Sign in to follow this  
Dinosaur Leader Gottes

Guyver bonded to none humanoids?

Just wondering about this today. For example...

trex-feathers-1024x431.jpg

Lets say we attached a guyver unit to a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Dinosaurs, from what we can work out, were likely creatures of limited intelligence which primarily functioned on pure instinct. Not much different then most birds, reptiles and crocodile of today. As a result the creatures use of the guyvers weapons would likely be used in a far more basic way then any human guyver would, most likely acting on instinct and in reaction to a current situation.

Power wise what needs to be said, it's an apex predator the size of a building. It's power output, should the unit react as it dose with a human, would be staggering compared to a normal human guyver.

But what about weapons and general layout? For example the T.rex's primary offensive weapon is it's mouth and it's arms are very underdeveloped for it's size. Would the guyver adapt itself to better suit this none humanoid?

I think that it would likely be pretty powerful, but as you stated, it's brain wouldn't likely be able to utilize the Guyver unit to its full potential... in more ways than one.

I've always assumed that the Human beings particular design is what makes the Guyver unit so potent on it. A body with high adaptability, a survival instinct and a brain capable of higher functions. A T-Rex would have lots of power in terms of raw muscle, but it's cold blooded nature and small brain would not be a good mix for the unit.

So while all creatures designed by the Creators were part of a weapons project, they likely wouldn't nearly be as effective with a unit on them, as the specific conditions that make the Guyvers so powerful, are not in the right balance. ( For example, a Unit boosts a hosts strength by 100x... but that is because of power from the waist orb and control medal using the brain of the host to maximize potential. Without the human brain, a T-Rex might on get a tiny boost in comparison, and may not get any of the known weapons).

It's also likely why they were so scared. They had made the ultimate weapon. It's what they intended, but not exactly what they had wanted. They weren't scared of T-Rex's at all. But squishy little men got them running.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Matt Bellamy said:

I think that it would likely be pretty powerful, but as you stated, it's brain wouldn't likely be able to utilize the Guyver unit to its full potential... in more ways than one.

I've always assumed that the Human beings particular design is what makes the Guyver unit so potent on it. A body with high adaptability, a survival instinct and a brain capable of higher functions. A T-Rex would have lots of power in terms of raw muscle, but it's cold blooded nature and small brain would not be a good mix for the unit.

So while all creatures designed by the Creators were part of a weapons project, they likely wouldn't nearly be as effective with a unit on them, as the specific conditions that make the Guyvers so powerful, are not in the right balance. ( For example, a Unit boosts a hosts strength by 100x... but that is because of power from the waist orb and control medal using the brain of the host to maximize potential. Without the human brain, a T-Rex might on get a tiny boost in comparison, and may not get any of the known weapons).

It's also likely why they were so scared. They had made the ultimate weapon. It's what they intended, but not exactly what they had wanted. They weren't scared of T-Rex's at all. But squishy little men got them running.

All good points.

Another aspect to add on is that an out of control Rex is not going to actively attack the Creators. It will just revert back to it's natural instinct and look for something to eat, a far easier problem to deal with then a thinking creature who can plan and actively work against you. 

To get the most out of a guyver requires a powerful brain, for without it the ultimate weapon is useless. 

Its intreating to a Rex might not even get any of the known weapons, or hell maybe even any at all. The unit might not even bother installing any if it senses that it's host wouldn't even use them.

Here's an interesting fact. All life on Earth had to be destroyed because the genetic flaw that allowed the Guyver effect was present in all forms of life. 

But you've to ration that with what Matt said, we know a lot more about how the Guyver Unit works now to 20 years ago (thank you translators!!!!). The question would be how the balance would work.

it's a known fact that humans are one of the few species that are truly self aware. By that we mean the brain we have has gone beyond just survival mode which most creatures have. E.g. a road cuts through the rain forest. Some animals will never cross that road. They'll never figure it out. You could argue there are other animals on Earth that would over come something like this.

But the question would be without true self awareness would a Guyver Trex ever be not "Out of Control"?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sully said:

Here's an interesting fact. All life on Earth had to be destroyed because the genetic flaw that allowed the Guyver effect was present in all forms of life. 

But you've to ration that with what Matt said, we know a lot more about how the Guyver Unit works now to 20 years ago (thank you translators!!!!). The question would be how the balance would work.

it's a known fact that humans are one of the few species that are truly self aware. By that we mean the brain we have has gone beyond just survival mode which most creatures have. E.g. a road cuts through the rain forest. Some animals will never cross that road. They'll never figure it out. You could argue there are other animals on Earth that would over come something like this.

But the question would be without true self awareness would a Guyver Trex ever be not "Out of Control"?

A very intreasting way to look at it and a very scary prospect.

As seen with a human host, the Unit alone can be dangerously destructive. Guyver I slaughtered his way through a chunk of the Japan Branch's Zoanoids befor he came to his sense. If you go by the anime even in an "Out of Control" state the unit is able to affectively create and use strategies to take down foes, as we see with the Hyper Zoanoids and Powered Zerbabuth. It's only real flaw in that state is that it's purely reactive.

If a Guyver T.rex were to be like that, well that would solve a lot of the issues Matt rightly pointed out, as the Unit could potentially bring out it's full power. But it would still be reactive in nature.

Edited by The Shape

12 hours ago, The Shape said:

A very intreasting way to look at it and a very scary prospect.

As seen with a human host, the Unit alone can be dangerously destructive. Guyver I slaughtered his way through a chunk of the Japan Branch's Zoanoids befor he came to his sense. If you go by the anime even in an "Out of Control" state the unit is able to affectively create and use strategies to take down foes, as we see with the Hyper Zoanoids and Powered Zerbabuth. It's only real flaw in that state is that it's purely reactive.

If a Guyver T.rex were to be like that, well that would solve a lot of the issues Matt rightly pointed out, as the Unit could potentially bring out it's full power. But it would still be reactive in nature.

But the question is how effective would be an Out of Control T-Rex. 

The Creators planned to use us in a war, Guyvers as we now know them were simply meant to be the controllers of their space ships to bring their armies to war. 

(take this example with a pinch of salt as it's got more chance of attacking the Creators than the foe)

So if you dropped an Out of Control T-Rex into a battle zone it wouldn't take long for the enemy to figure out that if they stay 50 KM from the creature (the max range of the head sensors) that the T-Rex would simply stop attacking them. 

3 hours ago, Sully said:

But the question is how effective would be an Out of Control T-Rex. 

The Creators planned to use us in a war, Guyvers as we now know them were simply meant to be the controllers of their space ships to bring their armies to war. 

(take this example with a pinch of salt as it's got more chance of attacking the Creators than the foe)

So if you dropped an Out of Control T-Rex into a battle zone it wouldn't take long for the enemy to figure out that if they stay 50 KM from the creature (the max range of the head sensors) that the T-Rex would simply stop attacking them. 

Oh that a agree with.

While very powerful and even with its Out of Control State allowing it to use its power and weapons to there full potential, a Guyver T. Rex would be inherently inferior to a human in terms of combat effectiveness as a weapon.

I’m simply  intreasted in examing and theorising how the unit would react to a host who is both physically and mentally very different from a human.

I’m thinking of making this consept by next OC project.

Edited by The Shape

the g unit is a tool. I think we need to consider if the unit would bond with a species that is not naturally inclined to make use of tools. I mean, the unit configures itself based on the host. in terms of humans, humans are warlike. we often think of ways to defeat our  enemies. that instinct is very likely the source of guyvers weaponry. a t-rex' instinct includes chasing prey, catching it and eating it. in my mind, the only thing a unit would do with a t-rex is make it run faster.

I do find it interesting that the guyver does not increase mating potential. or maybe that is what the unit retraction is about? maybe that is a mechanism that exist in humans because of the need to mate? maybe if the guyver  bonded to a species that was not sexual, then it would not have a mechanism to be stowed in the boost dimension?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tora Tan said:

the g unit is a tool. I think we need to consider if the unit would bond with a species that is not naturally inclined to make use of tools. I mean, the unit configures itself based on the host. in terms of humans, humans are warlike. we often think of ways to defeat our  enemies. that instinct is very likely the source of guyvers weaponry. a t-rex' instinct includes chasing prey, catching it and eating it. in my mind, the only thing a unit would do with a t-rex is make it run faster.

I do find it interesting that the guyver does not increase mating potential. or maybe that is what the unit retraction is about? maybe that is a mechanism that exist in humans because of the need to mate? maybe if the guyver  bonded to a species that was not sexual, then it would not have a mechanism to be stowed in the boost dimension?

Here’s the thing, I’m looking at this from both sides. Firstly the G unit was a tool. However when bonded to humans and as Sully pointed out, other life forms created on earth the unit reacts in a way known to the Uranus. 

Again to go with Sully, if a T.rex has not sense of true self and will there is the real possibility that it will never leave its self defence mode. As seen with Sho, the unit can draw out the Guyvers full potential on its own and even come up with strategies to take down foes. An out of control T.rex would likely be no different. The main weakness is that this is all reactive.

However looking at it from the angle that it’s a highly advanced predator, who’s primary goal is to diliver a bone crushing bite, its likely it  will completely alter how the Guyver modifies it. For example, while it likely still has gravity power points in its legs, its arms are useless. The armour would likely completely remove them. Instead it would likely place them in its jaws allowing the Rex to bite with a full 100x bite force. A Rex’s bite is estimated to be around 12800 pounds which is about 6 us tons. A Guyver Rex is likely pushing 600.

For speculation on weapons, T. Rex likely didn’t roar in life. In fact it’s speculated that it used infrasound not unlike elephants and crocodiles. Deep rumbling sound that not only communicates through the air but also the very ground beneath it. The unit could develop this further so rather then destructive blasts of ultrasounds, the Guyver generates burst of powerful infrasound as a weapon. Infrasound has been identified as causing feelings of terror, nausea, awe as well causing people to experience hallucinations.  A weaponised version could fit as it would make a target easier to bite.

Not unlike the Sonic Terror I resntly came up with for my Prometheus Guyver.

Edit:

On the subject of breeding, as with zoanoids the Guyver seems to priorities combat over everything else. Much like the lungs and a few other internal organs, sex organs are likely seen as a weak point or useless and  get removed. Better the host stay alive to breed normally plus being 100 more powerful then any your rival males is a pretty good way to get the girls.

Edited by The Shape