Sign in to follow this  
Jess♥

Samurai Sentai Shinkenger - future info

I will quote from tv nihon forums :-

Samurai Sentai Shinkenger (2009 Sentai Series)

The name come's some various Websites Registered by Toei baring this name.

Also, some Info has Been Trickling out, take with a grain of Salt:

-Once again, we are getting a All Family Team (like Magiranger)

-Apparently, The Leader will be the Pink Ranger, who is the Mother of the Family

-Their are 2 Women (The Mother and a Daughter) as well as 4 Boy's, the Eldest of witch is Missing (possible Sixth Ranger).

-The Father is a Inventor who makes the team's gear.

-The Logo (witch will be on all there chests) will be a Samurai's Helm.

-The Henshin Device is a Belt Mounted "Rising Sun".

-The Mecha will be Animal's based on Japanese Folklore.

red has what looks like the symbol for fire,

green has teh symbol for tree,

yellow has the symbol for ground,

I think that is pink.. that looks like 'heaven'.

edit: blue is water

post-1-1223231482_thumb.jpg

post-1-1223231487_thumb.jpg

post-1-1223231491_thumb.jpg

post-1-1223231495_thumb.jpg

post-1-1223232064_thumb.jpg

Wow. That's gonna be interesting. So the Pink senshi is the leader this time 'round. Reminds me of Timeranger. I wonder if they can pull it off just right. And I pray that it's better than Go-onger.

Though, it's no wonder why we're starting to see rumors and snippets of the newer series as we are now in the 30's area of the Go-ongers' episode run.

I wonder how they will portray the villains in this years series.

Definently a nice find Ryuki.

to be honest, I think it looks dumb.

who knows how it will turn out, but my first impression reminds me too much of magiranger. of course that's hardly surprising considering some of those rumours.

Guest DekaRed

here are the suits

post-3-1223327944_thumb.jpg

and so of course someone has photoshopped them

post-3-1223327957_thumb.jpgpost-3-1223327966_thumb.jpgpost-3-1223327977_thumb.jpg

Is it me or has Sentai really started to go down hill?

I know both Hurricanger & Abaranger were great cuz I get nothing but wonderful reviews about those series. Dekaranger was ok but not as good as it's previous 2 predacessors. Magiranger was very kiddy but I found it interesting so I kept watching it. Boukenger was much better than Magiranger ever could be but it was still a bit kiddy. Gekiranger was funny in a lot of area but was so much better....even better than Dekaranger so it's close to Abaranger and Hurricanger. Go-onger is kind of a big let down though I've been hearing that it's starting to get a little better. I'm afraid of what Shinkenger will be like.

I think it seems better if you see it like this -

(I edited it from a kakuranger image)

post-1-1223657295_thumb.jpg

Guest DekaRed
Uh..... colored bathrobe?

i think they actually supposed to be kimono's. some people are speculating that if this series has a power-up mode, thats when we get to see samurai armour.

I think it seems better if you see it like this -

(I edited it from a kakuranger image)

Very interesting, dude.

Guest DekaRed

MECHA RUMORS:

-The Shinkenger Robot will be armed with a simple sword, and modeled after a Samurai. This robot will be able to undergo form-changes by arming itself with different samurai armors which are transformed from the Shinkenger mecha-beasts. The robot itself may either be based after, or transform from red's dragon mecha.

-The first armor, used for fightining aerial enemies, is a lightweight type of armor. It equips the robot with a bow. It is likely this mode is ShinkenPink's, with the robot using the Crane mecha as armor.

-The second armor will be a more robust, heavy armor. While the robot itself is supposedly equipped for ground combat, it is likely this is referring to ShinkenBlue, and the turtle mecha. This mode will arm the robot with a Spear Weapon.

-The third armor gives the robot use of a Broad-Axe weapon. This is likely ShinkenGreen's horse-mecha mode.

-The fourth gives use of a Naginata. This is likely ShinkenYellow's tiger-mecha mode.

-The fifth gives the robot the use of a cannon. It is unknown what animal this represents.

oh, I should point out that I wouldn't have been looking for this information if dekared hadn't mentioned to me that there was information to be found.

Guest DekaRed
oh, I should point out that I wouldn't have been looking for this information if dekared hadn't mentioned to me that there was information to be found.

translation: i found it, ryuki posted it.

Definently a nice find Ryuki.

ye so, while i wait for ya's all to thank me for findin shinkenger, lol, finally we have more info, yay

So, it is time for an update on the rumors thanks to the proven reliable source (the guy who posted the early pics. All the recent mecha info/decade info has been from him)

It seems we now know the following about the Shinkenger mecha, thanks to a picture this poster was given:

-Blue's animal is the most clear. It is a Blue Dragon.

-Red's animal is thought to be a Lion, but the image is not clear.

-Green's animal is not so clear, he thinks it could be a Bear, or possibly still a Turtle

-Yellow and Pink's animals are not shown in their mecha forms, but only as arms to the gattai robot, (pink as right arm, yellow as left), so he is not sure what animals they have

-The robot's fists seem to be able to grasp things/open up (not exactly a revelation, but is nice to have a robo toy that can grip weapons.)

-Whatever animal Red actually is (lion being the most likely), its head will make up the chest of the robot, with the rest of red's mecha becoming the body and head.

-Green and Blue's animals' heads are positioned as feet when they form the legs. (Green as right leg, blue as left)

Also, an update on the Henshin Devices:

While the devices are stored ala the DoronChangers, they are actually cellphones when folded out. The antennae are supposed to have the respective Kanji of each ranger.

The brush mentioned before is actually transformed from the antennae of the phone, allowing the user to write kanji onto the phone's LCD screen, which will be able to call for a whole host of things (henshin, weapons, mecha, attacks, etc.)

The Kanji displayed in the picture on the screen, according to the poster is "Hen SHIN"

Guest DekaRed

yep, sorry, another cellphone morpher...

post-3-1226343694_thumb.jpg

post-3-1226343701_thumb.jpg

and possibly shinkenblue's weapon...

post-3-1226343708_thumb.png

Based on thefirst pictures shown in this thread, their visors looks like the kanji for the element they represent.

Yellow - Earth (土)

Pink - Can't see clearly but I can make out Heaven (天)

Green - Tree (木)

Red - Fire (火)

I've no idea what the blue one is but is sure has a vague resemblance to water (水)

Edited by durendal

yeap, that's what i meant when i was saying they have the symbol for (insert element here)

it would be cool if the blue ranger is a girl and they call her mizuki.

why ironic and why scary?

I'm curious.

because the reason i said that is because mizu means water.