Sign in to follow this  
Sully

WGfic - Character Stories section

Matt, Andre and I have being talking about this section and what we want from it.

This section of the WG-Fiction will contain stories that are non-cannon to the rest of the Stories. This will include the Chronicles of the Warrior Guyver story and the Twilight Guyver fan-fiction.

The Warrior Guyver 2 story and the Faye and Psi-Guyver short stories will be moved into the Warrior Guyver story area.

This will basically be the area where anyone out side the main stories can write to put a WG based story up and is free to so whatever they want aka the Marvel What If. This will free up those waiting for our rewrites to get to a point were we feel ok on letting someone else join in.

The first changes to this section will be happening this Sunday. Chronicles and Twlight Guyver will move into this section of the website while Psi-Guyver, Warrior Guyver 2 and Faye's character stories will move into the Warrior Guyver Fic section.

Question: what will this mean for Inception and the following stories for Gabe (I'm hoping to have my rewrite of Preparations (Part I) ready before day's end and emailed in), leading up becoming the Stellar WG and beyond? Will there be a section for Gabe made in the near-future, or would his stories also be folded into the Warrior Guyver story area as well?

Question: what will this mean for Inception and the following stories for Gabe (I'm hoping to have my rewrite of Preparations (Part I) ready before day's end and emailed in), leading up becoming the Stellar WG and beyond? Will there be a section for Gabe made in the near-future, or would his stories also be folded into the Warrior Guyver story area as well?

What this means is from this point on there are effectively 3 tiers of fan-fiction.

1) Warrior Guyver, Warrior GuyverC and Nova Guyver.

These are the 3 foundation fictions. All are currently being worked on. Matt, Andre and I will basically vote and chat to decide who joins us in the future.

2) Assassin Guyver, Cyber Guyver, Flight of an Angel, Guyver XT and W'Kar.

These are the second tier stories. What happens in these shapes the lore of the WG fiction universe. As such can't conflict with tier 1 stories or 2. These are less likely to be updated as their writers are either busy or no longer part of the team as they left the project.

c) Tier 3 aka Character Stories.

These are their own self contained stories. Basically for you and others your fictions would be based there and defectively have to prove themselves there. But there are no restrictions, you'll not see Matt, Andre or I telling you "don't do that, it conflicts with X" etc. The idea is to let you run free so we can see what you can do. Twilight Guyver and Chronicles are back as they fit nicely there and have a chance of continuing.

Gotcha. That's cool. In the meantime, Part I of Preparations should be in your inbox shortly (if not already there).

I forgot to add, tiers have nothing to do with the quality of the story.

But it recognition by me for example that if I feel it requires the most work WG fiction comes before Assassin fic.

We also want to test people more so we don't end up with the W'Kar fics situation where we can't continue it but it's so ingrained in the story we can't remove it either or make it a character story. Officially it is now discontinued. (If you're wondering what will happen to W'Kar that will be answered eventually in the Illusion of Choice story).

Also ideally someone who gets a decent set of fiction together and shown they they are long term committed to the story can if they want take over Flight of an Angel. Even if no one does I intend on using the story as it and it's characters will be the focus of a lot of development fiction wise. So it's not going anywhere.

Character stories (as long as they are based on the WG fiction) can be posted here in this section without any issues. It's also handier that way for me to see "ohh he / she has got a following!).