Sign in to follow this  
Mercer

Mortal Kombat 11

Are any of you going to be playing this when it comes out?

Not entirely sure if I'll get it at launch, but I have watched several of the character reveal trailers.  Johnny Cage's fatality is pure hilarity -- I mean, most of his stuff was funny (like the Ninja Mime reference, or having help from "stunt doubles" wearing previous Johnny Cage costumes.  But the fatality is just hilarious to me.

I'll defiantly be picking this up. MK is what got me into fighting games, from watching people play the original to finally playing myself from Deadly Alliance onward.

The latest games have not only refined their combat and made it more unique, but they've progressively give the fighters more and more personality, from their intros to just how they fight. I also love that they keep bringing in my faviort horror icons as playable characters. Fingers crossed for this game also.

The only real downside to this entry is that from the looks of it my main, Reptile, hasn't made the cut which is a shame. That said their are a lot of evil characters who I also like to play being brought back. Really happy to be able to play as Shao Khan proper again, he's not been in the main roaster since MK vs DC. I also like the new characters and it's cool Skarlet is finally joining the roaster proper.

For none MK DLC characters that I'd like...

The Shape (Michael Myers) - With his new movie and the fact that Freddy, Jason and Leatherface have all made the cut he's the most logical next choice.

Chucky - Hard to work in due to his height but 2019 is shaping up to be the year of Chucky what with his remake movie and canonical TV series coming out this year. Not to give away spoilers but there is a way round his height now.

The Hell Priest (Pinhead) - Not shore if they could get the rights to him but his power set easily transfers to MK.