Sign in to follow this  
Salkafar

Star Wars: The rise of Skywalker

Probably the least-anticipated blockbuster of all time. It should have been the greatest movie ever made, of course, being the final film in the most beloved franchise ever, but... well... Mistakes Were Made.

I have a spoiler, though, which might be interesting, from a guy who apparently saw a pre-screening:

Rey is Palpatine's granddaughter. I have to give credit to Abrams: he picked up on the fact Rey's light saber handling in the first movie is very reminiscent of how Palpatine wielded his in 'Revenge', and still managed to work with 'Your parents were nobody' from 'The last Jedi'.

Apparently she takes the name 'Skywalker' in the end, although that doesn't make sense... although my headcanon is that Anakin wasn't "born from the Force" at all, but was the son of Palpatine. After all, the Sith must have known of the prophecy, and Darth Plagueis and his apprentice were trying to create life. If they somehow found high Force potential in Shmi Skywalker - and they must have been looking for that anyway, either to gain new followers or nip potential Jedi in the bud - what would have made more sense than to 'create' their own Chosen One?

Of course that would suggest Rey was Darth Vader's child, sired near the end of his life. It is possible. A repeat performance. Some people would say Shmi was 'no one'. She was only a slave, after all.

Edited by Salkafar

I hadn't seen or heard any advertising for this until last week. I would like to see it, but im well behind on movies. Perhaps when it comes out on sky cinema!

Already got my triple bill ticket to see it @ 12:01 am after seeing the other 2 movies in the Cinema! Going to be a great night for me.

Fuck those that say otherwise :)

Reminder to those who spoil the movie for me without hidden text....  I'll not spoil it by telling you the result.

On 11/1/2019 at 4:05 PM, Salkafar said:

I honestly don't know what you are expecting, Sully.

To put it simply, he doesn't quite care about most series plot shenanigans and just likes entertaining movies/shows. So if has some entertaining stuff, but piss poor plot? He'll still enjoy it.

He's not that picky like a lot of us. I wish I could be like that sometimes, but that is just not me =P

On 11/5/2019 at 3:59 PM, Matt Bellamy said:

To put it simply, he doesn't quite care about most series plot shenanigans and just likes entertaining movies/shows. So if has some entertaining stuff, but piss poor plot? He'll still enjoy it.

He's not that picky like a lot of us. I wish I could be like that sometimes, but that is just not me =P

All 9 odd hours of it :D