Sign in to follow this  
Chernaudi

Random Thoughts About Guyver in Different Universes

I've been watching and researching various other TV shows and films and such, and I've become interested in how certain crossovers would be like.

In the past, I've mentioned Guyver and Twilight.  However, how would characters from Guyver get on at Hollywood Arts?  Or deal with computer hackers like in Eye Candy?  Granted, Victorious and Eye Candy both star the chick who's in my avatar.  And yes, I know that Victorious is a kid friendly teen/family sitcom and Eye Candy doesn't exactly deal with monstrous creatures.  But how would such a crossover work in you guys' minds and what's your opinions on such things?

Guyver is apocalyptic (literally) in its nature. Any 'normal' story it would be introduced in would be severely disrupted.

Frankly I feel the psychological impact of the fact all humans are just raw base material to create terrible biological weapons, made for the mysterious ends of unfathomable alien intelligences who rejected us as failures to boot is generally not treated very well in 'Guyver'. What did we get? A few moments of intense stress for Mizuki, which were only really used to set up the confrontation between Aptom and Sho.

I know that I can imagine few things worse than a crossover between Victorious and Guyver.  Victorious is a girly teen sitcom, while Guyver a pretty dead effin' serious manga and anime for what is typically aimed at the shonen (pre-teen/teen boys) demographic. However, I'd do it for laughs and not to be taken seriously.  A more serious one would be if Guyver and Eye Candy were integrated into the same universe, because Eye Candy was a pretty dark show considering it was shown on MTV a few years back. 

That being said, I don't think very many fans of Guyver would bat an eye at Lindy Sampson from Eye Candy or Jade West from Victorious doing some violent shit to say Genzo Makishima if they got the chance.