Sign in to follow this  
PowerofGuyver

Guyver (pre gigantic and Exceed) vs Doomsday (1992)

So I'm bored, and I like Doomsday, and Guyver. Both visually awesome characters with great physical powers. Now to make the fight interesting, I decided to keep the Gigantic and Exceed Guyver forms out of the battle. I'm interested in discussing if the Guyver can take Doomsday with the default settings of powers.

4084144-3695870345-22282.png

072a0cbeb08f51ff197cf0f0eac09589--death-

So what do you think? Can the Guyver without his power ups take on the beast that killed Superman? 

I think this is a great battle. Doomsday on the surface would be like any other Zoanoid, or Hyper Zoanoid, but he's far more durable than any of of them. Back in 1992 during the Death of Superman comic, Doomsday tanked all manner of energy blasts from the Justice League, army, and Superman himself. Didn't even slow him down. Same goes with physical blows, repeated hits from Superman, and he held in there for a long time. 

So with that said, doesn't seem like the mega smasher, nor head beam could really hurt Doomsday. I think the best chance for the Guyver to win are the high frequency blades, and pressure cannon. Doomsday does have a weakness with his external bones. They're incredibly sharp and strong, but if they get broken, can cause him extreme anguish.

Edited by PowerofGuyver

...Given the absurd power levels over at DC (even back in '92) I don't think the Guyver could win this under any set of circumstances.

Doomsday's only power at the time of his introduction was blunt force trauma, but it would be enough. He could shatter the control medallion with a single punch... and he'd only have to get lucky once.

I wonder if even the frequency blades could cut him.

Well lets start with understanding the nature of the beast.

Doomsday is just as strong as Superman and unlike the man of steel he's not prone to pulling his punches, one solid blown and a normal guyver is dead. To make things worse Doomsday is just as fast and durable. So he's practically invulnerable. His bone spikes are also sharp enough to cut the seemingly invulnerable Kal-EL. Also while almost mindless Superman has noted several times that Doomsday is not a dumb beast type fighter and will actually adapt his attack style to suit the situation, not as in real fighting skill but Doomsday will for example throw objects at a flying target rather then just jump at them blindly. 

He has two real weaknesses. He's almost mindless and single minded, he only thinks about destroying and unless something really gets his attention he has been know to just ignore a foe if their out of his line of sight or something else catch's his eye. This also makes his movements easy to predict outside of combat so he can be easily led into traps. The other is that since he cannot fly he's more vulnerable in the air were his movements are restricted although with his reflexes and senses it can be hard to get the drop on him.

So this is a pretty tall order for the a guyver and if we are talking Doomsday post Death of Superman when you have his insane reactive adaption powers to deal with.

As I see it a normal guyver is an ant to Doomsday. Gigantic is powerful enough to brawl with 100 ton+ marvel power houses but Doomsday is on a whole other level from them, he's fast enough to actually out pass gigantic as well and to make it worse Gigantic is known for being less agile in melee combat. Exceed will last longerby being tougher and stronger but is not shown any sign of being Superman OP level powerful and its large size could be a hindrance agenst a smaller foe who's as fast and hits as hard as Doomsday.

Doomsdays take on Supe's heat vision and Darkseid's Omega beams, so your right the head beams and Mega-Smasher are really not going to make a dent in him.

Likewise brute force is a no go, it takes a being of OP Krytonian level strength to even begin to hurt Doomsday though brute force alone and no form of the guyver is that strong.

In theory the High Frequency Blades can cut through almost anything, they should even be able to cut through metals like adamantium. So their is a chance they will cut Doomsday. But you'd have to make it count. Doomdsay's body is almost a complete solid mass with Kryptionian level durability and he has healed almost instantly from a slashing wound Superman gave him once. Cutting of an arm or a bone spike will hurt him but that's about it along with just pissing him off as he cannot bleed out since his body has minimal fluids to. You'd need to take his head clean off and given what your up aganst that not easy.

As far as I know Doomsdays never been up against gravity attacks so they may work but the same issue comes up, Doomdsay has Superman level durability and unless you basically take his head off or blown a huge hole in him your wasting time.

The sonic buster would be by far the best tool for the job but Doomsdays already developed some resistance to sonics during his second fight with Superman and he adapted very quickly to it

By far the single best chance the guyver has to beat Doomsday is the Gravity Implosion. It could be enough to kill him if it hits but it takes time to charge and Doomsday is insanely fast.

The real big problem is that the guyver is only going to get one shot at this, if they mess up they risk having Doomsday adapt to the weapons that did affect him and then they are screwed.

If I was the guyver doing this I'd much rather fight the Hulk then Doomsday but there is a way.

A head on attack is basically suicide with any guyver variant. The best and safest bet is to blast him with the GI asap because the Pressure Cannon is not a guarantied kill shot if it hits and the blades require getting close which is were Doomsday holds all the cards especially if you mess up your first attack. 

The best I can come up with is to dismember Doomsday and launch him into the air or better yet just trick him into jumping really high, then go Exceed and while he's in mid air charge and blast him with the Gravity Implosion.

Edited by Godzilla (2017)

Agree with your points mostly except for this:

7 hours ago, Godzilla (2017) said:

In theory the High Frequency Blades can cut through almost anything, they should even be able to cut through metals like adamantium.

How could the frequency blades cut adamantium? They put out destructive vibrations at a molecular (or crystalline, I guess) level, but it's still a function of kinetic energy. The whole point about structural integrity is applying kinetic energy to disrupt it, and the whole deal of adamantium is that applying sufficient kinetic energy to tear it apart is not possible. Not by natural means, anyway.

5 hours ago, Salkafar said:

Agree with your points mostly except for this:

How could the frequency blades cut adamantium? They put out destructive vibrations at a molecular (or crystalline, I guess) level, but it's still a function of kinetic energy. The whole point about structural integrity is applying kinetic energy to disrupt it, and the whole deal of adamantium is that applying sufficient kinetic energy to tear it apart is not possible. Not by natural means, anyway.

I did have a reason for that but after mulling over what you said I have to admite your right.

what I was using for comparison was Savage Land Vibraniam also known as anti-metal which gives of vibrations that allow it to cut through any metal but then I realised that it's power is meant to trump any metal not any material it comes into contact with. So your right.

The only other things I know of that can break adamantiame are Thor's hammer and some magic sword wolverine's used that cuts on the molecular level but both are magic weapons and function with different rules to guyvers blades.

Wakanda vibrainam can stop a high frequency blade to right?

Pretty damn good debates there be people. Looks like the default Guyver won't have a chance without Gigantic and Exceed.

Edited by PowerofGuyver

Yeah, safe to say that unless the Guyver gets stupid lucky, the win will go to Doomsday.

Though I am almost certain that Superman equipping a Guyver Unit would be a guaranteed victory for the man-of-steel(man-of-bio-steel?).

Superman can't bond with a Guyver: his biology would not allow the bonding process. His cells are super-strong, after all...

7 hours ago, Salkafar said:

Superman can't bond with a Guyver: his biology would not allow the bonding process. His cells are super-strong, after all...

True, thought the Guyver unit might try to adapt to Superman's physiology, but it would probably just fail in the end.  Thanks for the info.

You're all missing out on one thing. Yep Doomsday might be able to kill a Guyver by destroying it's control medal. But in the end the Guyver amour itself in an uncontrolled state would try and merge with him. Ultimately given Doomsday regenerative powers and ability to form powers to take on new enemies Doomsday could effectively become his own control medal to control the Guyver organism.