Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Bellamy

Destiny 2

Recommended Posts

At least Bungie is giving good reason to explain why those of us on consoles won't have our uber-gear to go into Destiny 2 -- I can only imagine the screams of frustration from PC gamers if they had to start from scratch while Xbox/PS4 kept their loot from the last three years.  Honestly, it's about time we saw the Cabal be more... well, badass, to be honest.  Aside from a few strikes, the Vex have been ignored since the vanilla storyline.  The Fallen and the Hive have both had two expansions apiece in Destiny dedicated to them, and so honestly I'm about tired of seeing them.  So it'll be a refreshing change of pace to see Ghaul and his elite Red Legion Cabal as the next big threat.

The expansions intrigue me as well -- looks like the first one will center on the Warlock Osiris, while the second expansion focuses on Rasputin.  I do hope that Destiny 2 brings back Mara Sov (the Awoken Queen, as Bungie's pretty much said she isn't dead), and that we can potentially meet those Guardians who swore off fighting (the ones Efrideet mentioned in the Iron Banner questline that popped up after Rise of Iron came out).  I'm also hoping for the Exo Stranger to make an appearance again -- though theory and rumor has it that she's quite possibly allied with Osiris.

As for me, I've begun making the switch:  I got a PS4 last week, and I have a female Awoken Hunter sitting at 365 Light -- not bad for a week's worth of work.  Got a male Exo Titan created, and I'm gonna likely do a male Human Warlock here soon.  And, especially since another of my friends from Xbox is moving to PS4 for Destiny 2 to play with her husband, I'm planning to make the switch as well and continue with PS4 in Destiny 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Azaar said:

At least Bungie is giving good reason to explain why those of us on consoles won't have our uber-gear to go into Destiny 2 -- I can only imagine the screams of frustration from PC gamers if they had to start from scratch while Xbox/PS4 kept their loot from the last three years.  Honestly, it's about time we saw the Cabal be more... well, badass, to be honest.  Aside from a few strikes, the Vex have been ignored since the vanilla storyline.  The Fallen and the Hive have both had two expansions apiece in Destiny dedicated to them, and so honestly I'm about tired of seeing them.  So it'll be a refreshing change of pace to see Ghaul and his elite Red Legion Cabal as the next big threat.

The expansions intrigue me as well -- looks like the first one will center on the Warlock Osiris, while the second expansion focuses on Rasputin.  I do hope that Destiny 2 brings back Mara Sov (the Awoken Queen, as Bungie's pretty much said she isn't dead), and that we can potentially meet those Guardians who swore off fighting (the ones Efrideet mentioned in the Iron Banner questline that popped up after Rise of Iron came out).  I'm also hoping for the Exo Stranger to make an appearance again -- though theory and rumor has it that she's quite possibly allied with Osiris.

As for me, I've begun making the switch:  I got a PS4 last week, and I have a female Awoken Hunter sitting at 365 Light -- not bad for a week's worth of work.  Got a male Exo Titan created, and I'm gonna likely do a male Human Warlock here soon.  And, especially since another of my friends from Xbox is moving to PS4 for Destiny 2 to play with her husband, I'm planning to make the switch as well and continue with PS4 in Destiny 2.

Up until I read your post I had completely forgotten about the Exo Stranger.

Shit. The main plot for this doesn't seem like she'd be involved at all. Almost sounds like they are scrapping the (meh) main story from year one and making it feel like it was DLC... And that Crota and Oryx were the main campaign rather than the Vex plotline.( It seems to be more of a "This is how you met the Queen who was whupped by Oryx").

I mean I hope not... And hopefully they have learned that we want a good story alongside all that loot...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt Bellamy said:

Up until I read your post I had completely forgotten about the Exo Stranger.

drenn. The main plot for this doesn't seem like she'd be involved at all. Almost sounds like they are scrapping the (meh) main story from year one and making it feel like it was DLC... And that Crota and Oryx were the main campaign rather than the Vex plotline.( It seems to be more of a "This is how you met the Queen who was whupped by Oryx").

I mean I hope not... And hopefully they have learned that we want a good story alongside all that loot...

The idea, according to the blurb they've given for Destiny 2, indicates that Guardians are regrouping and going out to try and recruit allies to help reclaim The Last City from Ghaul and the Cabal Red Legion.  I sorta want to see more of the Exo Stranger myself; if nothing else, I'm curious to find out if the Exo Stranger is actually Ana Bray (Clovis Bray's daughter), or if it's the woman Cayde's mentioned (between lines and the Grimoire) as being the woman he loved before he became an Exo (because apparently she became an Exo as well).

I do hope the story is better than what we originally got... and we better get some damn good loot.

BTW, Matt:  you play on PS4, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Azaar said:

The idea, according to the blurb they've given for Destiny 2, indicates that Guardians are regrouping and going out to try and recruit allies to help reclaim The Last City from Ghaul and the Cabal Red Legion.  I sorta want to see more of the Exo Stranger myself; if nothing else, I'm curious to find out if the Exo Stranger is actually Ana Bray (Clovis Bray's daughter), or if it's the woman Cayde's mentioned (between lines and the Grimoire) as being the woman he loved before he became an Exo (because apparently she became an Exo as well).

I do hope the story is better than what we originally got... and we better get some damn good loot.

BTW, Matt:  you play on PS4, right?

If the last DLC's are any evidence... They seem to at least acknowledge that we want story... And not just Cayde... but Cayde is fun.

I mean we still have so many unanswered questions... ( granted of a 10 year plan, we are technically 3 years in already)

Where that goes, I guess we will just have to wait and see.

I have a PS4, but I play on my XB1 for most things, mainly because of the controller and my friends... but mainly for the controller. Have always preferred the Xbox controller... And the normal one for the XB1 is great, but my Elite is fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, thread necromancy and all, but...

Did anyone watch the gameplay reveal a couple of weeks ago?  Speaking for myself, I'm pretty well digging what I'm seeing so far.  Six-shooter Golden Guns, roaming Fist of Havoc, the new Dawnblade Warlock subclass that's replacing the Sunsinger, the arc staff for the Arcstrider (which admittedly looks too Bladedancer-like, but I can deal)... and one of my personal favorites, the Captain America-shield-slinging Sentinel Titan subclass.  It all looks really darned good.

I pre-ordered the Deluxe Digital Edition for PS4 -- content exclusivity sucks, I know, but that plays a minor role.  Mostly, it's a) several of my friends have made the switch to PS4, and b) I've actually joined a clan with seven other people recently, and we're planning to hang together for Destiny 2.  Hopefully, E3 will finally give us details on the beta going live, as well as how long it'll last.  I was sorta disappointed there wasn't an official announcement for the beta during the gameplay reveal, but some accounts for the Countdown Crucible mode (attack/defend objective that's pretty much a Search & Destroy theme) and the Inverted Spire strike showed a potential Easter egg in the Glimmer (17177) -- some in the community are theorizing that the beta goes live for everyone on July 17, but since I pre-ordered, I'll get an early crack at it.

In case you haven't seen it yet, here's your chance, courtesy of the official Destiny account on YouTube:  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Azaar said:

So, thread necromancy and all, but...

Did anyone watch the gameplay reveal a couple of weeks ago?  Speaking for myself, I'm pretty well digging what I'm seeing so far.  Six-shooter Golden Guns, roaming Fist of Havoc, the new Dawnblade Warlock subclass that's replacing the Sunsinger, the arc staff for the Arcstrider (which admittedly looks too Bladedancer-like, but I can deal)... and one of my personal favorites, the Captain America-shield-slinging Sentinel Titan subclass.  It all looks really darned good.

I pre-ordered the Deluxe Digital Edition for PS4 -- content exclusivity sucks, I know, but that plays a minor role.  Mostly, it's a) several of my friends have made the switch to PS4, and b) I've actually joined a clan with seven other people recently, and we're planning to hang together for Destiny 2.  Hopefully, E3 will finally give us details on the beta going live, as well as how long it'll last.  I was sorta disappointed there wasn't an official announcement for the beta during the gameplay reveal, but some accounts for the Countdown Crucible mode (attack/defend objective that's pretty much a Search & Destroy theme) and the Inverted Spire strike showed a potential Easter egg in the Glimmer (17177) -- some in the community are theorizing that the beta goes live for everyone on July 17, but since I pre-ordered, I'll get an early crack at it.

In case you haven't seen it yet, here's your chance, courtesy of the official Destiny account on YouTube:  

 

I watched it live ( while at work!) on the day of... And I gotta say I am liking what I am seeing.

The biggest thing though? That it is still "Destiny" Sure the supers and weapons are changed up a bit, and we'll have a new ability... But it still FEELS like Destiny. They aren't tweaking the general control scheme at all. Which is perfect, as Destiny, despite ALL the flaws, still feels and plays extremely well.

About the only thing I thought was weird was the announcement of the team of 4 crucible now. Kind of weird considering everything else that is kind of based on 3's... But then I am not a big crucible player, so it matters little to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×