Sign in to follow this  
Jess♥

Yuki's blog

i can understand that.

i can't get my ideas out quickly enough. that is why i don't like doing the art design of a game level.

I have learned how to fight my battles, that i have to compromise on certain things that i would LIKE to have a certain way, and what is most efficient in terms of the bigger picture.

like my castle in minecraft, I'm not so ambitious that i was going to level a whole mountain to build a flat castle, instead i built around the castle and worked like a medieval planner probably would have. flatten some small minor parts, but for the most part, work with the landscape.

I should really learn to comprimise. I can do it with other people, in fact I'm usualy great at solving disputes and getting people to see things from the others point of view. It was actualy part of my therapy for depresion. Cognitive therapy I think it was called, but anyway for some reason I'm always less forgiving with myself and a bit too quick to get dishartened when I cant do things perfectly the first time.

Only seems to be with my artistic ability though. Most other things I try and try again till its right. I dont know why I'm like that. Maybe if I work it out it'll help.

Anyway I apear to be derailing what is YOUR blog...

I may have a look into Minecraft. I used to get carried away with things like Sim city and play that for days on end.

I had an appointment today so i didn't think i would get any work done, but i made time to do some work and was very pleased to do 2.5 hours work.

I've realised that the character i am working on is rather complex and is proving more work than past pages.

I'd like to take less time on this but i also want the quality to be good.

well it looks good anyhow. also, I recently did some studying into colour balance so i am particularly pleased with the colours i have used.

AWWWW :cry:

it's so hard!!!!

this character is so complex, and the original drawings are really not very good. :(

I'm having to recreate some of them and with others it is just a real headache correcting some lines and even adding in necessary detail that is missing in the sketch.

what a pain.

well I'm almost finished. I have one more panel to do.

a full body shot. oh joy. :lol:

well at least i can see the finish line. :cool:

HOORAY!

I finished the hard work!!

now it's a case of fiddling with colour balance.

today i purchased a video camera.

it is being shipped from hong kong so it might be a while in arriving.

I would like to work towards Vlogging.

I'm pretty nervous about that though, so i think i will start off with videoing a few things i see on my travels and giving some commentary.

it's like the next step, from photographing things. i often see things that i just want to grab a picture of. interesting things such as this baby - post-1-129356383558_thumb.jpg

it was just sitting on the wall as i walked past.

this brick - post-1-129356390719_thumb.jpg

it was broken there when i walked past.

this bike - post-1-129356394637_thumb.jpg

that was parked as i walked past.

i went to wikipedia and followed the links on the japanese names page.

hah hah, I like it.

I don't honestly know if I am able to choose a faux surname though. I don't think it's possible since I obviously have no Japanese parents, but maybe there is a process whereas a surname can be taken on.

then I would need to look at what is available. I don't think Ryuki would be.

I got my video camera today.

excellent. now I need to decide on my subject.

I'm thinking I want to offer a way to learn English.

but I don't want to be too focused on English.

this way, a person who is already good at English, can view the videos comfortably.

I also want to offer a cultural window. so people can learn about my culture and hopefully ask questions to prompt me to do more interesting videos.

Nice idea about the videos, you should really give it a try.

Also good idea about getting a Japanese name. In my travels I amassed quite a few nicknames and the like. In china I actualy had two. I consider them actual names rather than nicknames like the others. It took about a month to be called something other than Gwailo. Which basicly is slang for white foreigner. It wasn't really used in that much of a hateful way as it can sometimes be used. It took me a while to realise that they had started calling me Zhiqiang (Sounded like Shi Tsian) I suposedly means stubourn or forcefull will. Something like that. However the name that gives me the most pride is my fighting name. Which should be given by your Sifu when he thinks you have earned it. Its usualy based on your style. Its a long story but in the best fight of my life (against my friend and teacher) he gave me the name JawLong, which means "like a dragon". Thats pretty much the highest honour I could ever get in that world, and it still makes me emotional.

I've mentioned before that I'd really like to go to japan for a while (Maybe a year or so) and it would be nice to have a name there. It is better when that name is given though. That way you know it isn't ego based even if it does flatter you.

i like zhiqiang XD

yeah, I've started making videos.

I'm wondering if i will post them in this blog.

i think... yes i will post any 'vlog' like videos in this blog.

but not the ones that are more informative, like english study or culture study.

i will post two here just now -

edit:

i forgot the video description does not show :-

I received this phone strap today from a friend.

ROCK LEE!!

I love rock lee, and somebody knows it all too well! :D

thanks!

We've hadalot of orange, red and purple skys up here over the past month. They can be really breat taking. Usualy when I'm having a hard day I just stop whatever it is I'm doing (if I can... obviously not while someones in cardiac arrest) and look around. Properly look around. Buildings, trees, the sky. Its all prety beautiful if you can learn to apriciate it. Not enough people take in and apricaite what they are looking at.

BTW awesome Rock Lee key ring. Him and Shikamaru are my favorate Naruto characters. Oddly oposing eachother now that I think of it.

this is the first time I have talked to a camera.

I watched it back and noticed that I was fairly non-committal in places. I want to be more decisive.

I guess it would help to imagine talking to somebody I already know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy12OdJtCzw

today i found a package waiting for me,

I thought "strange, I haven't ordered anything" so i looked at the postmark...

AHA! I know that name, so what, I have a package from kenji? wow! i wonder what it is?

so i opened it up and lo and behold a wonderfully beautiful hand made christmas card!

wow, what a pleasant surprise! I was so happy to receive something so nice and not even expecting it ! :)

kenji, thank you very much for this card :)

it may be late but what does that matter when something is so well thought out and crafted. :smile:

I got an asterix book. since the ancient gaul was pretty much the same culture as ancient briton.

asterix :)

it's written and drawn by goscinny and uderzo, french guys i believe.

there are many. the one i chose this time is asterix and the normans.

I can tell you all about ancient briton if you're interested.

where they came from, where the tribes were, how ancient culture first started etc.

do you think it would make a good thread?

today i found a package waiting for me,

I thought "strange, I haven't ordered anything" so i looked at the postmark...

AHA! I know that name, so what, I have a package from kenji? wow! i wonder what it is?

so i opened it up and lo and behold a wonderfully beautiful hand made christmas card!

wow, what a pleasant surprise! I was so happy to receive something so nice and not even expecting it ! :)

kenji, thank you very much for this card :)

it may be late but what does that matter when something is so well thought out and crafted. :smile:

You're very welcome, Ryuki. :biggrin: I'm glad you like it; happy belated Christmas. :wub:

Asterix? As in Asterix and Obelix? I remember watching them as a cartoon when I was a child. They have this secret potion, when drank, will give them enhanced abilities.

that's it durendal! :)

it's a childhood thing for me, because I never had the money for comic books so the only source of anything like that was the library and they had asterix and tintin. i guess they had them because they were 'cultural' because back then they never had any graphic novels or comic books, it wasn't appropriate for the library.

thx kenji :)

Dude thats awesome! Kenji sent you a christmas card! I am so jealous!!!!! HAHAHAHA! Thats really cool though. And I am interested in this book you said it was about ancient briten right? Does it intel ireland as well? If it doesnt, I am still quite interested in it and would like to take a peak at it.

Oh, and about your film, you mentioned about commenting about giving money to homeless...well my family has always given the homeless some money when they approached us and asked, we never went out of our way, but when they did ask my father would usually give them a ten or twenty, something I've grown up to do as well. It feels amazing knowing your blessing someone else fianacially. We got that trait from my fathers mother's side of the family I believe, I would encourage you to do so too. Next time someone else that appears to be homeless asks I would encourage you to do what you think is right. Not to pressure you to give them money or anything like that, but do what your heart tells you to do. Not everyone that appears to be homeless is indeed homeless. There are fakes but blessing them is indeed an amazing feeling, and God knows the differance between the fakes and the real homeless people, and he will return those blessing back to you.

As far as that church, that was amazing! It was huge!