Sign in to follow this  
Ultimate W'kar

A question about finding a free web hosting site that allows for transfer html Script for webs sites.

I don't  recall, if I mentioned this before or not here, but I've been in college for a few... um... several years now.  So despite spending many  semesters in a CGP (computer graphics and Programming) Degree I've only now taking a Web development class. Those of you who were part of the warrior guyver board before the merge with Japan Legend might remember that for a while I had a rather horrible organized fanfiction site made with the template system provided by Tripod.com and I did mention back in 2012, that I was working on a version of the site using Microsoft sharepoint designer 2007 (you could draw out objects in it and it was fairly user friendly too) In fact the last character datafile update I post here was one of the "new" content I had written for that version of the site with the Help from my now Deceased older brother and original designer of the Warrior Wizard/ Lee Master character. However, once I had a fairly satisfying version of the new site finished, I found out to my frustration that Tripod.com did not support important code or build data from outside source. Which the only thing I could do at the time was try and take everything I made an apply it with the new template system which was the very reason I made that version with sharepoint that I did. So after.. geeze, nearly 4 year of doing nothing with that site design or my fanfiction I thought that since I was taking a web development course, I might as well use this as a  way to completely rebuild my site from scratch using both of my older version as reference as how I want it to look and to be honest its looking pretty good. Hell, I actually having a pretty fun time coding the site... except for the Legend of Fire Guyver Episode 1 page, which is driving me bonkers with having to put it in there <p></p> tag by <p></p> and since I've had problems just looking at the text because of certain little thing I had done when I originally wrote it, I've decided to do some minor edits and more importantly remove all instances where any character has a descriptive text stating they are laugh fallowed by the dialog actually having "Ha, ha, ha" in it, which is needlessly pointless and gets really annoying when that was pretty much all Gregole did besides calling people "bastard" ALL THE TIME , they were pretty much his catch phrase (sigh). Seriously, I really hate young me for not giving that guy any real dialog. Oh, and then there is the fact he has NO inside voice.... But, now I'm getting off topic.

The point I was trying to get at is that I really want to be able to publish this site, but I really don't know any free website hoster's (other than tripod.com). I really need to find one that I can just take my Html and Css scripts (plus assets of course) which I made in notepad ++ and just import then to the host to publish my site. So I was wondering if you guys know any such site, that I could use. Also... sorry about the mid post rant. Here an snip it of what this version currently looks like.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Ultimate W'kar

Ahh Tripod, it was actally a more fun place back in 1998! Now they even block FTP from the free accounts :(

If the site has Guyver stuff on it you can host it on the Archive if you want.

http://www.warriorguyver.com/gfa/fansites/index.htm

If you're still in the middle of putting it together and want to work on it I can create an FTP account with access to your folder.

On 10/26/2016 at 3:25 AM, Sully said:

Ahh Tripod, it was actally a more fun place back in 1998! Now they even block FTP from the free accounts :(

If the site has Guyver stuff on it you can host it on the Archive if you want.

http://www.warriorguyver.com/gfa/fansites/index.htm

If you're still in the middle of putting it together and want to work on it I can create an FTP account with access to your folder.

Really, you would do that Sully~sama? :o That would be AMAZING!! You know I actually wish I older to have been able to view the 1998 version WarriorGuyver site with Joe who was the one responsible for introducing me to you and your site via the datafiles of all things. I am so glad he did as I probable wouldn't have found this site when I finally was able to get on the internet myself in high school. I wish he was still around, I bet he would be as static about hear this offer as I am. I just hope I can make a lot more headway with the coding of the Legend of Fire Guyver Episode 1 fanfiction this weekend as I have some big plans I want to get to with a few other projects for this that can't really get to until I finish that page. Including a short story of sorts and a few character updates.