Sign in to follow this  
Toku Warrior

Anime you are currently watching and/or Downloading

Well, I have a lot of time on my hands when I'm not job hunting, doing yard work and small chores, and working on PS projects. Hence why I only have 25% of my DLed stuff to watch. This is stuff I've DLed over the past 4-5 years. So that's not a pretty bad track record.

What can I say. I truely love watching anime. Of course, If an anime doesn't appeal to my liking within 3-5 episodes I stop DLing it and scrap what I have of that series. And I always check with AnimeInfo to find out what I can about a series before I start DLing it.

thats a pretty good idea too... i use to buy whole box sets from best buy if i thought a show looked good. i bought blue gender cause it had some nice looking mecha on it.. so i thought it was gonna be a mech vs mech show, like gundam... boy was i wrong...

Yeah. Best thing to do, when you are thinking of picking up an anime from a store or DLing a new series, is one of 4 things.

1) Ask someone who's seen it what they think of it. If they happen to have the same tastes in a series as you do then that's a plus.

2) If a series has been out for a long while (between 4-18 months) try checking Wikipedia for some info cuz sure enough you might find out something.

3) Check local anime forums, ANN (Anime News Network), even info sites such as http://www.animenfo.com/ can be usueful for this step.

4) The final thing you can do, especially if you want to DL a series, is do the 3-5 episode run. DL the first 3-5 episodes of a series and see if you like them. I've found some people can't get past even the first episode of a series without screaming at the top of their lungs in disgust. Hell, I couldn't even get past the first 5 minutes of Eps.1 of Kamen Rider Hibiki without shutting it off and deleting it (and I love tokusatsu series).

Try one of these 4 methods and I'm sure you'll be able to decide if a series is right for you.

I downloaded Spirited Away ages and ages ago, but bought the DVD last Friday for $13... Win

I had Vol 5 of the Guyver anime and am going to hopefully get the rest by the end of the year ($28 each), I also have the Afro Samurai series, random DBZ DVDs, The Castle Of Cagliostro and the 12-part Guyver OVA on VHS, plus Street Fighter Alpha The Movie on DVD.

I'm looking to buy Ninja Scroll on DVD as I lost the burnt version I had, but it's around $30.

I need more anime!!!

Afro Samurai kicks balls... Is there any word on a second series? I'd love to get my hands on that...

Speaking of which, there is something about a new dragonball series or ova...

I'll find the link and make a thread...

Naruto Shipuudden

Bleach

One Piece

Rosario+Vampire Capu 2

Gundam 00 Season 2

Vampire Knight Season 2

Hajime no Ippo Season 1 (Season 2 is coming!)

Blade of the Immortal

Slayers Revolution (It just ended)

Soul Eater (I know, it's crap)

Densetsu Hokuto no Ken

Hellsing OVAs

Jigoku Shoujo Season 3 whoo!

Mostly I read manga though.

Edited by Renegade

Hey Renegade, what do you think of Rosario+Vampire Capu2? I think it's funny how Moka's little sister hates her when she's in her normal state yet is head over heels when she's in her true battle form.

after Code Geass R2 and Macross Frontier ended, I m now only watching blade of the immortal.

I'm pretty disappointed actually. The manga had a much darker side in which Tsukune has to deal with the effects of vampire blood, such as devolving into a ghoul. He also had to fight a bunch of Gantz aliens (monster hybrids, considered muts) who were trying to destroy the barrier between Demon Academy and human world. There's also the encounter with the robbers who try to murder all his friends, and now there's the Ice Apparition plot which seems way bigger than anything in that could be in the anime.

Still, its plenty of laughs, but it could have been better if they just stuck to the manga, though that would quickly lead to filler considering how slow the publications are.

More importantly, Jigoku Shoujo Season 3!

I never did read the manga for R+V. It the ED Credtis for the second season you do see Tsukune's eye's glow red as if indicating a transformation.

Hey Renegade, is the R+V manga in English yet and if so what distributor is putting out?

while most of you are watching the new stuff, I'm going back to the oldies. Re-watching Gundam X, and soon after Gundam Wing again after so many years.

Also currently hunting down Zipang ...now that's an anime I heard about and want to watch. It's very much like the movie "The Final Countdown" except it's a Japanese Ship sent back int time instead of a US ship. The crew struggle on weather or not they should get involved in the war to save japan from defeat, or risk destroying the timeline, it's also one of the few anime to hint or even mention of usually omitted actions of Japan during WWII.

Hey, I watch the oldies too. I finished watching Gundam X just last month....for the 10th time. Then I watched Rurouni Kenshin season 1, Tsukihime, and Gundam F91 before that.

Guest Mystica_Caticus

Currently Watching:

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya

Lucky Star

To Heart

Sister Princess

Glass Fleet

Gundam Seed

Magic Knight Rayearth.

Suzumiya Haruhi, I watched that a few months ago but I didn't finish it (last episode remaining). I just don't get what all the Haruhi fever is all about. You mean to tell me that Haruhi is the center of the universe?

Also currently I'm watching Rah-Xephon for the first time. already got that a few years back but only get to watch it now. Very interesting story. Didn't know Izubichi was creator and director of Rah-Xephon.

Kurozuka

A tale told over hundreds of years, KUROZUKA follows Minamoto Yoshitsune (Kurou) as he embarks on a journey to the end of time with a beautiful, mysterious woman after she transforms him into a vampire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG4xQlGNydo

just started watching Tytania,a Space Opera Anime based on a Japanese novel series. Its new only 3 ep out but looks good so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJNf5QqLlsg

Edited by xfool

Those two look interesting. I'll have a closer look at these when I have the time. There is one series that I'm curious about. Linebarrel something. It's supposed to be a new show that's currently airing. Lots of Mecha. Anybody heard of it before?

I'm still watching over 24 series at once. I'm currently trying to finish:

These are just series that I either finished DLing but haven't burned to disc yet or series that I'm still DLing.

Rosario + Vampire Capu2 (as it's being released)

Kamen Rider Kiva (as it's being released)

Kamen Rider Ryuuki (as it's being re-released)

Slayers Revolution

Bleach (as it's being released)

Naruto Shippuuden (as it's being released)

Gundam 00 S2 (as it's being released)

Fairy Musketeer Akazukin

Gaiking

Genshiken

Gigantic Forumla

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai

Powerpuff Girls Z

Omnyou Taisneki

Nagasarete Airantou

Murder Princess

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS

Mai Otome Zwei

Vampire Knight

Vampire Knight Guilty (as it's being released)

Toradora! (as it's being released)

Kemeko DK! (as it's being released)

Chaos Head (as it's being released)

Enjine Sentai Go-Onger (as it's being released)

Once these series are done, I can start on the ones that are on disc.

Edited by Toku Warrior

Lunar really took their time releasing the last episode of Gigantic Formula. Already completed the series but still haven't bothered to watch it. I'm considering watching Linebarrel. anyone seen it yet?