Sign in to follow this  
PowerofGuyver

What do you think causes difference in Guyver units?

Posted (edited)

Like Guyver III's double elbow blades, or the head spikes. Or Guyver II's asymmetrical heat exhaust ports, etc. Do you think it could caused by humans all having different features from one another? Something gentic in each person? Or could it just be a random occurrence?

Edited by PowerofGuyver

It's personality / Genetics / something from the host. We know because in the Comics the unit Valkyrie is using was made from the test samples from Guyver 2 units. 

So far it is like a fingerprint in that every Guyver is someone different in looks and no two at the same. 

• Like 1

The usual breakdown of this usually goes as follows:

Guyver 1 - Blank slate. Sho had no ambition/motives in life and the unit stayed its default color and gave a pretty basic design. I wouldn't say "default" as there is likely no "default" look.

Guyver 2 - Lisker wanted power. He wanted to move up in the world. Yellow/Gold are usually associated with power. It has never been properly confirmed whether or not the damaged look is because of the damage to the control metal, but the alternate model head that Max factory released is also mean looking, as Lisker not a man to cross.

Guyver 3 - Dark ambitions, dark armor. Even further mutated by the general malice and evil that Agito likely feels. He wants to rule and will step on any one's corpse if he has to. Despite his "good guy" status at points, when he got his unit, his ambitions were dark as they come.

Guyver 2-F - She's out for revenge, but it is based somewhat on her relationship with Lisker... Purple/pink is a weird color for her, unless she has some unresolved feelings...

Guyver 0 - Very likely was a hunter. Fierce and violent... But not evil. Probably a hunter of a tribe and very brave. Green is often considered the color of bravery. So he has a mean look, but not an evil color.

• Like 3

Honestly, I thought it had more to do with whichever unit they end up with, rather than the user. In the 2005 series, they showed Agito's unit as black and red even before it takes him over, and I thought that was a nice detail.

Guyver II-F has a pink unit because the manga jumped the shark to have fan service. I'm not complaining, I'm just telling it like it is. No scientific reason, she's just "the pink ranger, pink cause she's a girl". Imagine if Lisker's unit was also pink. He wouldn't have been as intimidating, but he still would have kicked ass.

Edited by Maze247365

14 hours ago, Maze247365 said:

Honestly, I thought it had more to do with whichever unit they end up with, rather than the user. In the 2005 series, they showed Agito's unit as black and red even before it takes him over, and I thought that was a nice detail.

Guyver II-F has a pink unit because the manga jumped the shark to have fan service. I'm not complaining, I'm just telling it like it is. No scientific reason, she's just "the pink ranger, pink cause she's a girl". Imagine if Lisker's unit was also pink. He wouldn't have been as intimidating, but he still would have kicked ass.

Are you sure...? All the promotional material has the units being the standard color... And it is the way it has always been. The only units that are in their armor colors are ones made by fans.

The Max Factory figures all had standard units, and even on the back of the data file books that came with the 2005 series DVDs has them in the standard colors...

*edit*

I assume you meant this shot from episode 2unit.thumb.jpg.35a9049179b4059460e0b7be4b4b6e63.jpg

...where I can see what you mean and how someone might think that... but that's likely just due to bad lighting. The bio material is the same as the standard, and the shaded colors are similar to those from the unit from previous shots in the 2005 series. But it still leaves the question, if his unit was in his armor colors... Why wasn't Liskers that is literally shown 10 second before.

As for Female Guyver 2...

You're not "telling like it is". There is no proof of that. The popular theory has some merit based on what has been said in the manga, and the characters motivations of the character haven't fully been realized yet. Sure, the popular theory has not been 100% stated either, but we do not claim to be "telling like it is" or that it is 100% fact and usually state something to that effect. It is simply a theory based on source material, nothing more.

Please do not spread misguided information by claiming you are correct without sources.

honestly, i always assumed the guyverIIf was just a way to reuse the guyverIIf design from the "out of control" movie. 

as for sciencey excuses for the color canon, it could be a side effect of it being an artifical unit, having been pieced together and cloned from samples.

Purple combines the calm stability of blue and the fierce energy of red. The color purple is often associated with royalty, nobility, luxury, power, and ambition. Purple also represents meanings of wealth, extravagance, creativity, wisdom, dignity, grandeur, devotion, peace, pride, mystery, independence, and magic.Jan 5, 2011

Meaning of The Color Purple | - Bourn Creative

So from those listed, i can certainly see the Mystery, and independence pertain to Val. Same for power and ambition.

but i never been too big on color meanings, sometimes a color is a color. but that could just be me.

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:07 AM, Matt Bellamy said:

The usual breakdown of this usually goes as follows:

Guyver 1 - Blank slate. Sho had no ambition/motives in life and the unit stayed its default color and gave a pretty basic design. I wouldn't say "default" as there is likely no "default" look.

Guyver 2 - Lisker wanted power. He wanted to move up in the world. Yellow/Gold are usually associated with power. It has never been properly confirmed whether or not the damaged look is because of the damage to the control metal, but the alternate model head that Max factory released is also mean looking, as Lisker not a man to cross.

Guyver 3 - Dark ambitions, dark armor. Even further mutated by the general malice and evil that Agito likely feels. He wants to rule and will step on any one's corpse if he has to. Despite his "good guy" status at points, when he got his unit, his ambitions were dark as they come.

Guyver 2-F - She's out for revenge, but it is based somewhat on her relationship with Lisker... Purple/pink is a weird color for her, unless she has some unresolved feelings...

Guyver 0 - Very likely was a hunter. Fierce and violent... But not evil. Probably a hunter of a tribe and very brave. Green is often considered the color of bravery. So he has a mean look, but not an evil color.

That's a pretty awesome theory, dude! It makes a lot of sense!