Sign in to follow this  
thrawnuodo

ebookjapan rankings

I don't really post a lot, but thought this ebook ranking article might be of interest to everyone, especially the following quote:

"While the sales of its print edition has kept dropping (11,728,368 copies in 2014 to 8,778,048 in 2015 to 6,544,081 in 2016, becoming a half in three years), Hajime Isayama's Attack on Titan still holds its top position at the digital bookstore's general and male manga rankings for four consecutive years since 2013. (Also), One interesting entry is Yoshiki Takaya's long-running sci-fi action series Bio Booster Armor Guyver in the fourth, which has run in Japan for over 30 years and is still loved by many manga readers."

Kind of gives me hope that this kind of popularity in Japan may lead to some published translations in the states to garner interest. Maybe that's what Takaya's hiatus is all about? Getting offers and coordinating a Guyver resurgence? Hey, it's a nice thought.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/12/02/attack-on-titan-dominates-digital-bookstore-ebook-japans-manga-ranking-for-four-consecutive-years

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, thrawnuodo said:

I don't really post a lot, but thought this ebook ranking article might be of interest to everyone, especially the following quote:

"While the sales of its print edition has kept dropping (11,728,368 copies in 2014 to 8,778,048 in 2015 to 6,544,081 in 2016, becoming a half in three years), Hajime Isayama's Attack on Titan still holds its top position at the digital bookstore's general and male manga rankings for four consecutive years since 2013. (Also), One interesting entry is Yoshiki Takaya's long-running sci-fi action series Bio Booster Armor Guyver in the fourth, which has run in Japan for over 30 years and is still loved by many manga readers."

Kind of gives me hope that this kind of popularity in Japan may lead to some published translations in the states to garner interest. Maybe that's what Takaya's hiatus is all about? Getting offers and coordinating a Guyver resurgence? Hey, it's a nice thought.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/12/02/attack-on-titan-dominates-digital-bookstore-ebook-japans-manga-ranking-for-four-consecutive-years

It's really hard to say... I bet book 32's release played a big part in that, another milestone anniversary, as well as the early figma announcements.

The general hype for the series got another temporary boost due to merchandise and another anniversary... Not to mention the other companies working on Guyver merchandise ( licensed or not).

I mean, we can always hope things will improve for the series... I mean, there has to be a good reason why he's taken so much time off, without an kind of announcement... as if he was ill, they usually let you know... but if it's a project, they tend to keep those under wraps...

I've still got my fingers crossed for either a new anime or even better, Guyver Musou on PS4 by Koei!!!

• Like 1