Sign in to follow this  
The Shape

The Halloween Cycle

Hello everyone, so this year I'm going to talk about a franchise that I have had an unfairly low opinion on for many years. The Halloween franchise. This is in part due to the new Halloween movie coming out next month but also from a growing intreast in the movies earlier this year despite not having known of the new film until the last month or two.

I will say that I wont be posting anything new here for about two weeks as I'll be away however once I'm back I'll be buying every single Halloween movie, bar 3 as it has no real ties the main reason I want talk about these films. The Shape aka Michael Myers. This will be a little different from my "Many Lives of Jason Voorhees" series as during that topic my discussion was about Jason and how his character and look changed over time along with talking about his movies in brief. Despite their similarities Michael makes for a very different beast to discuss. This is in part due to the fact that Micheal is the original slasher villain and Halloween the first true movie of the genre. Well look at not only Michael's character but also how this series differed from what came befor, the genre it spawned and how that genre would affect the franchise as time went on among other things. We'll also look at the new film when it comes out.

So to give us a list of what we'll be looking at:

1. Halloween (1978)
  2. Halloween 2 (1981)
  3. Halloween 4 - The Return of Michael Myers
  4. Halloween 5 - The RevengeĀ of Michael Myers
  5. Halloween 6 - The Curse of Michael Myers
  6. Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
  7. Halloween: Resurrection
  8. Halloween (2007)
  9. Halloween 2 (2008)
  10. Halloween (2018)

I'll see you all again in October.