Azaar

Diablo III

Granted, I'm curious more for the experiences of anyone playing the console version of Diablo III than anything -- I just today (splurging on myself for my birthday) pre-ordered my Xbox 360 copy of the Ultimate Evil Edition of Diablo III -- but PC gamer perspectives are fine, too. Has anyone been playing Diablo III here? I want to know about experiences -- I've already been looking at a couple of builds for the Demon Hunter, as well as a Crusader build, but I'd really like to know what people think about the game.

It's pretty good solo on pc was kind of boring but getting a group of friends and playing on one console is pretty fun.

Well, after about two weeks of playing, I'll give some basic ratings on the classes and my thoughts...

Barbarian: I have a Barbarian build that I'm gonna try and work on, but I have to admit, I've enjoyed playing the Barbarian in limited time.

Crusader: Also have a build for it (might as well be the Diablo 3 version of the D2 Hammerdin) -- but I really do enjoy the Crusader. Once I finish Act V - Westmarch with my Wizard, the Crusader is gonna be the next class I level up.

Demon Hunter: Damn. Just. Damn. I love this class! Beat Normal, have been doing bounties in Adventure mode in Expert (which means I'm still killing reasonably fast, but I probably should do Normal or Hard difficulty bounties for faster killing speed. Even so, Hungering Arrow (Spray of Teeth) and Elemental Arrow (Frost Arrow) with passives like Cull the Weak? God, it's been a blast.

Monk: The Monk, I'm actually not digging all that much, but I'll at least give it the good ol' college try. Most likely, though, it'll be the last character I try to run through Normal. I don't know why, I'm just not digging it quite so much.

Witch Doctor: God, the thematics of this class are fun. Once I finish the Crusader on Normal, I'll likely focus on my Witch Doctor next.

Wizard: You know, it's almost unfair, the ease through which I've mowed through the game with my Wizard. Most of that is because of socketed weapons with rubies to amp up the damage; right now, it's a Thunderfury legendary sword with a socketed Marquise Ruby, sitting at 357.7 damage -- got it partway through Act IV in the High Heavens. The result: Diablo dropped like a punk in less than five minutes (and that's likely being generous -- Electrocute (Surge of Power) and Disintegrate (Volatility) as main attacks is just sick... but Disintegrate will give way to Arcane Orb (Frozen Orb) come level 55. I'm in Act V - Westmarch right now, and still mowing through pretty much everything in sight.

So, on console... I love it! I have played some multiplayer action with friends -- I actually had the good fortune of playing a four-player game at one point on a 46-inch flatscreen... I definitely have to get myself a flatscreen TV sometime, I swear. It's a blast to play.

I bought Diablo III for the pc shortly before Reaper of Souls expansion came out. I enjoyed the game. The story was great. The cinematics were incredible. But the replayability I thought was meh. Even with another character it was only fun for so long. Reaching level cap and gaining paragon points I at first thought was great. Something to achieve. Then I got them and no matter how strong I was the mobs difficulty (settings pending) stayed relatively the same. I really dislike games where mobs level with you.

A friend from another online game jumped in to my party and I saw he was paragon level 421. One of the higher ranked players on the american servers. When he joined my game he one hit everything on the screen with his wizard. When I joined his game I was seeing him still having a hard time. After seeing that I said heck with it and stopped playing.

One of the paragon stats increases gold gain. The auction house was removed and pretty much everything you need is dropped. Minus the purchasing of the crafters skills and having them craft your rares. But again you get strong, mobs get strong.

Path of Exile is a very similar game for pc though different setting and story. Gameplay is basically a close with a different skill system. And its free to play. But it got boring as well.