Sign in to follow this  
Polyonymous

Terminator 6 - Dark Fate

I secretly hope the conflict is ultimately resolved not with the total destruction of either side, but mutual understanding.

Like in 'The Matrix', which could very nearly have been a Terminator sequel anyway.

Is there some kind of obvious reason why John Connor isn't about that I'm missing? Or is that a mystery that is yet to be revealed?

Anyway the trailer looks okay, but I'm as always with Terminator sequels going to remain cautious with my expectations.

4 hours ago, Bio-Boosted Dude said:

Is there some kind of obvious reason why John Connor isn't about that I'm missing? Or is that a mystery that is yet to be revealed?

Anyway the trailer looks okay, but I'm as always with Terminator sequels going to remain cautious with my expectations.

I've enjoyed the franchise as a whole, even when the movies have been somewhat lackluster, but my favorites will always be the original and T2.  That said, I want to have faith in this movie because a) James Cameron is involved again, which is something that can't be said for any other Terminator movie past T2, and b) Tim Miller did a pretty bang-up job with Deadpool, so I'm actually optimistic (which is better than I can say for Star Wars, thanks to how badly Disney has mangled the sequel trilogy thus far).

As to the former, I have two answers; one is the straight answer, the second is my theory.

1)  I'm guessing mystery that has yet to be revealed.

2) The theory:  let's assume for a moment that Dark Fate is set in present-day.  That's going on 22 years past the events of Judgment Day as both Reese and the T-800 have described them.  Since it's safe to also assume that John Connor was born in 1985, that would mean he's 34 years old at this point.  Now, there's one of two possibilities here:  either John is in hiding and preparing for Judgment Day and what comes afterwards... or time has changed and John Connor is no longer the target.  After all, Sarah does say that the reason she's helping is that "she was once just like her".  My guess is the latter, that Connor isn't the target.

But there's still plenty of questions left to ask, like... why is there an aged T-800 in present-day that Sarah leads Dani and Grace to?  The original T-800 was scrapped in 1984 after killing Reese.  The second T-800 willingly melted himself down to slag in molten metal, along with the remaining parts of the original T-800 from the first movie, at the end of T2.  So where does this aged T-800 come from?  And has time jumped forward in the future as well, given that present-day means there's only a decade between a potential (much belated) Judgment Day and 2029 when Kyle Reese originally followed the first T-800 back to 1984 and the human Resistance under John Connor had effectively "won" the war against Skynet.

Hopefully future trailers will give us a little more to go on -- I imagine we'll get another trailer in a month or thereabouts, and then a final trailer sometime in September (since Nov 1 is the release date for Dark Fate) -- but I don't want too much information.  Movies tend to have a bad habit of letting too much slip.

I suspect this is still tied in with time shenanigans. Some force from the outside - a 'Meta-Skynet'? - sent an agent, played by Matthew Smith, to stop the resistance in the future, and throwing time on its ass.

But if this a follow-up tp T2, ignoring the rest of the sequels, Arnold may well be the guy they based all the Terminators on. As you know, the organic shell of a T-800 is based on cloned tissue from a real person.

Isn't Arnie getting too old for this $#!T?  But I have to admit, it's not a terminator movie without the original terminator.

random tech question

if they took the blood sample for the t100's from the human.... lets go with doner. then could it be safe to assume that the skeletal structure is also based off the doner?

i just find it unsatisfying (for whatever reason, i honestly dont know why i feel this way) if they used an existing skull's bone structure to make a mass produced army. it'll be like having robot clones made of you... that is what is dissatisfying for me.

i think i would like it better if the skull structure was a unique design, not based off any one person... ya know?