Sign in to follow this  
Mirabilis

The Three "Matters"

So I've been trying to find a way to read the actual three matters of medieval literature for some time now, but I haven't had any luck whatsoever with finding them. Anytime I try looking them up online, all I can find is the wikipedia pages talking about them, and some websites discussing their subject matter. Either that, or some thesis and articles talking about them, but where can you actually go to read them? I haven't found them in my library, I can't find them online either. Is there anywhere you can go to read them, or do you have to be a special someone in order to have access to those pieces of literature?

I haven't had any luck finding them either, and it's rather frustrating to be honest...Especially since the Matter of Britain allegedly deals with the original tales of King Arthur. I would love to read that or find it but no luck with that; or the other Matters. It's frustrating because all I can find on Charlemagne, Arthur etc are added tales, stories and newer "modern" fairytales. I'd like to see the original story though.