Jess♥

Yuki's blog

Ah. You like to take your time with the paint jobs, and to make sure that you get it just right, right?

Ah. You like to take your time with the paint jobs, and to make sure that you get it just right, right?

I've had a lot of practice so I would say it doesn't take me nearly as long as it used to and i can get a pretty nice job done with a relatively small amount of time.

I don't spend a lot of time on these because i want to consider my client. I don't want to milk the job as i might be tempted to do with somebody i don't particularly like :badgrin: .

I want to do a good job and yet keep the cost reasonable.

also.. if i spend too long on a colour, I get tired of it.

the last one I did of sho and mizuki actually really depressed me towards the end. i spent way too long on that.

heh heh yeah , I think you have an idea ;)

I got back up to the stage where i was. almost.

and i think some parts were slightly improved as well so that's good.

i managed to recover some work, it was quite clever.. i found that somehow.. I dunno how.. a jpeg file was saving the paths data.

so a previous preview file i sent to hte client... helped me to recover teh line art for that panel.

it was a jpeg file saved as an attachment to a pm, so i went in my sent items folder, saved that file and lo and behold, the paths were there!!

on the first page? I'm pushing to get it done in a couple of days, provided I can get in the mindset.

I was planning on working solidly on it today, you never know i might finish the first page tonight.

Is it something that you've never done before the image I mean, or is something that people ask you to draw quite often?

sorry mirabilis, I'm not sure what you mean.

could you rephrase it please?

Ah, sorry bout that guys. :redface:

Is the peice that you are currently working on, something entirely new to you, the image I mean. Or is it something that you've done before, like someone picked off of a menu sort of thing.

it's entirely new. kinda.

I won't say much about it because it is the clients call.

but i can say that i have worked on this project before under different circumstances. i am not really a sketch artist so i am just colouring this time.

I did have to repeat work on this though as somehow i lost my data.

yeah, i'm saving in folders this time.

do not wanna lose data.

I'm glad to have finished work on the first stage of my current project.

I would like to show you guys because i am very proud of the work I did.

I will leave it up to the client though wether or not it can be shown.

awesome. :)

thanks kenji.

here ya go guys, this is what i have been working on for my mystery client. (ha ha, like you can't guess who it is)

long while, I started drawing a webcomic of kenji's story "son of mine", but i quickly tired of it since i don't like sketching.

this time, the original sketches are done by another person. I took the sketches to digitally ink and paint it.

my work on this is the lines, which are guided by somebody else original sketchwork. the colours, shading and text placement.

post-1-1239558830_thumb.jpg

I'm pissed off with paypal.

they took money off me.

they charged me £4 for recieving a payment.

bastards.

i guess that's how they do business. :(

Yeah i know what you mean man. Sorry to hear that, business's can be very corrupt at times.

Nice work though. It looks amazing! :biggrin:

Hey Ryuki, that's an awesome piece of webcomic you got there!

How do you make those smooth lines? I have troubles using my program to digitally color or digitally ink

Edited by Mike123

Hey Ryuki, that's an awesome piece of webcomic you got there!

How do you make those smooth lines? I have troubles using my program to digitally color or digitally ink

thanks,

to make those smooth lines, i used the pen tool in photoshop.

takes a while, but it's a nice result.

Yeah, it does take a while. I've been looking for shortcuts for it, but I guess if you want good results, you have to spend time

yeah it takes practice. it has taken a long time to become skilled with the pen tool.

now i can do what i want pretty quickly and efficiently.

I'm not very happy today. I was going to work on something but i found that the person who was preparing it had done what i view as half a job.

now i am concerned that people might not want to visit our site because they might think this place is hostile.

now i have an headache. i think it's because my sleep was disturbed as i have a bit of a cold.

I want to play on resident evil 5 but i dunno if i should as i get frustrated with sheva.