Sign in to follow this  
Mercer

Captain Marvel

Anyone up for Captain Marvel?

Edited by Mercer

Awesome trailer, definitely looking forward to this movie.

Now if they can just give us the Avengers 4 trailer already...

Hehehehe. Fury, green as he is in this movie, is already not buying this whole "Noble warrior heroes versus evil Skrulls" bs.

On 12/4/2018 at 6:21 PM, jerrygoodman said:

Awesome trailer, definitely looking forward to this movie.

Now if they can just give us the Avengers 4 trailer already...

Avemgers 4 trailer is set for this Friday. It promises to be good. Im liking Captain Marvel so far.

Still looks very "meh" to me.

I don't know if it is Brie Larson herself, or just the way she is playing the character... but she seems so bland and/or bored. She seems to lack that kind of personality to is required to drive a movie. Especially a Marvel film. Black Widow in Iron Man 2 was kind of like this, but was only a side character and thankfully got fleshed out more in Avengers and Winter Soldier. So now, she is a much better character and deserving of a movie of her own.

So I am hoping that will change when I see it, cause I will still see it opening weekend.

In the comics, Kree are not supposed to show emotion. Naturally, they are belligerent savages, but their culture harnesses this in enforced rationality. Like Klingons living like Vulcans. Especially in their early appearances, they viewed human emotions as the detrimental signs of an inferior species. Captain Mar-Vell even said "Our children never smile".

So maybe that's why, and as Carol rediscovers her humanity, she will show more and more emotion.

13 hours ago, Salkafar said:

In the comics, Kree are not supposed to show emotion. Naturally, they are belligerent savages, but their culture harnesses this in enforced rationality. Like Klingons living like Vulcans. Especially in their early appearances, they viewed human emotions as the detrimental signs of an inferior species. Captain Mar-Vell even said "Our children never smile".

So maybe that's why, and as Carol rediscovers her humanity, she will show more and more emotion.

I hope that is the case... I would have hoped they would learned their lesson from The Inhumans fiasco's. Some comic traits don't transfer well to film... Things can be edited in the lore to make them more fitting for the medium. Fans might care for it, but the general audiences will likely feel like it is just bad acting.