Sign in to follow this  
The Dream Demon

Godzilla: Monster Planet

godzilla-monster-planet-poster-trama-e-c

The last summer of the 20th Century. That day, the human beings learn that they are not the only ruler of the planet Earth.

The appearance of the giant living creatures "Kaiju's" and the ultimate existence that destroys all monsters: Godzilla. Through the battle against kaiju’s that lasted for half a century, human beings has experienced continuous defeat, and finally plans to escape from the Earth. And in 2048, only those who were selected by the A.I. managed under the central government boarded the inter-sidereal emigrant spaceship "Aratrum" to head for "Tau Cetus e", the planet beyond the distance of 11.9 light-year. However, the environmental condition differences between that of the Earth and Tau e, which they finally arrived after 20 years were far beyond the predicted numbers, and was not an environment considered to be habitable by human beings.

The young man on the emigrant ship: Haruo, who saw his parents killed by Godzilla in front of his eyes when he was 4 years old, had only one thing in his mind for 20 years: to return to the Earth and defeat Godzilla. Shut out from the possibility of emigration, as the living environment in the ship deteriorates, the group of "Earth Returnists" led by Haruo became the majority, and determines to head back to Earth through a dangerous long-distance hyperspace navigation.

However, the Earth they have returned has already passed the time of 20,000 years, and has become an unknown world with the ecosystem reigned by Godzilla.

At the end, will human beings win back the Earth? And what will Haruo see beyond his fate…?

godzilla-animated-700x300.jpg

1f4dfcc3345c963045dbc3b88714b4a914903566

godzilla-monster-planet-anime-5.jpg

godzilla-monster-planet-anime-4.jpg

Godzilla-Monster-Planet-1.jpg

This is the first full length Godzilla anime produced by Toho. Godzilla and co have done cameos is lots of other anime but this will be the first full length feature dedicated to the Big G. Its looking like the Gdzilla movie of my dreams!

• Like 1

I was beginning to wonder when they would make a Godzilla anime. I think this will be really entertaining. It would just be a shame if they only limit it to another miniseries restricted to 10-20 episodes. 

On 25/04/2017 at 8:52 PM, Gazham said:

Looks good! Is it out yet?

It will be out November this year, however once its main theatrical run is over it will go strait to Netflix world wide. 

We'll be able to watch it much sooner then we did Shin. The same thing is happening for the Devilman Crybaby anime to.

7 hours ago, Kurt said:

I was beginning to wonder when they would make a Godzilla anime. I think this will be really entertaining. It would just be a shame if they only limit it to another miniseries restricted to 10-20 episodes. 

Its been conferred as part of a trilogy of films.

The confirmed  monsters are....

Godzilla

godroarblue.jpg

Rodan

rodan_by_tapwing-d915qoj.jpg

Anguirus

VsKVM6_D.jpg

Orga

Va1kkBX.jpg

Dagahra from Rebirth of Mothra 2

godzilla_neo___dagarla_by_kaijusamurai.j

and finally Dogora the Space Monster!

DOGORA.jpg

Edited by A.M.A.Z.O

Why Orga? He was a horrible villain from Godzilla 2000. He didn't last very long at all against Godzilla. :o

Ok so a new trailer and some news.

Ok this is a pretty big spoiler for the film so be warned.

This Godzilla, much like Shin Godzilla's incarnation features a new, revamped origin. He originated from plant-based life, and has gone on to live and dominate the planet for 20,000 years.

Thats right, Monster planet Godzilla is a giant plant! All of the alien plants seen in the older artwork is linked to this organisame and new monsters called Servum, have a genetic makeup that is 97% identical to Godzilla. 

major-spoilers-godzillamonster-planet-2.

This Godzilla has, so far, been stated to have atomic breath, can produce EMP blasts and metallic tissue. 

The universe is a stange thing. 27 years ago, I was born on th 27th of November. About three weeks later Godzilla vs Biollante was released. This is one of may all time faviort Godzilla films, the fact it came out the year I was born and so close to my birthday also made it specal. Now here I am 27 years later looking at a plant version of Godzilla, who also happens to be the biggest version so far and part of what is effectivley my dream godzilla film that is also comeing out on the month I was born.....

There is only one image that truly depict just how happy I am....

giphy.webp 

Edited by Limit Breaker Goku

I wouldn't be surprised if most of those confirmed monsters are just cameos. Still Orga and Dagarah are surprises. God I'm not super in love with the CGI style but I am way into a Godzilla anime and the plot idea in general so pretty excited.

By film binge watch list for the films release. Spoilers for the film

Due to Godzilla being descended from plant based life in this films universe, in honour of its release I'm gonna binge watch some killer plant films and TV Series!.

my list is...

The Day of the Triffids (Film and both TV series)
The Thing From Another World
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956 and 1978) - Later films don't have the plant feel.
Little Shop of Horrors (1960 and 1986)
Matango (Fungus are not plants but its such a great Toho film so why not)
Doctor Who: The Seeds of Doom
Dr. Terror's House of Horrors - The Creeping Vine
From Hell It Came
Man-Thing
Maneater of Hydra
The Navy vs. the Night Monsters
The Ruins
Splinter (Fungus again)
Troll 3
The Revenge of Doctor X
The Woman Eater
Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes
The Happening
Trees and Trees 2
The Guardian
Shrooms (more fungus)

Please note this list was put together based on content......not necessarily quality.

On the films release day I'll watch Godzilla vs Biollante.

Edited by Godzilla (2017)

Ok a lot of stuff for the movie and it tie in novel Monster Apocalypse!

Artwork

ImageImage

Images of other Kaiju.

Orga

Dogora

Dagahra

The novel is something of a chronical, detail the appearances of other kaiju over the years before the humans are force to leave earth. I'll give some of the basic info on each here as the novel is not set for an English release as of yet.

Kamacuras: The first Kamacuras was killed by bunker buster bombs after attacking New York in 1999. By the 2030's numerous Kamacuras inhabited the U.S., along with Kumonga.

zkamacuras_keyshot_by_dopepope-db3wdpz.j

Dogora: Killed by spider venom being released from chemical plants in the UK and Europe in 2002 after it attacked London.

dogora-11.jpg?w=431&h=186

Kamoebas: At least four individuals appeared. The fourth Kamoebas washed ashore dead on Odo Island in 2030, and was the first evidence of the existence of Godzilla.5461592_std.jpg

Rodan: The first Rodan attacked Beijing with the first Anguirus in 2005, but they were both killed by Hedorah. However, sometime later flocks of Rodan were present in Siberia and preyed upon refugees fleeing Europe.
260px-Rodan_poster_detail.jpg

Anguirus: The first Anguirus was killed by Hedorah along with Rodan in 2005. A second Anguirus attacked South Africa a year later, but its fate is unknown. A fourth Anguirus was killed by Godzilla in Los Angeles in 2030, along with Varan II and Baragon II.
20589839_511704122506542_835942521764210

Hedorah: Hedorah was a bioweapon created by the Chinese, but went out of control after it killed Rodan and Anguirus. It destroyed Beijing and Tianjin, then vanished after it consumed all pollutants in the area. It's safe to say Hedorah's fate is unknown.
300px-Hedorah_water_form.jpg

Gabara: Was injured in an explosion and fell into a river and was eaten alive by crocodiles and piranhas. Gabara was only about 10 meters tall, so he was smaller than many of the other kaiju.

21042643_1663476216997005_82818354566188

Dagahra: Dagahra attacked Australia in 2017, and was eventually fatally wounded by the Australian military and flew out to sea and died. However upon death he released a ton of Barems into Australian waters, which arguably caused more devastation than him.

gzUgBfe.png

Orga: Orga attacked Turkey in 2022. No details are given about his defeat, but it gives the impression that he was stopped.
latest?cb=20120818173401

Megalon: Megalon appeared in 2012 and destroyed several countries along the west coast of Africa. He returned in 2022 and completely destroyed South Africa. No details on his fate.
BbeaE.png

Griffon: Appeared in Cairo in 2021. They were seemingly defeated before they could reproduce and spread.

lat0-4.jpg

Gezora: Terrorized the Mediterranean in the late 2010's, hindering refugee movement out of Europe. Fate unknown.
456969-gezora.jpg

Giant Octopus: Lived in the Pacific Ocean, and sank several fishing boats and transport vessels every year. Fate unknown.

260?cb=20090103232525

Ganimes: Attacked American crab fishing boats in the Bering Sea. Fate unknown.

latest?cb=20070731001404

Manda: First appeared in the Atlantic in 2022 and terrorized it for years. He was finally destroyed by the Gotengo in the Strait of Dover 2039 as part of "Operation: Eternal Light," a mission to regain control of the Atlantic Ocean from the kaiju.
latest?cb=20131024042213

Varan: Multiple individuals appeared, but the second Varan was killed by Godzilla in Los Angeles in 2030.
varan_lateral-shot.jpg?w=450&h=206

Baragon: Same case as Varan. Multiple individuals appeared, but Baragon II was killed by Godzilla in LA in 2030.
Baragongmk01.jpg

Maguma: Destroyed North Korea in 2024 then moved into South Korea. Once Maguma approached Seoul, the U.S. launched a tactical nuke and killed him.
latest?cb=20150317045120

Kumonga: Lived alongside Kamacuras in the U.S. in the 2030's. No details on its fate or how many there were.

kumongafinal3031.jpg?w=350&h=200&crop=1

Megaguirus: No details yet.

latest?cb=20120707033921

Biollante: Appeared off the coast of Normandy in 2039 as "Operation: Eternal Light" was underway and took G-Force by surprise. She was defeated by Moguera when it burrowed into her roots and destroyed her "heart."
image.jpg

Gorosaurus: Appeared in Paris after Godzilla destroyed it. Gorosaurus was killed by the combined efforts of G-Force and the Bilsards in 2039.
250?cb=20170324110656&path-prefix=ru

Zilla: When the first Zilla was killed it was misidentified by the French as Godzilla because it also was a bipedal creature with back fins and a long tail. Unfortunately Zilla was capable of asexual reproduction and quickly overran France, and frequently preyed upon refugees fleeing from Godzilla himself. Zilla was eventually wiped out by G-Force, but at great cost and difficulty.
3038c71d-s.jpg

Godzilla: Is hit with 150 nuclear bombs and survives. He destroyed Los Angeles with a few blasts from his atomic breath. His power is so destructive that the POTUS kills himself.

And know for some of the latest poster and tv spots.

Edited by The Dream Demon

Ok so the film is out but we're going to have to wait till next year to see. Also the poster for its squeal is already out and the film will be out in May.

Godzilla: Mobile Battle City

I have found a small synopsis of Monster Planet's plot for those who don't mind being spoiled.

Giant monsters start showing up from the end of the 20th century and wreck Earth, the worst of all being Godzilla. Also aliens show up and befriend mankind and help fight the monsters but by the mid 21st century 90% of the population is dead anyway and mankind has to abandon Earth.20 years later and one of the two immigrant ships is running out of resources with no habitable planet in site and they decide to warp back to Earth, especially since protagonist Haruo has been researching Godzilla and has a plan on how to kill him (turns out that Godzilla has a shield which is what let him do drenn like tank 150 nukes at the same time and Haruo has figured out how to turn it off).They go back to Earth where 20000 years have passed and send out a team to kill Godzilla. The team gets wrecked by the smaller flying monsters and they decide to evacuate but run into Godzilla (50 m) and carry out Haruo's plan instead. It succeeds and they kill Godzilla. The professor then tells Haruo that what they killed couldn't have been the original Godzilla because it was completely identical to their 20000 year old data. The original Godzilla (over 300 m) then pops out of a mountain, shoots down the landing ships by barking supersonic waves at them, and then wipes out everything on the ground by waving his tail at them which shoots out a beam shockwave. Post-credits scene has Haruo wake up after having been rescued by some indigenous girl (descendant of survivors from 20000 years ago) wearing weird junk. Final shot is a still of him and other people standing in front of Mecha Godzilla.

Edited by The Dream Demon