Sign in to follow this  
PowerofGuyver

Time for another Guyver vs discussion.

Posted (edited)

So I'm sure this is a match up no one has ever thought of. It randomly came to me last night, being a fan of both franchises.

Gigantic Guyver Exceed

latest?cb=20110213191904

vs

A Reaper

maxresdefault.jpg

So now that the ridiculous bar has been set to 11. Let's talk?

Edited by PowerofGuyver

I haven't played the Mass Effect games, sorry. The "Reaper" looks cool though.

tha reaper has no chance against the guyver exceed.

he can create a black hole. the reapers can't deny the laws of physics. they are merely metal monsters

Well one advantage the Exceed will instantly have is that it can't be indoctrinated. Since the control metal should protect Sho's mind from their influence. 

A reaper is roughly estimated to be more then capable laying waste to city on their own and most mass effect universe weapons prove to be less effective on them, with a single reaper backed up by Geth forces proving to be a real threat to standard alliance forces. They are also appear to be protected a reactive kenetic barrier that blocks incoming fire.

and all thats is pretty scary when up against the conventional... but Exceed is far from that. Given that its Giga-Smasher's power has increased in proportions to it's size and standard Gigantic's  beam radius is about half the height of Cloud-Gate, it could easily one shot a Reaper with that weapon, in fact it would be major overkill as both its Pressure Cannon and Sonic Buster could likely get the job done. A reaper's reactive shield has also been shown to not activate for physical attacks, such as when one was attacked by a giant thresher maw, so Exceed's blades will likely work to.

The Gravity Implosion makes this even more one sided.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So when they say the powers of the Exceed are in proportion to its size. Does that mean the Exceed giga smasher is 52x stronger than the normal Gigantic Guyver?

The main gun on Reaper can dispense approximately 454 kilotons of TNT. If we are to assume the giga smasher is equal to one billion tons of TNT, add in being 52x stronger....

:/

My beloved Reapers are like wet tissue paper against the chicxulub impact...

Edited by PowerofGuyver

Yeah, no contest here.

The Reapers are essentially large battleships. Reapers are known to range from 160 meters to over 2 kilometers in length. And with that, they aren't super maneuverable, and don't really seem to have that many different weapons despite their size.

But the Exceed Giga-Smasher would likely have no problem with a 2km long super slow ship. I am sure if the exceed is able to use the Gravity ram, the Exceed would easily rip through them as well, especially since they are not particularly solid constructs.

But that is the difference in contestants here. Reapers real strength is in their numbers and not solo capabilities. Thus why it's such a one sided fight... But against a million or more Reapers? Sorry, I doubt the Exceed would last long enough.

2 hours ago, PowerofGuyver said:

So when they say the powers of the Exceed are in proportion to its size. Does that mean the Exceed giga smasher is 52x stronger than the normal Gigantic Guyver?

The main gun on Reaper can dispense approximately 454 kilotons of TNT. If we are to assume the giga smasher is equal to one billion tons of TNT, add in being 52x stronger....

:/

My beloved Reapers are like wet tissue paper against the chicxulub impact...

Your numbers make no sense since a Gigantic exceed is not "52x" in size. It is 52 meters in height, where the normal Gigantic's are about 2.72/2.75 meters. Only about 19x in size rounded up a bit.

A normal Gigantic Guyver's mega-smasher is also stated to be 100x a normal Mega-smasher... And that is not even with a doubling of height. So the size means nothing in terms of how powerful the blast could potentially be, only that the beam would likely be about ~19x bigger than the Gigantics, since that is the height difference.

The only answer we need is: Is there a proportional increase in power, or is there another large jump in power from Gigantic to Exceed?

I can't imagine it will be a huge jump. The Gigantics were already more than a match for the Zoalords. Several at a time, if need be.

If the Gigantic is dozens of times more powerful than a Guyver, which is over half its height... even proportionally the power increase would be completely insane. A Guyver's megasmasher blasts through hundreds of feet of concrete or rock like a ray of light through a glass pane. We've never really seen what the gigasmasher does to a solid target, except it blasted a skyscraper-sized dragon into atoms with no trouble at all. If the... "terasmasher", I guess? is just a hundred times more powerful again...

Well, a cadre of scientists estimated a megasmasher blast to be equal to more than a hundred megawatts, so a gigasmasher blast would be at least ten gigawatts.  That's more than the output of the world's most powerful nuclear reactor.

If a 'terasmasher' is merely a hundred times that, instead of far more based on the size discrepancy, it would put out over one terawatt. That is more energy than the entire human race generates (biologically, that is. It's still a lot less than the annual energy requirement of the United States). That seems rather a lot, if it's focused on something for a few seconds.

On 5/11/2018 at 4:03 PM, Salkafar said:

We've never really seen what the gigasmasher does to a solid target, except it blasted a skyscraper-sized dragon into atoms with no trouble at all.

No it didn't, where the heck did I get that??

So we've never seen the gigasmasher hit a solid target.

• Haha 1

if you want to compare, we know the gigasmasher is stronger than Neoextole's bellysmasher. (sorry i cant remember its name) and the bellysmasher disintegrated Neoextoles body.

and how much power would be needed to overload the quasiblack hole that mirabliis started? agito as gigantic dark fired his giga into the blackhole, stopping it cold.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Larz Zahn said:

and how much power would be needed to overload the quasiblack hole that mirabliis started? agito as gigantic dark fired his giga into the blackhole, stopping it cold.

Thats not as simple a feat as it may seem.

Agito's target was never the black hole itself but the gravity spheres that were creating the phenomenon. If it were a true black hole, like the Gravity Implosion, the attack would have just been devoured as with Khan's Whale's Pergatoriam. The gigasmasher was simple powerful enough to disrupt the spheres befor it passed beyond the event horizon.  

It's still an impressive feat. It's also not the only time I've seen someone shoot at a Quasi - Black Hole and beat it.

Edited by Godmars

2 hours ago, Larz Zahn said:

if you want to compare, we know the gigasmasher is stronger than Neoextole's bellysmasher. (sorry i cant remember its name) and the bellysmasher disintegrated Neoextoles body.

And we somewhat know what Neo-Zxtoles Blaster Tempest would have done to the city thanks to a visual image from Purg'stall.

Sad thing is, we've only seen it fired a few times, and only one of them were particularly effective in showing off the power. Versus the Blaster Tempest is probably the best showing we've had for it.

1. Vs Blaster Tempest

2. Vs Imakarum - one cell only, and only aimed at the sky to distract. The energy from it was enough to effect the surrounding area causing a violent storm.

3. Vs Imakarum's micro black hole. Almost all the power was absorbed and nothing was hit after the MBH was destroyed.

4. Not fired exactly, but a image of what Balcus thinks might've happened to Arizona HQ if the Gigasmasher was fired from the basement.

5. Gigantic Dark vs Guyver Gigantic... And it was completely stopped and absorbed before ti could do any real damage.

i would be interested in seeing the complete damage a gigantic could do when not holding back. i mean their complete upper limits.

The Gigasmasher could lay waste to an entire city, I do not doubt.

Only god knows what the Exceed's Gigasmashers ('Terasmashers?' Exasmashers?) could destroy. An entire planet?

i hope not... tho shin was freaking out about how neo extoles blaster temptest could wipe out the planet. i get the science behind it, i do, but im getting tired of cataclysmic powers everytime someone powers up.

its like dbz in guyver.

each show should stick to their strengths and gimmicks. dbz is the giant planet killing powerhouses. 

guyver is mutating monsters hunting down one guy. and cool armor.