Sign in to follow this  
Toku Warrior

Anime you are currently watching and/or Downloading

You definitely can't go wrong with Berserk.

As for Macross Frontier, the Valkyrie designs were cool. There wasn't much emphasis on the mechs, but more on the character. And yet again, it involves a love triangle, a famous singer, the music and a Valkyrie pilot as with all the other Macrosses. The massive mech Macross Quarter was cool though.

Hey, would anyone recommend the series 'Queen's Blade'? I've been curious about it and I want to know if anyone here has seen it and could tell me if it's worth watching.

Hey, would anyone recommend the series 'Queen's Blade'? I've been curious about it and I want to know if anyone here has seen it and could tell me if it's worth watching.

Unless your a fan of thin plot lines forcing large busted, armored females to fight, and strip each other pretty much every episode... It's best you avoid it.

Truthfully it was an H-Game that became too popular for it's own good, but was never hardcore, so they figured a very fan-servicey heavy show would work... And I guess it's fans followed because they have a PSP game that is coming, or is out now.

Watching Bleach after long break. 172-227 eps.

And Berserk was awesome! I watched it two times already.

Yeah, I think the PSP game is out considering they have the Theme songs up for download at Tokyotosho. thanks for the advice. I'll probably put it on a back burner list of series that I'll just save for a rainy day for when I'm bored but I won't mess with it right now.

Downloading RahXephon 26. And being inspired by the recent topic, I watching Naruto x))

finnaly got to watch the later half of the second season of Gundam 00. It was well worth catching up to it, even if some of it made no sense. But the fights were awesome and it had a nice message. Also, the battle with the retro-classic Gundam Mobile Suite was delightfully unexpected.

Gundam 0 VS Exia.....that was purely one of the best Gundam fights of that series alone and one of the top 5 in Gundam history in my book.

I have currently been watching a few new anime series.

Seikon no Qwaser

Omamori Himari

Ookami Kakusei

Lets see here

Started watching Zeta Gundam, finished War in the Pocket and Stardust Memory, rewatched the original movies and 08th MS team. I'm hoping to finish all the series in the Universal Century so I'm caught up with Unicorn! War in the Pocket and 08th MS team are gold, and the original movies compilation is still good. Stardust Memory has some big flaws though, the drama is really forced, so are the relationships, and Delaz Fleet's true objective doesn't make much sense. It's great backstory for Zeta Gundam though, I'd be completely lost without seeing it. Zeta Gundam is pretty good considering how different Amuro is from Kamille, and how well they balance old and new characters. Even with how old these series are, they still blow Gundam Seed out of the water.

Finished the first season of Tentai Senshi Sunred. This show should be watched by every member of this board. It's the story of a Tokusatsu hero living his everyday life while still fighting an Evil Organization. Everyone watch it!

I think I'm going to start watching Black Lagoon. I watched the first two episodes, and it caught my interest. But why would a black guy be nicknamed Dutch?

I decided to watch Fate/Stay Night on a whim. Pretty average series. I liked that the protagonist/harem owner actually fought, but he still never really shined. The ending wasn't very good either, filler ending I'm guessing. Still better than Kurokami though, and could have been worse.

I was bored enough to keep watching Bleach filler, ugh, worst filler arc ever. Did like that fight between Zangetsu and Ichigo, other than that the whole thing was a pile of doodoo.

Naruto actually did a good job with the last canon arc. They didn't screw up the animation like they did with the Gaara rescue arc and they weren't stuck at a bridge for three episodes again! :mrgreen: Definitely a good job, but I kind of feel like the fight between Sasuke and Itachi was a little too short, it felt longer in the manga. I really wish they did more scenes with Susanoo. Next canon arc will be really good too considering the blitzkrieg pace the manga has been taking lately. Just hope they don't spread it out over too many seasons.

I watched Mao Dante a little while back. Anything Go Nagai related is awesome in my book, but this anime doesn't really add much. They really just lengthened a decent short manga into a sub-par short anime. Doesn't have a real ending either. This just reaffirms how much I want to see original Devilman/Violence Jack storyline completely animated.

Brotherhood's still great, I'm kind of afraid that the ending will be filler, but they are still following the manga perfectly. Could they have animated the ending before the manga finished? I really hope so!

Started watching Saint Seiya Lost Canvas. It's weird knowing now that this isn't canon, so anything could happen. I really hope the Heaven Saga of the original story gets animated one day, hopefully it'll have the same art quality as this series.

Finally managed to find subs for Slayers Try. Nothing ground breaking, same old Slayers stuff. I have wonder why they haven't animated the original story past Hellmaster Fibrizo in Slayers Next. Everything since then has been non-canon. I mean there's a point where you want to make money off a series, but the light novels ending awhile ago right?

Also started watching Birdy Decode. Really disappointed, they took the original story and made it into generic crap. Why does Birdy have to be a model, why does she need an alter ego! I really doubt that I'll like the ending to this series.

I'm doing my anime viewing at a much slower rate but I am also keeping it to where I watch a certain amount of series at a time.

Currently:

Kamen Rider W (Double)

Tensou Sentai Goseiger

Gosei Sentai Dairanger

Black Lagoon OVA series

Kaichou wa Maid-sama!

HEROMAN

FMA Brotherhood (1 episode left and then the series is over with)

Bleach

Naruto Shippuuden

Just finished:

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou!

Waiting to watch (and/or continue with):

Ookami-san (this series looks good but I wish they would have done without that annoying narrator that talks nearly through the whole episode)

Digimon: Xros Wars

Senkou no Night Raid!

Armor Hero

Arakawa Under the Bridge

Durarara!!

Fairy Tail

Shinsengumi Kitan

KisxSis TV

Mayoi Neko Overrun!

Working!!

and too many more to bother naming at the moment....

I'm also now starting the new anime series, "Highschool of the Dead". The animation of this series is really nice and it just grabs my attention from the get-go.

Well I finished Yu Yu Hakusho, and am watching Bleach now. It gets annoying when VIZ censors the action and blood ALOT. But I think I am gonna start watching Slayer here soon as well.

Desert Punk, probably one of the funniest anime I've seen in a long time. Also, one of the few where the English Dub is arguably better then the Japanese dub. The actors and rewriting made it much funnier then the original dialog in most scenes. So that means, when you see the series, try out the English dub.

And yes, Rain Spider is my favorite character in the anime, and I am totaly going to try to dress up liek him in holoween.

Currently watching Spice and Wolf 2nd season.

although im not sure its actually considered an anime, i just finished the "Avatar: The Last Airbender" sereis that was on nick a while back. i watched it to compare it to the movie, and i really liked it.

Before that, i watched DragonBall Z again, which i enjoyed, but over two hundred episodes got to be annoying.

I also watched Ruroni Kenshin, which i thought was decent. And then Yu Yu Hakusho, which i vaguely remembered from begin a kid, and absolutely loved. Kurama all the way.

I used to watch bleach, and i used to love it. I got up to the arrancar (appologize for spelling, its been a while) arc, and then they dove into all these side arcs and i just gave up. The side arcs were annoying before, but there was like two or three in a row. and i read up on the new episodes, and now their zanpakos become people? too much for my taste.

Rewatching Slam Dunk via animax. Too bad the interhigh tournament was never animated. Would have been cool to see Sakuragi save the game against last years champion.