Sign in to follow this  
Guyver0

Guyver Back on the Big Screen

Planet X Cinema in San Antonio, TX is screening the first Guyver movie on the 22nd of February.  Not the kind of news we are hoping for, but who knows, maybe this will spawn more Guyver fans.

You can find further information here: https://www.sacurrent.com/ArtSlut/archives/2019/02/06/planet-x-cinema-strikes-again-with-free-screening-of-body-horror-comedy-the-guyver

Plus it's free!

If 'Alita' does well...

Who knows, we might get a few more manga-based movies.

And 'Guyver' has surprisingly much in common with 'Alita' - identity, violence, how to remain yourself...

• Like 2

On 2/21/2019 at 5:40 PM, Salkafar said:

If 'Alita' does well...

Did you watch it already? I really want to see it.  :)

I was happy to hear that it did well in the box office. It has good reviews and so far it's made $265.8 million against it's 200 million gross budget. I think that's a green light for me. 

I haven't seen the film yet. But I have read some of the manga and from what I've seen I think it looks good.

Alita looks amazing on the big screen.

• Like 1

She does.

And the movie manages to capture the feel of the manga pretty well.

It encompasses elements from the first four volumes and the OVA.

Also: Edward Norton!

yes I was surprised that Edward Norton was uncredited. I saw him and I was certain it was him right away.

Alita was mindblowing... just freaking amazing.  It certainly gives me hope for Guyver. it has everything going for it.

14 minutes ago, Tora Tan said:

I saw him and I was certain it was him right away.

I literally didn't see it until the very end.

The naked face.jpg

Alita certainly gives me hope on a Guyver movie done right. But getting a production team and director that will do it justice. Id be more than excited if Robert Rodriguez announced he was doing it. But Guillermo del Toro, Len Wiseman (Underworld fame)/James Wan because of their work on the Swamp-Thing, and for what it was even Rupert Sanders of Ghost in the Shell. These people if they were to direct and produce a Guyver movie I would be more than happy with. But something rather than nothing needs to happen with Guyver, it has so much potential, it just needs the chance to be exploited.

With Alita so beautiful in Real-3D 4K, just imagine the Guyver carnage, zoanoid/zoalord transformations, and energy weapons in Real-3D 4K definition....:drool:

Edited by Hyper_Guyvantic

And also.... round out the characters a little more. Because there hasn't been a lot of progress over the years. Granted, in-comic it's only been like a year...

Good god.

yeah it's been about 2 years. valkyria says that lisker died 2 years ago.