Sign in to follow this  
SMOKE

New guy longtime fan

Hello everyone,

I just signed up yesterday and this website is pretty difficult to navigate, and find information on. Long time Guyver fan from back in 95 when I first rented the anime at blockbuster. Seeing Guyver I get killed by enzyme in the first grade was wild!!! Lol I'm just trying to get information and connect with some Guyver fans. For the English translation do you guys not honor digital copies? Where would I submit that I own the hard copy to? Why the hell did they cut the manga and anime off? If anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it thanks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SMOKE said:

Hello everyone,

I just signed up yesterday and this website is pretty difficult to navigate, and find information on. Long time Guyver fan from back in 95 when I first rented the anime at blockbuster. Seeing Guyver I get killed by enzyme in the first grade was wild!!! Lol I'm just trying to get information and connect with some Guyver fans. For the English translation do you guys not honor digital copies? Where would I submit that I own the hard copy to? Why the hell did they cut the manga and anime off? If anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it thanks.

Here's the link for the access area, just post on book 32 thread. http://www.japan-legend.com/forums/forum/130-access-request-area/

requires hard copy of the Japanese books. You can look on the thread for other examples. Post a picture of the book you own and want the english translation access to with a note card or piece of paper with your screen name on it to prove you didn't grab a photo off the internet. May take awhile. I posted my request a couple weeks ago and haven't yet gotten access but be patient.

• Thanks 1

Welcome to the site!! We are all fans here! As for cutting off the anime and manga, we would all love answers to those questions too. Lol! Get the hard copies of the books as Segawdcd said and send them and the site managers will hook you up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone know where to get the manga for a decent price? I saw the thread about where to buy. But Amazon.jp won't ship to me. The other option is eBay which is about $300 easy.

Try buyee.jp and look at the auction site. I see volume sets under $100. You can find a lot of cool stuff there.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Gazham said:

http://buyee.jp/item/search?query=ガイバー&translationType=1&page=1

This searches for guyver on yahoo auctions Japan, via buyee.

You would need to sign up. The books are usually on the middle/back pages of the search.

By the way, my thanks to Gazham for turning me onto this site. I have found a great many things on it!

Definatly check all the pages once a week, there are some great small finds. I've found a couple of great posters and promotional pieces in my time. 2 children later i have little money to spend now, probably not a bad thing

Amen brother. I am gearing up for a wedding in November so my funds are tight now. But it is a great place to find stuff!

Not sure what those are but you don't need them to bid at all. 

I assume you all have bought from there? Any issues at all? Looking at the complete set for about $72. Different editions from what I can tell. Wouldn't know what was first, second, or third edition. All I know is the viz media lol

I have bought a lot if stuff from this site and it is pretty awesome. You will be charged for the won item immediately  then it will ship to their warehouse and you choose what delivery  method you want and pay for that. I have never had any problems with this site. Update your collection pics when you get some newness and share the love!

• Thanks 1

I've also had no problems, everything has arrived as advertised and nothing damaged. You don't need to worry about the  buyee points, i use my PayPal for the added peace of mind. I don't pay the inspection fee and use the cheapest delivery options. It's great

You could also try mangaoh.co.jp.  They are an online bookstore based in Japan and they will ship even to the UK.  Bought from them a lot of times,  all of the Guyver books I bought was bought from this site.  Of course the site is in Japanese.  You can send and email in English, and they will reply with and answer, but it will still be in Japanese.

• Thanks 1

Any suggestions? Sucks that shipping has to be paid twice

Screenshot_20190405-102655.png

I always do EMS when I buy from there but I like tracking and quickness.

15 minutes ago, Guyver1 said:

I always do EMS when I buy from there but I like tracking and quickness.

Have you ever tried the SAL? I thought I struck gold getting the set plus shipping for $78. Then this shipping hit me like a ton of bricks lol

1 minute ago, SMOKE said:

Have you ever tried the SAL? I thought I struck gold getting the set plus shipping for $78. Then this shipping hit me like a ton of bricks lol

No I have not but it may be ok to go with that. What set did you pick up, if you want to share anyways lol

I usually do whatever is cheapest. SAL can be as cheap as seamail sometimes, ive used both SAL and seamail. Never had troubles with either

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Guyver1 said:

No I have not but it may be ok to go with that. What set did you pick up, if you want to share anyways lol

Picked up Guyver 1-32

7 minutes ago, SMOKE said:

Picked up Guyver 1-32

Sweet!!!