Sign in to follow this  
Toku Warrior

Anime you are currently watching and/or Downloading

Guest Frost

say how about you guys post your opinion also about the anime's you are currently watching like good,bad,ok or must watch that way other members can also have fun and we can have something more to talk about :)

Wow, been awhile. Kind of off-topic but I've finished a lot of Kamen Rider series!

I oddly stopped watching Naruto. Maybe it's because I hate crunchyroll's video player and Naruto filler, but I think for the most part I'm only going to read the manga now.

I just realized I never mentioned that I've been watching One Piece almost religiously without fail every Saturday night. It never gets old!

Guin Saga, Shin Mazinger Z, and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood are all top notch shows and have yet to disappoint me.

I'm still amazed at how much I like watching Dragon Ball Kai even though I've seen it all before.

I have so much free time lately, I even decided to try finishing Ranma 1/2. I have like 4 seasons to go along with the OVAs though, could take awhile.

I'm not in the mood to watch Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei lately, so I stopped that. I might be growing tired of the series like I did with Jigoku Shoujo, but I actually had a distinct loathing for what happened to that series.

Right now, I've been watch Tekkaman Blade and it's awesome. Smeg, i'm think of getting the american release of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom cause Blade is now an unlockable character in the game. I say my friend got ripped cause he got the import from Japan.

Watching an awesome show from 70' - Candy Candy :razz:

I watched some of this when I was little, but remember nothing.

And also downloading third of nine One Piece movies (Chopper's Kingdom on the Island of Strange Animals).

My friend recently gave me these titles:

[a4e]Ghost_in_the_Shell_TV_01-26

[a4e]Great_Teacher_Onizuka_01-43

[A-E_&_Saizen]_Shigurui_01-12

[A-Kraze]_Ergo_Proxy_hdtv

[KAA]_Texhnolyze_01-22.DVD(Complete)

[shinsen-Subs] Blood+

Berserk

Black Lagoon

Code Geass R2

Code Geass.-.1-23.XVID

Death Note

Elfen Lied

Fate-Stay Night

Gantz

Gundam 00

Gundam 00 S2

Kurozuka

Macross Zero

Mnemosyne

Samurai 7

Samurai X Trust

School Days

Sword of the Stranger [bluRay,1080p,x264,DTS] - Yoroshiku-THORA.mkv

What is recommended?

[A-E_&_Saizen]_Shigurui_01-12

[A-Kraze]_Ergo_Proxy_hdtv

[KAA]_Texhnolyze_01-22.DVD(Complete)

[shinsen-Subs] Blood+

Berserk

Black Lagoon

Code Geass R2

Code Geass.-.1-23.XVID

Death Note

Elfen Lied

Fate-Stay Night

Gantz

Gundam 00

Gundam 00 S2

Kurozuka

Macross Zero

Mnemosyne

Samurai 7

Samurai X Trust

School Days

Sword of the Stranger [bluRay,1080p,x264,DTS] - Yoroshiku-THORA.mkv

What is recommended?

Wow, nice collection. Based on what I've seen, I would recommend the following:

Great Teacher Onizuke - about a gang boss becoming a teacher.

Berserk - set in medieval times. Good series with lots of violence.

Code Geass - Not sure how to summarize but R2 is the second season which continues the unfinished story of the first season.

Deathnote - About a notebook that can kill a person by just writting down his/her name on it.

Gundam 00 - Well, it's gundam. Robots and the like.

Also, I've just seen episode 25 of Shin Mazinger via Keyhole TV. It was kickass. It's been such a long time since I've seen a show with hot bloodedness. Imagawa is such a genius. The last time I've felt like this when I watched Gurren Lagann.

Ah I've seen Death Note I probably should have mentioned that haha.

I watched the first episode of Elfen Lied, it is pretty damn good (nude psychic murder spree ftw).

Black Lagoon also looks promising, as does Mnemosyne.

Black Lagoon is an amazing series. You'll like it.

Fate/Stay Night is also a great series.

As for me....hmmm.....

Here's all the series I have so far to watch or are still watching on harddrive (both anime and non-anime):

Ninpuu Sentai Hurricanger

Samurai Sentai Shinkenger

Kamen Rider Black

Kamen Rider Black RX

Kamen Rider Amazon

Kamen Rider SkyRider

Kamen Rider W (Double)

Armor Hero

Fuuma no Kojirou

K.O. 3an Gou

Koishite Akuma (Vampire Boy)

Mei-Chan no Shitsuji

Tokyo Ghost Trip

Tomica Hero Rescue Fire

Ben 10 Alien Force (it's not an anime but it's still good)

07-Ghost

Basquash!

Bleach

Fullmetal Alchemist - Brotherhood

KissXSis

Naruto Shippuuden

Pocket Monsters

Slayers

Umineko no Naku Koro ni

Valkyria Chronicles

Yuusha Reideen

Asu no Yoichi!

Asura Cryin'

Choas Head

Chouja Reideen

Chrome Shelled Regios

Fairy Musketeer Akazukin

Gaiking

Genshiken

Gigantic Formula

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Season 2 and Season 3

Kemeko DX

K-ON!

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS

Murder Princess OVA

Nagasarete Airantou

Omnyou Taisenki

Powerpuff Girls Z

The Meloncholy of haruhi Suzumiya Season 2

Toradora!

Vampire Knight

Vampire Knight Guilty

White Album

Those are just the series I have on External HD that I'm both watching and haven't started yet.

Berserk

Death Note

Elfen Lied

Gantz

Gundam 00

Gundam 00 S2

Samurai 7

Can't speak for a couple of them because I never saw them but avoid Blood+, Code Geass, and be prepared for some border-pedo-guro-crap for Elfen Lied. Macross Zero might be okay, I just hate the idea of music combining with fighting. You have to watch Berserk. Make that your first priority, and then read the manga. It might be graphic but its so much more than say Gantz. Gundam 00 was a good series, better than most Gundam series. I've heard good things about Samurai 7, and Death Note was wonderful until the last couple episodes.

Just finished Elfen Lied... It is amazing. One of the best anime series I have ever seen. Mood swinging to the max.

Elfen Leid, I don't know about that. When it was shown, didn't trigger my interest.

I'm currently watching Kurogane no Linebarrel. It's a mecha anime based on a manga of the same name. Currently up til episode 10 and I'm still impartial of it. The mech designs does look cool though.

Ah I can't stop thinking about Elfen Lied haha... The Guyver OVA is my favourite series but damn... this is close or on par... I know there is weirdness like cousinly-incest and pedo kind of stuff going on but... Putting that aside the story, the characters and everything that happens is just amazing, sad, depressing, happy, exciting... rawr... Possibly the best short series ever (13 episodes), apart from Guyver (12 episodes).

I liked Elfen Lied, but it's too short and it has no conclusion. I was so disappointed with the ending I even read the manga. That definitely has an end, but it never really answers the questions it brings up. Kind of like how X-men 3 ended by just killing off all powerful mutants or depowering them...actually it's EXACTLY like that, in other words, a COP-OUT! Still it was definitely nice to read the manga. I just wish the author left the ending more open, and tried to answer if the Diclonius urge to kill humans was an inherent trait coded in their DNA, or just a reaction to how they had been stigmatized and segregated. If the [hide]other, other Lucy was the transmigration of some original Diclonius, or was it just part of her mental instability.[/hide] If Diclonius are a new evolution, or some mythological monster of old. (Well this part is covered to a fair amount in the manga.) And most importantly if that sicko really did bang his cousin.

I started watching Linebarrels of Iron, but I got annoyed by the 3rd episode. It's a hilarious idea, the protagonist choices to go against the trend set by Amuro Ray and just goes nuts instead, but the execution was awful. I think that's mostly because they still forced in the same formula as a regular show, where the pilot fails every meaningful fight, and let's the enemy get away but still manages to press on against the odds. In Amuro's case, your limited by fear of fighting, death, hurting others, concern for those around you. The protagonist of Kurogane no Linebarrel is limited by none of these things and still has the godhacks mech, but still he loses inexcusably. I can only attribute this to the weakness of the character, but he is neither humble nor witty about it. In summation, he has too many flaws, and no admirable traits. I really doubt that this character evolves. I bet that as the story progressed he just gets supported by more and more comrades right?

Well, he does mature after

the death of his friend Yajima

. Then he started to pilot Linebarrel seriously. Although still immature, like summoning Linebarrel just because he lost from a fist fight. But overall, I didn't hate him much as I hated him when the series started. And the other characters have started to rely on him. I've read the manga and way they portrayed the beginning was somewhat different. In the manga, he met Linebarrel 3 years prior when he was being bullied and wasn't realy that annoying.

edit: fixed spoiler tags.

Edited by durendal

Woo! Shin Mazinger Shougeki Z-Hen had one hell of an ending. I can only pray they remake the sequels as well.

I don't think I ever mentioned that Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger ended awhile ago, great as always, and the animation this season was beautiful. I just hope we don't have to wait another, what was it, 9 years for the next season.

Guin Saga ended but the subs aren't finished, so I have to wait a couple weeks. The series had an amazing opening, but after the Nosferus battle, when the Parros twins and Guin are no longer traveling the world but just meeting one member of royalty after another to get a strong enough army to retake Crystal, well its just boring. It was interesting how the focus then shifted to Naris', but then we have like 3 episodes where battles are supposedly happening but we see nothing but armies marching and no fighting. It'd be understandable as a build up for a big battle, but there aren't enough episodes left for that since the finale will focus on Guin and the Parros twins based on what happened in episode 24.

I suddenly decided to start watching Kurokami (an AMV looked pretty good). The shows has tons of potential after watching the first 2 episodes, but I was almost immediately disappointed after that. I'm up to episode 9, and I almost feel insulted that I'm expected to like these flashy charge up sequences and "special attack ends every fight" battles. Some shows do this well, actually lots of shonen shows do, but this show manages to fail at it despite its great animation and interesting back story. Take another show I'd rather be watching: Yushao GaoGaiGar (GaGa-Ga GaGa-GaoGaiGar! GaGa-Ga Ga-G-G-GaoGaiGar!) has even more over the top fights (Mecha using just as ridiculous abilities), and every fight ends with either Heaven and Hell or Goldion Hammer, but the fights are all colorful and varied otherwise. It may just be that the protagonist of Kurokami is a bit of pussy considering he has control over fire, his family was killed, and he's already fighting the people responsible for it but isn't the least bit vengeful. Anyone ever read the manga, "Alive - The Final Evolution"? Same basic plot, but the fights are a thousand fold better even though the character has much weaker powers.

I wonder how they will end Guin Saga since the original author had already passed away withot finishing the series?

For all those Inuyasha fans who wanted to see the manga volumes 35 to series end animated, well wait no more. Inuyasha now has it's second anime series installment with Eps.1-3 already available in fansub format by HorribleSub, Darksoul Subs, etc...

This new series is called Inuyasha Kanketsu-hen and it takes place right where the first series left off. Adult Swim will most likely be airing it sometime within the next year. The Opening theme of the series is called "Kimi ga Inai Mirai" by Do as Infinity who is known for most of the OP and ED themes of the first series. The ED theme for this series is called "With You" by AAA, known for doing the OP theme of 2007's Kamen Rider series, Kamen Rider Den-O.

I know I'm excited as I like the Inuyasha series and now I can finally get to see the rest of the magna in animated format. Now only if they'd do the same damn thing for Guyver. The first Inuyasha series ended back near the end of 2005 to early 2006. This means it's been nearly 3-4 years since it was in anime form. Maybe Guyver might just have a small chance after all.

Well, as i havent been able to watch too many animes since the summer, but heres a new list and rating of anime shows that i am still watching.

Shows I am Watching:

Heat Guy J- So far i am really enjoying it, i love the concept of the "Werewolves" genetic powers.

Tenchi Muyo Universe-I watched this show when i was about 7 on toonami. But i havent seen it for almost 9 years, and so i wanted to watch it again.

Code Geass-I started watching this show around last May, and so far i have really enjoyed it.

Claymore-A really great show, i reccomend this.

Shows to Finish:

Inyuyasha

Hellsing

Black Blood Brothers

Rosario + Vampire

Wolf's Rain

Gundam Series (Most of Them)

Finished Gantz last Tuesday and it was... different...

First episode was awesome, then it kind of dragged on until they got to the 3rd mission, which was amazing... Then everything after episode 21 was major crapola.

Finished Claymore last night... Wow! Amazing! Will definitely watch it again soon, last few eps are blah though.

Regarding Claymore, yeah, the last few episodes are really not that good because that was the point where the TV series skewed from the Manga. And I'm going to tell you, that's not what happened in the manga. I'm currently reading the Claymore manga and it's very good.

Right now I'm preparing to watch Berserk episodes. I already read manga up to 24-th volume and anime covers only 1-13 vols.

I love this manga. It's a great story and quality is awesome.