Sign in to follow this  
Jess♥

Yuki's blog

you're welcome. I'm happy to share my feelings anytime. blog is for sharing feelings. like a diary. you can read or not read, up to you.

headache seems to be lessening.

batman is on tv and i playing on resi 5 and sheva not so bad.

also i had a cup of tea i been waiting for all day. nice relaxing.

I need to think about what project i work on and what is good for me and what is not good for me.

I need to look after my health.

i'm a little concerned about money. I still have found no way to get any income. and i am sure that at some point i will need to pay the lease on this server.

i'm concerned that i may not be able to pay it. I must pay it though. it is my responsibility so I must find a way. I will find a way.

the universe will support me.

I know you'll find something ryuki. I've only known you for a little bit over a year, and yet you still dont cease to amaze me. With you're knowledge of things, wisdom of situations, work capabilities of art, and just an overall great view on life. :cool: I know it will turn out good in the end, and watch we'll probably end up joking about this in another topic. ;)

Edited by Mirabilis

well thank you very much mirabilis :)

actually, I have been having business classes. I have found networking clubs and have been to local organisations to find funding for a project.

so hopefully soon, I can get my project running and eventually start to get interest from advertisers.

when i get it running, I will be certain to let you guys know.

i had some issues with the business classes. travel was proving costly.

i want to try and email them and see if they can subsidise the travel somehow. but before i do that i want to see how i am going to get funding.

I've still not heard back from hte people i have contacted.

I don't feel very enthusiastic about it considering how i've had no responses.

it's hard to get motivated these days.

I've started working with the halflife 2 development kit. I want to improve my knowledge and skills with game development. I want to reinforce what i enjoy doing, what i enjoy creating.

if i can produce some good game mods, I have a better chance of getting the attention of development houses.

I've joined a game development community online.

I do enjoy talking about game development. talking about game systems, design elements etc.

what a wonderful boxing day.

I made my plans. go to town to get the game i wanted and then go to a party at my brothers at around 4pm.

it's a tradition every boxing day for me to take whatever money i get and make sure i get something decent to honour the person who gave the money.

this year my grandma gave money. so I planned to honour my grandma by getting a decent gift and of course you always need to get there before the good stuff is gone in the sale.

I planned to get up early but because my mum had woken me up 3 hours too early on xmas day i was pretty tired and woke up at 20 past 3.

there was plenty of time to go to town though.

my mum came to me complaining because she wanted to rush off and she was waiting for me because of the treacherous weather.

i said ok, I would be going with them, I just needed to get the game from town. (we don't live far from the shops)

when i came downstairs she told me she wasn't going to wait for me and was going now.

I was a bit taken aback, i don't know where this was coming from. I said i wouldn't be long, but then i said i thought, if they are going in the car, they can go via town and i can pick up my game and then we can all go straight to the party together.

but of course that is too much trouble for them. a 5 minute detour is not acceptable in their world.

I was really looking forward to the party so i rushed to go to town and get back in tome to go.

on my way across the paths i found that it was ice and i actually slipped and i fell.

it was quite painful, but i continued and got the game i wanted and returned home.

the house was empty.

I can't believe my family would not bend at all. so I have been sitting at home recovering from the fall and warming up again.

I had not bought any food because i was looking forward to go to the party and eating lots with my family.

instead i was sat at home, in pain from falling, cold and hungry with nobody around.

by the time i felt ok to get up and walk around without hurting, It was too late to even think about trying to walk to my brothers party. it was quite a way and would take 25 minutes or so even with normal pavements. with such ice on the paths and the road, it would have been far too late and i am sure everyone would be planning to go home by then.

so i decided to go to my friends house instead. i could pick up some food on the way there and we could play games late into the night.

there was still ice around but i figured i can go on my bike on the roads.

at one point i decided it was safer to go past a junction on the pavement instead of the road and the ice was cleared at this section. unfortunately it was not completely cleared around the corner.

my bike went from under me and i ended up looking at the sky.

why does this happen to me on this day?

I was almost ready to laugh my ass off as i was looking at the sky and i felt like just putting my head down and lying there watching the clouds.

i didn't as i thought if somebody saw they might think i was badly hurt.

so anyway, when i got to my friends i was with quite a headache from the impact i had taken.

i managed to get back home without any serious problem. I had to hold onto people's fences at times to make sure i was safe. the roads had become slippy because it had rained...

oh well, what a hell of a day. tomorrow should be better anyway!

my xbox gone faulty :(

it froze. then the screen went black. then it showed 4 red lights. T_T

what can i do...?

Nuke Mircosoft!

No, seriously there is a couple of ways to fix it.

The famous easy trick is the Towel fix.

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/xbox-360-red-ring-towel-fix/93174

But there is the more hands on approach.

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/xbox-360-red-ring-of-death/293647

Of course you can send it off to Microsoft for a warranty repair, but I wouldn't recommend that.

After it's fixed, I recommend that you get a third party cooling unit to make sure it keep from overheating just in case. I believe the one that my friend has is from Nyko and it just hooks on to the bottom of the 360.

oh, brilliant!

thank you dude. that is comforting.

I am a little worried though. I got 4 lights on one occasion. but not 3.

maybe this is generally the same issue?

after all, it seems to be a problem with display. i read that 4 red lights means a problem with the display cable.

but of course i already tried my brothers cable and that didn't fix it. so I thought it is more than likely to do with the display hardware.

hmmm. maybe i can attempt this. it seems pretty straight forward.

if i have trouble i can always get some help.

now I have my xbox open.

but i can't get at the x clamps because i need a T8 screwdriver head... the smallest i have is T10.

hmm, so i have to wait.

I think this system is really badly designed.

there is so much space in the box. and i can't believe they would use such a standard DVD drive. there is smaller and more efficient DVD drive in the world.

I guess it's a cost thing.

Ah, an Xbox. A console that I've never even touched yet. With your Xbox faulty, at least there are a lot more other things that you can do.

And yes, I think that most next gen games uses too much space. Just look at the PSX, the first gen came out the size of a large bible. A few years later, you get one the size of a small notebook. The same thing with the PS2, first release was bulky, but the re-release was very slim and light. I wonder how small the re-release of the PS3 will get. I don't think I've ever seen an Xbox light.

weeeeelllllll

I did all that i could, and then closed it up again.

switched it on and first thing - four red lights. :(

so whatever i did, didn't stop it from freezing, it basically exacerbated the issue. :lol:

ah so i think it is screwed. so I did the towel trick.

now it works :D:lol:

I wonder how long for though.....

ah wells... I think i need to buy a new one just to make sure.

the early models were, but i think the newer ones are pretty reliable.

I'm no expert though.

so anyway, i ju8st played a few missions on red faction. good stuff.

well I think it works like this-

when i looked at my gpu and heatsink, the connecting paste seemed to have melted all away from the important areas. so the connection was not good so the heat wasn't dissipating properly. so i moved all the goop onto the important areas and kinda mashed it about to try and even it up. when i put the heatsink back on, i guess that because the goop was cold, maybe it was still lumpy and not connecting properly. so i think that by doing the towel trick, wrapping a towel around to increase the internal heat, helped to melt the goopy stuff and make it connect to the heatsink properly.

that's my thought. I could be wrong, but at least it worked.

of course i am a little scared now that it may stop working again.

I guess i can save up my money for a new one.

If your saving money to buy a new one, then why not upgrade it to an Xbox 360? Or that's already the 360?

When you get to a point where you need to do certain things for your console to work, that means it's nearing the end of its life cycle.

During my PSX days, I had to tilt my console sideways, even upside down on some occassions for it to work. Unfortunately, this trick doesn't seem to work on my PS2.

How long have you been using that Xbox and what's your average play time per day? Maybe your xbox has already outlived it's normal usage capacity.

it's a xbox360 :)

so.. I play it on average between 2 - 5 hours a day.

I bought it from woolworths in august 2007.

actually thinking about it now.. if I bought it in aug 07, then my warranty should have lasted to aug 2010.

when i put my serial number in the microsoft site it said my warranty was expired.

I'm a bit pissed off at that.. it should have been in warranty and now i have opened it up so it's too late.

assholes. :evil:

yeah i remember that trick with the psx. the lens would drop down and would not focus. so turning it upside down or sideways lifted the lens against the disc.

Wow, 3 years warranty? Our warranty normally lasts for 1 year, and if we buy converted consoles, meaning they can play english or japanese games (pirated), it shortens to 6 months.

Perhaps when you bought it they would require you to send in the warrant card or something. Maybe your xbox was put on the shelf for a long time, which is why when you bought it, your warranty was already running. I know that when you purchase appliances there is the warranty card which you need to fill up and send to the manufacturer to verify that you just got the unit, and not a few months ago when the retailer got it.

If your saving money to buy a new one, then why not upgrade it to an Xbox 360? Or that's already the 360?

When you get to a point where you need to do certain things for your console to work, that means it's nearing the end of its life cycle.

During my PSX days, I had to tilt my console sideways, even upside down on some occassions for it to work. Unfortunately, this trick doesn't seem to work on my PS2.

How long have you been using that Xbox and what's your average play time per day? Maybe your xbox has already outlived it's normal usage capacity.

You know, they really shouldn't have that limitation. I mean, a good car can, with the proper care and matenance, last about 40 years or so. My old Genesis handles just as well as it did when I got it, and that was a long time ago. It's kind of stupid that these next gen consoles can't seem to do the same.

it is probably to do with the company.

I actually would expect a nintendo console to last a very long time.

i have not really heard anything about faulty gamecubes or n64, etc.

durendal, I am not sure about the warranty actually. I believe it is 3 year because of something i read.

I don't know if it came with a warranty card. you are probably right, the shop probably had it on shelf for a long time. it was probably manufactured more than 8 months before i bought it. that is quite shocking really. how can they have it in storage for that long? wow.

I am surprised that you can get any kind of warranty on a console that has been modified. I guess that marks a difference in culture.