the idea of how it was laying eggs. It gave it a purpose to be in manhattan.

I liked the battle sequences. and the car chase.

I liked how it affected peoples lives differently.

I liked its reaction to the death of its offspring.

And I liked how they involved different branches of the military. Navy, Army etc.

Things I didnt like:

I didnt like how it couldnt breath fire.

I didnt like how it died so easily by the Fighter Jets.

I didnt like how no other animals, on the island didnt turn into giant creatures. That island should have been monster island!(They could have shown a breath little clipse of each monster before the bomb went off, like they did with the lizards. They could have shown like a gorilla=King Kong, showed a lobster=Ebyra, a sea horse next to a lizard swimming which would fuse into=Titanosurus, a moth=Mothra, a bat=Batra. etc:

I did see a couple episodes in the Godzilla show, which I did like. I cant remember but couldnt he breath fire in the cartoon series following the 1998 film? Anyways they atleast had him fight other monsters in the cartoon series which I liked. :cool:

Edited by Mirabilis

Mirabilis, there was no reason for it to swim all the way to Manhattan to lay eggs. There was much closer spots that it could've went to instead of Manhattan. They were also planning a sequel for it, where the egg hatchling would've fought some sort of giant insect. Thank god they didn't and decided to do the cartoon instead.

I hated the 98 movie with a passion. The only thing I may hate more than that movie is Twilight. Piss pour acting (Glares at Maria Patillo or whatever her name is), writing, directing. The monster hardly did any damage, heck the military did more damage than he did. The monster ran away and didn't stand and fight. The creature looked nothing like Godzilla. Godzilla is not a friggin lizard, he's a dinosaur. Godzilla isn't asexual and the list goes on and on and on.

I liked Godzilla 1998. I thought the movie was cool and how they had the american government respond to the situation, and how the french government responded to it too.

Heres my two cents on the film

Things I liked:

I LOVED its body structure. Though not the traditional Godzilla structure, I like how it was more dinosuarish, and how it moved around.

I liked the idea of how it was laying eggs. It gave it a purpose to be in manhattan.

I liked the battle sequences. and the car chase.

I liked how it affected peoples lives differently.

I liked its reaction to the death of its offspring.

And I liked how they involved different branches of the military. Navy, Army etc.

Things I didnt like:

I didnt like how it couldnt breath fire.

I didnt like how it died so easily by the Fighter Jets.

I didnt like how no other animals, on the island didnt turn into giant creatures. That island should have been monster island!(They could have shown a breath little clipse of each monster before the bomb went off, like they did with the lizards. They could have shown like a gorilla=King Kong, showed a lobster=Ebyra, a sea horse next to a lizard swimming which would fuse into=Titanosurus, a moth=Mothra, a bat=Batra. etc:

I did see a couple episodes in the Godzilla show, which I did like. I cant remember but couldnt he breath fire in the cartoon series following the 1998 film? Anyways they atleast had him fight other monsters in the cartoon series which I liked. :cool:

He did breath fire. Atomic fire. Kicked in when the military attacked him. He also used it to shrink El Gusano Gigante (Giant Worm).

And against a not very powerful Godzilla at that too. The order of strongest Godzillas is usually this: Meltdown Godzilla> Godzilla Heisei > GXM Godzilla > Godzilla Showa > Godzilla 2000 (sometimes Showa Goji and G2K switch spots in the ranking, it's been debated between which of those two are stronger) > Godzilla GFW > Godzilla GMK > Godzilla GXMG/GMMG > 1954 Godzilla

Edited by Purgstall

Everyone who knew of Godzilla Final Wars knew they were going to put Godzilla vs Zilla. I was one of the first to find via the rumor vile when Aaron of MonsterZero was still alive. When he told me that I knew automatically they were going to put Zilla in. I liked the American design, but I knoew Godzilla was going to win over Zilla.

My only gripe is, I wanted the battle between the 2 of them to be longer.

Oh and Purgstall, you forgot a Godzilla. You forgot the one from the Hannah Barrarah cartoons :lol:

Everyone who knew of Godzilla Final Wars knew they were going to put Godzilla vs Zilla. I was one of the first to find via the rumor vile when Aaron of MonsterZero was still alive. When he told me that I knew automatically they were going to put Zilla in. I liked the American design, but I knoew Godzilla was going to win over Zilla.

My only gripe is, I wanted the battle between the 2 of them to be longer.

Oh and Purgstall, you forgot a Godzilla. You forgot the one from the Hannah Barrarah cartoons :lol:

The list only consists of Godzillas that appeared in Toho movies, so that means that DH Godzilla, Marvel Godzilla, and the HB Godzilla were not included in the list. And it's Hanna Barbara, not Hannah Barrarah. And of course they were gonna make the Japanese Godzilla win. You would have to be a complete moron to think that the American Godzilla would win.

Edited by Purgstall