Sign in to follow this  
Mechagodzilla City

Fake Gigantic - Revamp

Posted (edited)

Ok I really like Fake Gigantic / The Branchai Brothers and I wanted to expand on their powers a bit. I don't mean make them anymore powerful then they were per say, but rather to give them more fake guyver abilities.

Ok so basic overview...

d9035c85e4f350c557a691322a24c043.jpg

None of the Fake's basic stats change at all. 

Weapons:

Fake Head Beam: A single, super high degree bio-laser fired from the gem on the forehead.

Fake Pressure Cannon: Fires high explosive bombs from organic cannons on its lower wrists.

New Weapons:

Fake High Frequency Blades: Vibration blades made from bone and keratin making them the less durable then the those of the guyver. Blades maximum length is only half that of true Gigantic and have no flexibility.

Fake Giga-Smasher: Two high output Bio-Lasers located either side of Beta's head. Destructive power on par with Aptom's when in Duel-Blast Mode form. Can be fired multiple times but high energy requirements make it ill advised to do this more then two or three times. 

Fake Sonic Buster: To combat high toxin build-up from "Giga-Smasher", Fake Gigantic can divert waste products special organs in Alpha and Gamma's sections. The waste product can then be expelled from the mouth of that area as an acidic slime.

Fake Gigantic is able to support these weapons thanks to the combined bio-energy of the three hyper-zoanoids that comprise it. However it's still a pal imitation of the original.

Edit: Due to having two weapons located in its forearms, Fake must reconfigure the internal structures of its arms each time it switch's. This prevents it from using both weapons at once.

Most of this comes from a revamping of Aptom's Fake Guyver form I did a few years back but these additions actually seem more fitting on FG.

Question: How physically strong is Fake Gigantic speculated to be?

Edited by Jabil Pazuzu
  • Like 1

What I want to know is why they didn't make Gamma a cyclops.

It's a pretty good revamp, but I don't get the point. Branchai only existed to draw out the Gigantic and into battle with Purgstall.

We never got any indication of its physical strength because it only ever used its weapons. It may be very physically weak due to dedicating all its energy to weapons output - muscle tissue mainly acting as radiant energy generators, etc.

15 minutes ago, Salkafar said:

What I want to know is why they didn't make Gamma a cyclops.

It's a pretty good revamp, but I don't get the point. Branchai only existed to draw out the Gigantic and into battle with Purgstall.

We never got any indication of its physical strength because it only ever used its weapons. It may be very physically weak due to dedicating all its energy to weapons output - muscle tissue mainly acting as radiant energy generators, etc.

There's two reasons.

The first is to make the Fake more convincing and the seconds is greater destructive output. Both of these flow into its role, by being more convincing it has a higher chance of tricking Purgstall and the more powerful weapons insure that, should Sho or Purgstall have been more hesitant to act, it can cause a greater level of destruction to put more pressure on them. 

I like the idea of it not being physically very powerful and goes into it's role both in the manga and my revamp. Fake Gigantic is just a big, glass cannon. It looks scary and it can put on a flashy show but one hit and its history.

Posted (edited)

Was thinking of commissioning artwork of Fake Gigantic at some point but I'm not sure of the colour. 

Should I go with the same colouring as Sho's Gigantic, only darker....

latest?cb=20110213191828

Or go for Aptom's Fake Guyver colours?

latest?cb=20130220193348

aptom3.jpgaptom2.jpg

Aptomform1.jpg

Edited by Jabil Pazuzu

I guess it would all depend on what the purpose of your fake gigantic is?

If they are trying to cheat people and make them think that it is either Sho or Agito, then you should go with their colors.

If they are using them for other purposes, then any mix of colors would suffice.