Sign in to follow this  
Maze247365

Who else is as strong as a Guyver?

We all know the Guyvers are immensely strong, fast and powerful. Plus they have pretty amazing awareness using the orbs in their helmets, and the ability to react very quickly(mostly referring to 2005 anime when Guyver I shot down a bullet headed for Tetsuro) which is also a skill. However that's just in one fictional universe. So what other characters have near the same attributes in American comics and other anime? For instance, one specific character has been bothering me. Goku. Now the main difference between a Guyver and a Z Fighter is that a Guyver's strength is always constant, and if they need more power, they just summon their Gigantic armor, but let's start by just focusing on a Guyver's basic form. A Z Fighter like Goku, more importantly the Saiyan race constantly improves their strength. So let's say at the start of Dragon Ball, Goku was physically weaker, slower and less powerful than a bio armor. But as Dragon Ball went on, Goku became more and more stronger, faster, powerful and aware, that even as a child, he surpassed a Guyver. My question then is what part of the manga/anime did Goku and a Guyver have the same attributes?

Aside from Goku, what other characters can you think of that have the same attributes? I was just reading Spider-Man who famously has the proportionate strength of a Spider, but is he as strong as a Guyver? If not, who in the Marvel universe is? Other comic universes?

If I remember Correctly, a Guyver Gigantic is 100x stronger than a Guyver, if I'm wrong, please correct me! If so, then, all of a sudden, none of the characters from before(with CONSTANT attributes) can compare. Then, who does from anime and comics with constant attributes? How about Goku in another part of his life?

Let's leave Exceed out of the discussion, because one, it would be kind of weird with Exceed fighting a 6 ft tall person, and 2, I'm not fully caught up in the Guyver manga, I don't want to hear spoilers about more Exceed appearances. Thanks!

The Gigantic is only supposed to be a boost of 10x, not 100x... Though the Giga-Smasher is stated to be 100x the Megasmasher.

Regarding Spider-man,  I will use Salkafar's quote from a previous discussion:

...According to an article on Livestrong, "... the average untrained man can squat 125 pounds, bench press 135 pounds and deadlift 155 pounds."

If we take this as a benchmark (sic), the Guyver should be able to heft about seven tons (metric). That means he's not quite as strong as Spider-Man.

So Spider-man would be physically better, but less weaponized.

The only characters I can think of that come close to the Guyver from other Comics universes are the powered armor types like Iron Man... but that is probably because the Guyver is essentially power armor anyway. And in most cases, Powered Armored heroes tend to need to stick to reality and physics for their powers, and the Guyver is in the same boat. It is still based on real data from humans, just amplified/boosted.

This is why facing a human Guyver off against aliens or series that do not use reality in their equations, just doesn't fit very well very often.

• Like 1

Wait wait wait wait. Guyver can only lift 7 tons?? But Malmot picked up a box truck and threw it into the ground(in the OVA). Then, Gregole overpowers Malmot. Then Guyver I overpowers Gregole with ease. Is that really only 7 tons of force?

Strength in Guyver is really iffy.

Take the infamous image of a Gregole on X-day, lifting an Abrams tank - which weighs more than 50 tons - overhead.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Let's just go off that, throw caution to the wind lol. 

I actually found a cool thread about Kid Goku's strength:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/goku/4005-19765/forums/the-kid-goku-respect-thread-1611793/

My initial guess was that Guyver in its base form could be as strong as Goku after his training with Master Roshi, and then after Korin Tower, Goku surpasses the power of a Guyver, because it seemed when he tried to fight Mercenary Tao, that was when physics went off the rails.

Like I said that's just a guess, considering they can both jump high, punch through brick walls etc. Note that the only outlier would be speed, no Guyvers or zoanoids can do the after image technique or are super fast, but the Guyver does react super fast to things.

I need to know more about the Guyver's abilities In detail, to say that for sure. 7 tons sounds super weak and I would have thought Spider-Man was weaker.

Edited by Maze247365

On 8/3/2018 at 5:48 PM, Maze247365 said:

Let's just go off that, throw caution to the wind lol. 

I actually found a cool thread about Kid Goku's strength:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/goku/4005-19765/forums/the-kid-goku-respect-thread-1611793/

My initial guess was that Guyver in its base form could be as strong as Goku after his training with Master Roshi, and then after Korin Tower, Goku surpasses the power of a Guyver, because it seemed when he tried to fight Mercenary Tao, that was when physics went off the rails.

Like I said that's just a guess, considering they can both jump high, punch through brick walls etc. Note that the only outlier would be speed, no Guyvers or zoanoids can do the after image technique or are super fast, but the Guyver does react super fast to things.

I need to know more about the Guyver's abilities In detail, to say that for sure. 7 tons sounds super weak and I would have thought Spider-Man was weaker.

Again, using Dragonball is a poor source for comparison because they don't care about reality.

At the time Goku completed his training with Roshi, he was already faster than most people can see. Physically they push that giant boulder, which was likely a few tons... but then can jump super high? Completely unbalanced as characters. So they might've been similar in pure physical strength at that point, but series like Dragonball rely on plot to determine how powerful someone actually is, or how much damage one can cause. So the scales are completely abnormal.

Using Dragonball to compare most things is simply ludicrous in most cases. Even at its earliest forms.

And sadly, so is the marvel universe. With all the retcons and depowers, new writers, plots etc... Spider-man can go from lifting a car over his head, to having trouble lifting one in the matter of 12-15 issues depending on what the story calls for. This is a big problem with the "western comics culture" and the way stories are done.

A 6 foot tall being lifting 7 tons isn't super weak at all in its own world... But when you compare it to worlds with inconsistent power levels sure, it can look pretty terrible.